Object Tooltips Stopped Showing Up

In my Sims 4 game, the object tooltips (like coffeemaker showing who made it, when it's going bad, servings left) stopped showing up.  (It's not just objects, it's everything).  The game itself is working ok.

I am new to Sims 4, I started playing it this week so there's a lot about the game I'm very clumsy with and I'm not familiar with it's own weird bugs.

I am running a ton of mods, if a mod can cause this, what should I look for?   (Disabling each mod individually and relaunching the game, would literally take me about 1000 years so I'm looking for some kind of better process to determine the culprit - if there is one).

If it could be something else, like I've inadvertently hit some key combo ... (in which case, please tell me the key to hit to make it come back)

Help.

(I do own it, got the base game free from Origin and I've bought a number of expansions and packs, but not all of them.)

Edited by poplan

Well this is weird, today I loaded the game and resumed my save and they're working again.

Anyone else see this happen, is there anything I can do to prevent it from happening again or is it just some stupid bug?

13 hours ago, poplan said:

Well this is weird, today I loaded the game and resumed my save and they're working again.

Anyone else see this happen, is there anything I can do to prevent it from happening again or is it just some stupid bug?

Not much you can do other than deleting your localthumbcache.pkg on occasion.

Once you start using mods, and even more mods often requires more work/time when trying to find bugs and updates.

If you had 1000 mods your game wouldn't even run.

CC like hair, makeup, Build Buy objects, etc. aren't considered mods so they don't count and usually don't cause trouble.

CC are things that make the sims/game look better but don't change game play or add new features or control anything.

Script and Tuning mods are the ones that can often conflict with each other.

Custom Careers and Traits often get broken with game patches which we have another one coming soon.

Best to keep your Mods folder Organized in folders by type of content or the mods name like:

Mods/CC Clothing

Mods/CC Hairstyles

Mods/CC Makeup

Mods/MCCC

Mods/WickedWhimsMod

Mods/Wicked Animations

etc.

When you need to find bugs it's easier to remove a few folders to desktop and retest game.