Help/re-up of my Room404 Gemini Lingerie Store retexture

At the old Modsgarden, I posted a retexture of Berger's superb Room404 Gemini lingerie store

I still have the retexture files to post but before doing that I can't find some attached files from the Modsgarden upload

They included a videscreen addon (with credit to the original author) and I put a lot of work into creating a film for the videowall in the attached image.

[PS the addon played actual films rather than an image loop]

If anyone has my full upload could they PM me?

screenshot2.jpg

I have a greenscreen.bs file in the Addon zip file but the thing isn't working in game. It's been so long I configured the thing or worked out how to link the player to the footage that you want to play, that any help would be appreciated!

Sorry but i cant find the tutorial.you can download my Elevator room from the addon section and take a look into the acroom.bsb and the room.bs file in the scripts/common folder to see how it works it is not that hard to do.(Or wait until Marburg logs in)

1 hour ago, bogbrush said:

I have a greenscreen.bs file in the Addon zip file but the thing isn't working in game. It's been so long I configured the thing or worked out how to link the player to the footage that you want to play, that any help would be appreciated!

Works fine here of course. Things don't just stop working because you dont use them for a while.

there should be two extra files in the Scenes folder:

\Scenes\Luder\Room\R9ZRoom404\greenscreen.bs

\Scenes\Luder\Room\R9ZRoom404\flatscreen.bs

Use the game's Album Controls to select a AVI movie from your Movies folders. or PNG images from your Screenshots folder.

Note: when you click this the first time in a sesssion, it takes a couple of moments to scan for media files in those folders.

Edited by Marburg

Thanks - the media files and are viewable in the Album Controls, just can't seem to get it to play on the videowall

They are definitely AVI files, located in the Movie folder and I haven't changed anything in the Addon zip file from when it was working, so am still stumped!

image3.jpg

image1.jpg

Edited by bogbrush
40 minutes ago, Marburg said:

Works fine here of course. Things don't just stop working because you dont use them for a while.

there should be two extra files in the Scenes folder:

\Scenes\Luder\Room\R9ZRoom404\greenscreen.bs

\Scenes\Luder\Room\R9ZRoom404\flatscreen.bs

Use the game's Album Controls to select a AVI movie from your Movies folders. or PNG images from your Screenshots folder.

Note: when you click this the first time in a sesssion, it takes a couple of moments to scan for media files in those folders.

Flatscreen.bs???

13 minutes ago, Daspex said:

Flatscreen.bs???

yes that is correct

this was the first room where i had to slip in an extra screen. the "screen" that was there, either shared a texture or the UV Map was wonky.

The extra screen is defined in the scene file "flatscreen.bs". I have changed the name of this file to "extrascreen.bs" in other rooms.

And the "greenscreen.bs" file that sets up the actual VideoWall RenderShader is also required (as always)

Thanks - the media files and are viewable in the Album Controls, just can't seem to get it to play on the videowall

if i look at the screenshot, i notice there are no Add Movie or Remove Movie buttons in the lower left corner of the selection window.
That suggests one or two files are the wrong version

The first bits of your  \Scripts\Luder\Room404\AcRoom.bs file should look like this:

AppModel :Room_Area . {
    .ComponentArray [ AppImportScene . {
        .NodeName "Room" + :room;
        .ParentPath "/RoomRoot";
        .SceneFile "Luder/Room/R9ZRoom404/R9ZRoom404";
    };
    AppImportScene . {
        .ParentPath "/RoomRoot";
        .SceneFile "Luder/Room/R9ZRoom404/greenscreen";
    };        
    AppImportScene . {
        .ParentPath "/RoomRoot";
        .SceneFile "Luder/Room/R9ZRoom404/flatscreen";
    };    

[edited for brevity]

and \Scripts\Luder\Common\R9ZRoom404.bs should look like this:

RoomDescription :Room404 . {
    .RoomID I32(404);
    .Description "Geminii Lingerie Store v2";
    .DescriptionText "Lingerie Store";
    .IconID I32(46404);
    .CameraClampY ( F32(-600) , F32(600) );
    .FarClipping F32(600);
    .Characteristics RoomCharacteristics . {
        .PoseSingle I32(1);
        .PoseDual I32(1);
        .PoseSpecial I32(1);
        .PosePhotoStatic I32(1);
        .PosePhotoDynamic I32(1);
        .PoseForeplay I32(1);
    };
    .VideowallConfig RoomVideowall . {
        .WallGeometry "Room:MRS_FlatScreen_mesh";
        .WallDefaultShader "Room:MRS_FlatScreen_material";
        .WallUserShader "Room:GreenScreen_Shader";
        .WallOrientation I32(1);
    };        
};

If they don't, fix 'm or re-install the room.

5 minutes ago, Marburg said:

if i look at the screenshot, i notice there are no Add Movie or Remove Movie buttons in the lower left corner of the selection window.

