KW - Can't do some interactions: Play Computer Games or Interact with Dogs? (Specifically Build 399 and 409)

Title.

Even when only using KW and no other mod in a completely new game, I cannot play games on the computer or interact with adult dogs. It pops up in the queue and then just instantly disappears.

KW Build 409 and 399 were tested.

I tried resetting the entire Sims 3 Folder by nuking it from My Documents and starting fresh, but no dice.

Now I have gotten them working.

It works when:

I use KW Build 375. (found here, thanks!)

or if I just uninstall KW.

But If I do that I miss out on features, I guess.

Is there some kind of debug program I can use to tell why an interaction fails to start?

Edited by sinivii
  • sinivii changed the title to KW - Can't do some interactions: Play Computer Games or Interact with Dogs? (Specifically Build 399 and 409)
2 hours ago, sinivii said:

I cannot play games on the computer or interact with adult dogs

Unfortunately, issues that will probably never be fixed, as 409 is said to be the final version of KW. It would be nice if a techie type decided to look inside and actually fix all of the broken stuff in KW, but from what people who have looked inside have said, it's a mess and doubtful anyone will bother.

11 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

Unfortunately, issues that will probably never be fixed, as 409 is said to be the final version of KW. It would be nice if a techie type decided to look inside and actually fix all of the broken stuff in KW, but from what people who have looked inside have said, it's a mess and doubtful anyone will bother.

Ah I see, understandable. At least 375 seems to work well enough.

1 hour ago, sinivii said:

375 seems to work well enough

Build 375 had been the most stable and bug free public release, and has an odd history. As the KW page basically advertises that build, it isn't there. It WAS there for a while, but was replaced with possibly the worst bugged up version, build 399 and the older build with fewer features. Then, Oniki never released another public build here... or anywhere that anyone here knows, and became Patreon pay exclusive. 

Jack Sparrow (pirate sites) have posted more recent builds, but LL rules don't allow such... BUT, as build 375 had once been public, always public, and as @landessarchives everything (OCD? ?) he had a fresh copy that he had been sharing and I posted it on that page which does not violate LL rules.

Generally, 409 works OK for me, with my play style. I don't care about playing computer games, as they only increase fun levels, but chess increases fun and logic skill, so I use that. I avoid allowing a sim to get too depressed to play chess, but they can always play TV video games just for fun. I don't use the high school, futas, pets and a few other things, so fairly sedate except for the brothels and strip clubs.

My issues remain the same, even with 375... The interactions menu really doesn't do much. Some things work, some reset. Hate my sims constantly taking off their panties! I put them on for a reason. I started making my own CC with panties and uploading without for others to use with KW! ))) Worst is that you can save settings, but when you start a new game, you can't import the saved settings. So what good are they? Been that way since I can remember, and was never fixed.

Yeah the mod is fairly ambitious so I expect a buggy mess. I gathered Oniki vanished from various posts about it, I guess we can add this thread to that pile.

While I was trying to google my problem I've come across posts by both you and landess. atm you seem to be keeping the KW scene floating.

I suppose I could work around the 409 problems like you are if I wanted to try the new stuff. I'll tackle that hurdle when I get there.

I guess what annoys me the most so far is the constant selfie creations, along with constant underwear removal. That said, it's comedy gold depending on the situation.

1 hour ago, sinivii said:

constant selfie creations, along with constant underwear removal

The underwear thing - removing or getting and wearing - is above my pay grade as either seems to happen no matter what I try, short of removing all dressers from a lot. Then again I never use a dresser anymore. I have NRaas Dresser to do things as well as Master Controller for copying outfits, etc.

Selfie Creations - one CAN make a settings change and they stop doing it autonomously. . . .  Somehow they still occasionally receive them, but I don't see Sims stopping and taking them all the time since I made the change in the KW settings.

I have no clue why there is/was an Adult Dog interaction problem. I have all EP's including Pets, and when I do decide to have a Dog in the family, everything works as it should. I rarely have the 'Zoology' feature turned on for KW, but when on, it also works as it should, so I have nothing to add since it does work for me. You mentioned new game, new this and that, so I would only sound like a broken record saying the same thing I tell everyone.

3 hours ago, sinivii said:

what annoys me the most so far is the constant selfie creations, along with constant underwear removal

Yes, among my top annoyances. Like @landess, I had removed dressers, but that stops only part of the panties issue. Then, @namaradussuggested transmogrifier at MTS, which changes the object script, so I have the dressers as decorations, but they might be a desk script. Still, with KW, put panties on a sim and they still take them off and pile up in inventory. Just can't get new ones, or a bra that doesn't go with the strapless outfit.

Selfies, I think there's a mod to stop it on MTS. Again, I think I had it for a while, but it conflicted with something I liked better. I haven't had time to look at the xml myself.

this started happening to me too, but it's the second tier romance options. when I was using the version on the main download page, my first file was fine, it took one session without the options, but then on the second one they returned (this is cause of woohooer, always happens to me). Even the kinky kiss worked and gave the romantic interest state- fantastic. But then, on the next few files, these options- kiss, hug, make out, disappeared from the second tier of romantic interactions and regular jokes and funny stories from the funny interactions. 

then I installed the stable version of kw, but it changed nothing, except now the other sims dont interact with eachother using kw interactions.

still not sure if it's some option I clicked since these options disappeared from one file to the next

22 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

When you write things like "installed stable version", means nothing to anyone.  Build numbers please.

