I've been looking into the issue of the character just standing on top instead of going into a riding animation a little bit, and here's where I'm at so far:

Timeline for my own bug testing:

1) Pre-release, I had a SSE set up with very little/few mods.  On this,  I pulled in RS2SE and checked/verified that it was working.  Everything went fine, all of the features seeming to work (that work on regular RS2, at least) so I shipped it.

2) Post-release, I downloaded some additional mods to try out SSE and set up a save file to try out and see if there was much difference between the two.  Around this point or a little bit later, people started posting mentioning it was wasn't working.

3) After installing more mods, I checked again and found that I was now experiencing the "standing on top" bug, even though I wasn't before.  I tried to set aside some time to investigate but have been very busy for a while now and no time/energy.

4) Today/Yesterday: I've been going through and disabling batches of mods, and I eventually got to a point where the character was back to properly mounting under the horse, but I started experiencing a CTD.

5) CTD got resolved when I realized I had a load order error where I was overwriting the MNC skeleton. With that resolved, I found that everything was back to working just fine.

I'm currently going through the slow process of "add mods until it breaks again" to see if I can determine where the issue lies/starts.

My current posit is that it's something to do with a FNIS/SSE animation limit and having a lot of SLAL packs, but unconfirmed.

I'll post an update when I narrow it down, but from my own testing it definitely looks to be some kind of mod conflict, not an issue with just the RS2 mod.

Follow up on Trouble Shooting/Bug Fixing:

I went through and enabled mods, going down the line and try out saves.  The save that was originally having the standing on horse issue couldn't be used for it (removing certain mods corrupted the save), so I used a relatively clean save.  I found I was able to enable all of the mods and still be able to ride fine.  However, the other save (with all of its mods enabled) was still having the same issue.

On the save that was having an issue, I uninstalled RS2 then reinstalled it and it worked as intended.  This has left me with absolutely no clue why it stopped working in the first place, and the only "idea" I have being there is some sort of issue where during play the reference to the AA (alternate animation) set is getting overwritten by some other AA set.

Additionally, pulling up the save where the issue was happening and running in the console "Stop _RS2Quest" then "Start _RS2Quest" fixed the issue and the rider rode normally. 

At this point, I've sadly got no real lead on how to fix any related issue.  Additionally, I checked the download against my local copy and the files seem to match up.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/15/2021 at 4:00 AM, fingerscrossed said:

Follow up on Trouble Shooting/Bug Fixing:

I went through and enabled mods, going down the line and try out saves.  The save that was originally having the standing on horse issue couldn't be used for it (removing certain mods corrupted the save), so I used a relatively clean save.  I found I was able to enable all of the mods and still be able to ride fine.  However, the other save (with all of its mods enabled) was still having the same issue.

On the save that was having an issue, I uninstalled RS2 then reinstalled it and it worked as intended.  This has left me with absolutely no clue why it stopped working in the first place, and the only "idea" I have being there is some sort of issue where during play the reference to the AA (alternate animation) set is getting overwritten by some other AA set.

Additionally, pulling up the save where the issue was happening and running in the console "Stop _RS2Quest" then "Start _RS2Quest" fixed the issue and the rider rode normally. 

At this point, I've sadly got no real lead on how to fix any related issue.  Additionally, I checked the download against my local copy and the files seem to match up.

Please, you are the only hope of mine :(
i want to using your mod, but ... stand on top bug :(

On 9/23/2021 at 12:05 PM, harems said:

Please, you are the only hope of mine :(
i want to using your mod, but ... stand on top bug :(

I can try and take a look, but answer/do the following to help me out:

1) Did the mod ever work, or were you standing on top from load up?

2) Post mods and load order.

3) Post FNIS version and full run information.

I'll take a look and see if anything sticks out.

11 hours ago, fingerscrossed said:

I can try and take a look, but answer/do the following to help me out:

1) Did the mod ever work, or were you standing on top from load up?

2) Post mods and load order.

3) Post FNIS version and full run information.

I'll take a look and see if anything sticks out.

