SexLab / PapyrusUtil: overwriting?

1 hour ago, Gudulba said:

Is PapyrusUtil SE 3.9 needed at all?

Yes. And not just for sexlab. Many mods use papyrusutil.

1 hour ago, Gudulba said:

yes, which mod should overwrite/load after which one

The Standalone version of papyrusutil should overwrite every other mod. Always. Forever. 

Edited by Monoman1
  • 2 months later...
On 6/14/2021 at 11:05 AM, Monoman1 said:

Yes. And not just for sexlab. Many mods use papyrusutil.

The Standalone version of papyrusutil should overwrite every other mod. Always. Forever. 

Simply Knock SE has explicit instructions to overwrite Papyrusutil. Do you think that could be an exception?

23 minutes ago, Miller826 said:

Simply Knock SE has explicit instructions to overwrite Papyrusutil. Do you think that could be an exception?

I don't know the reasons the SK author would say as such. You'd have to ask him. It is counterintuitive. Unless there is some kind of patch included with SK to modify PapyrusUtil in some manner to support SK then it's just plain wrong. 

ExiledViper is the maintainer of PapyrusUtil SE not Chesko. Loading SKs version after PapyrusUtil effectively means you're running an outdated version of papyrusUtil. Simple as that. Whether that's something you want is up to you. For me as a mod author I'd slap anyone not using up to date PapUtil that asks for help with one of my mods....

SKs

Date uploaded

07 Apr 2018, 12:00PM

PapyrusUtil:
Date uploaded
04 Feb 2020, 10:03AM

9 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

I don't know the reasons the SK author would say as such. You'd have to ask him. It is counterintuitive. Unless there is some kind of patch included with SK to modify PapyrusUtil in some manner to support SK then it's just plain wrong. 

ExiledViper is the maintainer of PapyrusUtil SE not Chesko. Loading SKs version after PapyrusUtil effectively means you're running an outdated version of papyrusUtil. Simple as that. Whether that's something you want is up to you. For me as a mod author I'd slap anyone not using up to date PapUtil that asks for help with one of my mods....

SKs

Date uploaded

07 Apr 2018, 12:00PM

PapyrusUtil:
Date uploaded
04 Feb 2020, 10:03AM

Thanks. Don't slap me! Papyrusutil is near the very bottom of my load order, lol.

On 8/16/2021 at 10:03 AM, Gudulba said:

According to OsmelIMC: 

PapyrusUtil included on this version of SexLab is a new version and isn't released yet. So the latest version is the one that comes with the SexLab BETA 9 and not the other.

I also noticed this. Beta8's included PapyrusUtil.dll has the same hash as PapyrusUtil SE 3.9. The one included in Beta9 has a different hash, a larger filesize, and a later modified date.

3 hours ago, vinnievonka said:

Except in this instance

Still true for LE afaik. Not an expert on SE. My point is to use the latest version always. Hopefully, this comes back to the basic duty of a mod user to read the installation instructions. We know how well some people do that. Unfortunately mod authors often don't make it easy to know what version they've bundled in their mod. And they should, rightly IMO, be pulled on it. 

There are many mods where PapUtil should just have been made a requirement rather than being bundled in.