[Where is / Request] A way to tend to animal followers / pack (food/water/sleep)

So the adult mod of principle interest is Untamed.

--------------------------
Toying with the mod Ineed for example, works great with human followers, you can give them food, etc...

What I am wondering is, is there a mod that would work with Untamed :
a) would allow me to either bring a carcass back, or bring food /water back to my beastess lair
and
b) give / command  pack member to eat/consume/drink said food
and
c) impose some sort of needs, with buffs/debuffs, good/bad outcomes on my pack- should i keep them fed or starve them?
       mostly wanting debuff, but for example:   If you dont feed / water your pack after 1 day, maybe the run slower/less attack damage... by day 3 some may die, by day 4 some may leave the pack and attack you..

____-

Sure, I can put arousal mods, and take care of adult needs of pack, but not quite sure how to add on to the actual den mother/ provider  for the pack...

Ineed: works great for followers
Hunterborn: doesnt really have any needs to begin with... the only thing that adds? is it lets me carry a carcass  - so not really worth it?

Edited by Sillius_Maximus
58 minutes ago, Sillius_Maximus said:

give / command  pack member to eat/consume/drink said food

Not with Untamed.  UT's AI overrides everything else.  Sorry to say it is the only real failing of that mod, and the main reason I don't use it.  Once in the UT framework, creatures never wander, never sleep (not that they can anyway, but they can't even pretend to), never engage in any behavior other than "pack member".

It was a solution to the game's often derpy AI, but it was not an "elegant" solution.

Regarding needs, it would be easy to expand iNeed's horse feeding mechanic, which is an activate perk.  Would just need to assign a formlist of things that a specific type or category of creature would eat, and populate that list.

Another option (that I use) is to use Hunterborn and reduce to the meat yield to single cut or conservative on the assumption that the pack ate the rest.  If you make it a point not to pick up other food or to set the food need for yourself high enough you can assume when you get hungry, so do they.

3 minutes ago, Seijin8 said:

Not with Untamed.  UT's AI overrides everything else.  Sorry to say it is the only real failing of that mod, and the main reason I don't use it.  Once in the UT framework, creatures never wander, never sleep (not that they can anyway, but they can't even pretend to), never engage in any behavior other than "pack member".

It was a solution to the game's often derpy AI, but it was not an "elegant" solution.

Regarding needs, it would be easy to expand iNeed's horse feeding mechanic, which is an activate perk.  Would just need to assign a formlist of things that a specific type or category of creature would eat, and populate that list.

Another option (that I use) is to use Hunterborn and reduce to the meat yield to single cut or conservative on the assumption that the pack ate the rest.  If you make it a point not to pick up other food or to set the food need for yourself high enough you can assume when you get hungry, so do they.

I may just play with yeilds then....  

in trying beastess as well  I find untamed just works better it seems... especially in what im looking for - packs get stronger with you, actually follow, etc etc..

- im going wildling (tyrz`s mod) + untamed + beastess lairs + wintersun -- so  building a pack is an integral part of the goal here..

- regarding needs and formlists -   that might be doable...  I dont know that  ill ever truly know if the pack "needs" food the way i need it for ineed (Debuffs) but this is probably about as good as its gonna get, formlists/ playing with yeilds..

===
I have found mods like feed animals /tame animals...  perhaps on account of UT - arent really working so far..   given that replacing UT is a hardsell,  going without packneeds is a much easier sell..

1 minute ago, Sillius_Maximus said:

perhaps on account of UT - arent really working so far

Yeah, sadly DC's way of generating pack AI is to force it through script every few cycles, so nothing else that relies on package-driven behavior (like... basically everything) can work alongside it.

The tame animals part of feed/tame *should* function as a way to get them into the pack, but once in, that's it.

14 hours ago, Seijin8 said:

Yeah, sadly DC's way of generating pack AI is to force it through script every few cycles, so nothing else that relies on package-driven behavior (like... basically everything) can work alongside it.

The tame animals part of feed/tame *should* function as a way to get them into the pack, but once in, that's it.

Okay- so the TLDR summary of how this worked for me - others can make adaptions as needed

1) in xedit(or tesedit) Open up
cooking alchemy overhaul (caco) and ineed .esps.
2) add  caco to ineed as an master .esm
3) in ineed
   a) find way to formlists for horsefood...
   b) modify that formlist, with the item names that caco uses.  (you can not add a caco formlist to a ineed formlist and have it work.. have to manually add each..
   c)  look for activators
            scroll down through activators- its long..  and do the following: 
                i)  horserace faction  condition to wolfrace faction.
                ii) playerhorsefaction condition to predator faction
                iii) remove angle of approach conditions  +20 / - 20 degrees.
4) save, 
5) play game

when using the combo im using (untamed et al)  when you first activate a pack member, untamed wheel will show up first. and underneath an ineed menu  you are free to select an option fromt he wheel.  once you select the untamed option, the wheel will dissapear leaving you the ineed menu...  make your selection there or back out of it.....  If you select the feed option, and you have the right ingredient in your bag - you will get a "___ has been consumed" notification AND whatever you selected fromt he untamed menu will take place.. (example, if you selected fondle, an animation will play)

Thanks for recommending the formlist- right on the money!

./still wondering if there is a naturally compatible mod though :P

**  I cant be sure, but this fix may not always "fire"   so sometimes you can have ____ in your inventory, and attempt to feed it to your animal follower, but it wont always work...  also- in case of untamed, you can tab out of the untamed wheel- but you have to make a selection ont he ineed.   untamed will still function if you select something from the wheel....    Actiave animal ---> UT wheel ----> Ineed box---->ineed box resolves ------>UT wheel selection resolves

Edited by Sillius_Maximus