1/ the mod never work :( i get the bug rightafter install

2/ my mods is heavy

3/ my FNIS is XXL version, running it with your mod dont give any warning

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I installed your mod today and i have 2 problems (that i am aware of i haven't tested every ride yet).

1st : When using face up arms up animation on the horse, the horse has no gears, but with the 2 other animation it does. (Maybe this is intentional but i prefer the face up arms up animation and it just looks strange without the pc not being attached to anything).

2nd : When i summon a riding wolf the game crashes.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/11/2021 at 4:48 PM, FredOof said:

The mounting animations work perfect for ALL creatures for me. However there is just one thing that only the schlong of horse gets into the right state, that of the rest of the creatures remain flaccid.

has this issue been solved ?

i also only have the horse working as far erections go ive tried alternative methods like finding a giant in the wild and converting it to be a mount   i can use mods to make  its exposer maxed /stripped erect but when i mount in any fasion or option  be it spell or e   or np- to open menu  the giant puts its clothes back on loses erection and remains flacid

I must have something wrong in the mod requirements, because the game won't boot with this mod enabled. I'm playing the VR version, and the only thing I'm confused about is NiOverride, which I don't think is a thing for the VR version? Any advice on how to fix CTD on boot here?

Edit : My apologies, the mod works fine. Though it's a bit silly with VRIK

The CTD was from the mod to allow followers to ride mounts, so that will take some finessing

Edited by AnonymousUser17
update to situation
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/23/2021 at 5:31 PM, AnonymousUser17 said:

I must have something wrong in the mod requirements, because the game won't boot with this mod enabled. I'm playing the VR version, and the only thing I'm confused about is NiOverride, which I don't think is a thing for the VR version? Any advice on how to fix CTD on boot here?

Edit : My apologies, the mod works fine. Though it's a bit silly with VRIK

The CTD was from the mod to allow followers to ride mounts, so that will take some finessing

Could you clarify " it's a bit silly with VRIK" ? How so?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi,
I used this mod a long time ago and really liked it. I didn't use horses much though so lately I have skipped it. Now I got mods that restrict fast travel and mounts are again important.

However, when i try this, I too get the "running on back" problem. When I try to summon a mount the game crashes.

In this game I go with OSex instead of sexlab so I dont have a lot of extra animations. I added the following to the end of my load order to try it on:
FNIS creature Pack
Creature Framework
SexlabFramework
SexlabAroused Redux
RidingStyles

However, when I start a new game with the same config it works just fine. It seems this mod is hard to get to work on an existing game.

On 11/17/2021 at 3:26 AM, FredOof said:

Yea same mounting animation works well for me, only problem is that only the horse schlong gets into the right state. If you could fix that I'd say the mod works also perfectly :)

You could try with the "allways errect" mod, this will give grand boners to all creatures allways though: 

• 2 months later...

So for me the mod work indead tough i was fiddling with the position of my character and quickly realise or mostly i didnt know that there is no backward. So if you go +1 in Y,X or Z there is no -1 or even a reset for that matter. So now my character is floating mid-air a bit in front of my horse. Its hilarious but not wanted xD

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Haven't been in the thread/answered much in a while.  Responding to a few posts below:

Spoiler

On 10/7/2021 at 4:39 AM, Nobunaji said:

Hi. I installed your mod today and i have 2 problems (that i am aware of i haven't tested every ride yet).

1st : When using face up arms up animation on the horse, the horse has no gears, but with the 2 other animation it does. (Maybe this is intentional but i prefer the face up arms up animation and it just looks strange without the pc not being attached to anything).

2nd : When i summon a riding wolf the game crashes.

The face up/arms up equipment may not have been properly converted.  There might be an issue with the summoning spells that is causing the crash, though I thought I had checked them.

On 10/22/2021 at 2:22 PM, cs90 said:

has this issue been solved ?

i also only have the horse working as far erections go ive tried alternative methods like finding a giant in the wild and converting it to be a mount   i can use mods to make  its exposer maxed /stripped erect but when i mount in any fasion or option  be it spell or e   or np- to open menu  the giant puts its clothes back on loses erection and remains flacid

It might be an issue of the versions being used if something changed.

