How to replace butler with one of my created sims ?

Guest Sk8rld

I wanted to know if there's a way to replace the butler with one of my custom sims. I tried using CAS to replace the butler, but all it did was add my sims to the household.

What I do is make the butler and place them in the world. Play them. When your loaded in and they are selected, open the console command and type "careers.add_career butler" or "isButler". I've done this with other service sims so hopefully it works for you.

Guest Sk8rld
15 minutes ago, wallawalla said:

What I do is make the butler and place them in the world. Play them. When your loaded in and they are selected, open the console command and type "careers.add_career butler" or "isButler". I've done this with other service sims so hopefully it works for you.

I am not so familiar with Sims 4. Could you please guide me step by step, it would be very helpful.

Edited by Sk8rld

A more elegant solution is using MCCC to paste over the target sim with your library sim. Click on sim > MC Command Center > MC CAS > Copy/Paste > Paste Tray Sim.

You can choose from lists of your own sims, sims by others that you saved, or all. Choose the household and then the sim you want to use. You then have options to paste certain things or use what the original sim had. Choose your options, then click Paste Now.

I use this a lot. If Tina Peeping shows up, I replace her with Porkybork's version. Sometimes I'll leave her personality as is, other times I'll use the personality Porkybork gave her.

Edited by DarkAudit
  • 1 year later...

If you are playing on PC, then all you need to do is play as the desired sim and open the command bar via ctrl+Shift+c and type in "careers.add_career Butler" You then remove the desired sim out of your household and hire them as a butler.
(disable stories on the new household)