Are they the green folder type buttons?   - I did have them visible at one point and haven't changed anything since, although clicking them didn't seem to do anything either

I'll work through your suggested steps with thanks

Are they the green folder type buttons?

yes.

buttons.jpg.9c53b0e5c139e08d56d4a68bd623bf72.jpg

I did have them visible at one point and haven't changed anything since, although clicking them didn't seem to do anything either

that's weird... buttons dont have free will ;)

try this tiny demo movie https://mega.nz/file/PV5zyIRC#m5PtP_uBbWVoFBDFB9Emu32U6Uee5n8Uv0Hii5h2wo8

it's only a 200Kb download. copy it to your Movies folder and if it doesnt show or play, the room scripts are borked.

Sorted it the dumbass slow way by looking for potential conflicts. On re-install I have included the file Custom.03.R9ZRoom404.zip which was Bergers v.1 of the room as well as v.2 with the videowall. v.1 deleted and working ?

Next project is to get this working in v.2 of Room468 the Triangle Club, where I can't see any obvious similar conflicts and all the files are correct, but nothing plays on the screen!

Will work my way through the above steps again but there is doesn't appear any flatscreen.s file in the version of VX.R9ZRoom468v2.TriangleClub.zip distributed by Marburg. Could that be where the problem is? If so I can edit one but how do I work out the vector position and size of the screen?

5.jpg

Edited by bogbrush
1 minute ago, bogbrush said:

On re-install I have included the file Custom.03.R9ZRoom404.zip which was Bergers v.1 of the room as well as v.2 with the videowall. v.1 deleted and working ?

LOL... i didnt mention that possibility because i thought you were smarter than that ;)

Rule of thumb with addons: the addon that is found first, gets loaded and "blocks" the loading of the same files in other addons it may find.
The list of addons is sorted alpha-numerically so Custom.03.R9ZRoom404.zip gets loaded and Custom.03.R9ZRoom404v2.zip doesn't.

Next question if I may, very grateful for the help so far. Is it possible to move the location of the video wall/screen?

eg in Triangle Club v2 I have a png animation on the main screen but would like to replace the png animation on the small tv screen with a video file instead?

1.jpg

2.jpg

yes, it's certainly possible.

in short: the greenscreen overlay is "linked" to a mesh (the 3d object) and its texture in the room description file.
look at \Scripts\Luder\Common\R9ZRoom468.bs to see how this is done

.VideowallConfig RoomVideowall . {
        .WallGeometry "Room:mirror_main_Plane_002_mesh";
        .WallDefaultShader "Room:screens_stage_material";
        .WallUserShader "Room:GreenScreen_Shader";
        .WallOrientation I32(1);
    };

the green bit is the Object.Name of the mesh data structure

the blue bit is the Object.Name of the RenderShader that is used by this mesh.

Now it's up to you to find the Obejct.Name of the TV Screen mesh and its RenderShader.

Maybe its "clamcreen_002_Untitled_000_mesh" and "cj_tv_screen_material" ???

at this stage, it's trail and error until you find the right combo.

Edit the values in the VideowallConfig, save the file (always make a backup first!) and launch the game to see it works.

UPDATE: yes it ""works" with those names BUT the image is distorted becuase the TV Screen mesh uses an incompatible UV map.

that leaves two possible solutions: change the screen UV Map or slide in an extra screen as in the Lingerie Shop.

Look at the scripts for the Lingerie Shop to see how to do the latter

you can copy the flatscreen.bs file and load it in the Triangle Club AcRoom.bs file and with lots of trial and error, change the location, rotation and scaling to fit the new situation. Not for the faint of heart but it's not rocket science either.

Edited by Marburg
1 hour ago, bogbrush said:

Thanks pretty sure the object is "cj_tv_screen_material"

see my updated post above... it is the right one - i only make educated guesses ;) - but it screws up the movie because it has a peculiar UV map.

A quick attempt to tweak the UV map didnt work out.

im rather busy at the moment in our secret test lab but i will try to find some time inbetween to add the (hidden) extra screen.

Edited by Marburg

Done! VideoWall support moved to the TV Screen instead of the backstage wall.

Includes the latest greenscreen.bs with Lights fix

Download the archive linked below and MERGE it with the Version2 Triangle Club folder (first unzip if it is zipped)

DO NOT REPLACE TH|E ORIGINAL FOLDER, this downlaod only contains the changed or added files!!!

Answer "Yes" if you are asked if it is OK to overwrite files.

Download https://mega.nz/file/WJYQxDDa#pL4Ut-mKpvarhQ5Fpe32RBBszQ_pSlQoLJF6xJE0mG0

26 minutes ago, bogbrush said:

Magnificient - you have gone way beyond the call of duty Captain Marburg!!!

yeah, kind of... ;)
But it keeps me occupied and it's a piece of cake for me and a struggle for anyone else. So why not?