On 11/16/2021 at 8:26 PM, FredOof said:

Yea same mounting animation works well for me, only problem is that only the horse schlong gets into the right state. If you could fix that I'd say the mod works also perfectly :)

Same as above, might be some versioning issue that I'd have look into.

On 12/20/2021 at 1:41 PM, zax said:

It needs an upside down position badly, the current one feels impossible.

Not sure which position you are referring to with this.

On 1/12/2022 at 3:42 AM, Leodriz said:

Hi,
I used this mod a long time ago and really liked it. I didn't use horses much though so lately I have skipped it. Now I got mods that restrict fast travel and mounts are again important.

However, when i try this, I too get the "running on back" problem. When I try to summon a mount the game crashes.

In this game I go with OSex instead of sexlab so I dont have a lot of extra animations. I added the following to the end of my load order to try it on:
FNIS creature Pack
Creature Framework
SexlabFramework
SexlabAroused Redux
RidingStyles

However, when I start a new game with the same config it works just fine. It seems this mod is hard to get to work on an existing game.

I wouldn't expect it to have a new game/loaded game issue, but it could be that something is getting misaligned with their addresses with animations being loaded/removed from a game.

On 3/18/2022 at 9:11 PM, alexsl said:

So for me the mod work indead tough i was fiddling with the position of my character and quickly realise or mostly i didnt know that there is no backward. So if you go +1 in Y,X or Z there is no -1 or even a reset for that matter. So now my character is floating mid-air a bit in front of my horse. Its hilarious but not wanted xD

It should be that if you hold a key (Shift, if I remember correctly) it will increment in the negative direction isn't of the positive direction.  That key should be setable in the mcm.

On 3/27/2022 at 3:46 AM, samanjimbo said:

Does it work with convenient horses? Cuz I saw someone said there is a conflict somewhere

I haven't played with convenient horses, so I'm not sure if there is a conflict.

As a general note:

Due to some mod compatibility issues, I have not updated my SE to the newer patch (that requires a different SKSE, etc.) and have therefore not created a version of the mod for that patch.  So, if you are playing on the newest patch, you may experience some extra issues/difficulty if you have all updated scripts elsewhere and it causes something to break.

• 3 weeks later...

Really nice mod,Thank you for your hard work

I red whole topic of le version,my issues like the others,Dissapeared cocks,the ropes can't be taken off and sometimes become normal riding style.,etc.But horserace did well,no issue occured except align.

Then I inactivated most of mods,except the requirements of riding styles,3ba,cbpc and some mods of meshes.Start a new game but the problem still exits.

Maybe the reason for the problem is Incompatible bodytype?

Sorry for my bad English,I hope I can provide some help.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This mod is great!  Three mods interfere with the default MCM settings (Sexlab uses numberpad 3 (you need to remap it either in Sexlab or in this mod), Convenient Horses interferes with the other type of mounts (only allows Horses) and Aroused Creatures has a MCM section dealing with creature commands - ensure that command creature dialogue, silent creature dialogue and horse dialogue are all unchecked - the main creature dialogue for follower creatures doesn't appear to interfere) - 

ScreenShot7.png.e7bb221993abc2a186ef975ce38d53d3.png

Edited by Wolf470
missed something

Riding animations won't load and my character stands on top of the horse. I tried using "Stop _RS2Quest" then "Start _RS2Quest"  but they won't work, i tried every combination!image.png.7ab6a40c6eeae7f1d66b74590515d745.png

Edit1: I've been using the wrong commands, the correct ones were ""Stopquest _RS2Quest" and "Startquest _RS2Quest".

That still didn't solve anything, my char stands still on top of the mounts

Edit2: I didn't have the updated version of ZAZ animation pack! Everyting works fine now that i updated that mod. My only complaints are that the icy outfit does not Morph with my Bhunp body and that the werewolf's tongue does not move sync up with the mouth's locationimage.png.9c278c6ba6d47523862a417e44a8e413.png

Edited by casto
  • 2 weeks later...