Aye, sorry, not used to checking these numbers, it was 399 that I used before, currently 375 I think. I'll try that one, thanks!

edit: I can see from the get go that some of the options are already back! The funny section has jokes again.  Thanks again!

Edited by hohohogo
3 hours ago, hohohogo said:

currently 375

As I linked, my help page has a good working link to Oniki's public release of build 409 if you wish to try that. I and several others around here are using 409. It has it's bugs, but more features and the bugs aren't too many or too bad... so far... for what I use. @landessuses more features than I, and doesn't seem to have many issues.

I'm compiling a few common complaints, none seem to be complete deal breakers: Random panties on or off! OY!!! Still annoying. Turn off interactions menu, doesn't matter. Plumbots in active households with sexbot chips can't use the "start whoring" option... they reset. Can't use the computer to play video games... sims reset. 

I'm sure there are more, but still, none are THAT terrible.

3 hours ago, hohohogo said:

409 fixed a lot of the problems. all romance options are back. the funny interactions are a bit limited (no joke, funny story,  but inside joke is still there ), but I can deal with it. 

I wanted to say I do have funny story on some sims, so I'm beginning to wonder if there is some 'cap' on the menu options and when that is reached through various mods, then the game has to pick and choose - make it's best guess on what the player sees for a particular sim.

10 hours ago, hohohogo said:

409 fixed a lot of the problems

Or... 399 created a lot of problems! Anyway, as more people are using 409, I hope it will be fewer issues and that the ones we all have can be either solved, or written off as "that's how it is".

I'm not sure about joke options, but suspect it may be as @landess suggests, and there is a pie limit. Do you have a lot of other options? Or only a few, and those are just missing?

Off topic limits... Can't remember where or when (had to do with the Wonder Woman outfit I've been working on), but do remember landess was involved in the conversation about accessories and limits. During my recent upgrades to my demon girls, I ran into a crash to desk top (CTD) episode when adding the accessory sickle to Death's left hand for her fight with her sister (thanks landess for that sword fighting mod link). I found another old thread on MTS that suggests the limit may be 9 total accessories, even with Nraas, as that is all the game can handle. Prior to finding the thread, I also checked the size of the sickle. Ummm... naughty Severinka used some 1024 x 1024 and some uncompressed images for accessories! So, I kind of remade her packages and cut 4,000 kb from the merged weapons package.

Death's accessories:

horns
tail
tattoo
gauntlets
nails
nail hooks (rings)
chainmail
wings
scythe
sickle

I can say the 9 limit can be broken, but not sure how far. When I added the tail, is what put me at 10. But, 10 is possible...

9.jpg.3db4b618c6cb7c164aed75a919954b3e.jpg

Can't see the tail in this pic, but it's there.

27 minutes ago, landess said:

a freebie

My understanding is no... NOTHING is free! ))) You still have image textures using space on the map. I do remember it was you in that WW discussion. Remember the red image map that has every part squeezed into one image? Hair, body parts, shoes, all accessories????? The tattoo, gauntlets, chainmail (made from JoshQ fishnet body stocking) are all just overlays. I reduced the image texture size of the scythe to 512 x 512, and compressed the sickle to DXT5. You'd be surprised how much of a package is taken up by texture images compared the the meshes. I imagine when you add multiples of that on one sim, the game can't handle it. How much it can handle, I will test later... or at least, how much my machine and game set up can handle.

2 minutes ago, LadySmoks said:

image textures using space on the map

Since I use S3HQ and boost all in game texture quality higher, one would think that would cause crashes more frequently. I say Meshes because given your list of accessories, THAT is the main difference. The game itself being 32bit and my experience with limits in other games I mod heavily like Skyrim and Fallout4 tells me this cap is likely something pertaining to the game engine. Sometimes it's not the quality, but just simple numbers (hard cap)?

We are definitely getting into the nuts and bolts in this discussion and being no programmer, I tend to look at it from a simple view based on 'like' experiences with multiple games. Programs are very similar in design, regardless of the immense variety they portray.

1 hour ago, landess said:

I use S3HQ and boost all in game texture quality higher

Not sure how that works. Never got into checking it out. I know HD and HQ have to do with image size used. Skins are a big one. Standard is 1024 x 1024. Many use 2048 x 2048, and a few use 4096 x 4096. Some of these are even uncompressed! It can increase a skins package x 10. This is one of the things I reduced in the accessories... image load. (size and compression). Perhaps that mod increases your machines ability to handle more?

Most EA accessories are 512 x 512 DXT5 or maybe DXT1 (very light load). With your set up, how many accessories can you pile on???

As with all things, I believe there IS a hard limit, but with variables. 1024 x 1024 uncompressed fewer than 512 x 512 DXT5 or DXT1. But, eventually the bag will be full!

4 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

Perhaps that mod increases your machines ability to handle more?

CAS/Dressing room has the highest resolution available for the game engine to render normally.  When a Sim goes 'live' into a world, that resolution drops because there are many other things to render. The HQ mod simply allows the game to render textures at either a 2048 or 4096 resolution while actually playing. This means if you have CC with a higher resolution as you mention, then the game has a better rendering quality while we play. Because the mod can't make a texture image any different, that means older or 'simpler' textures remain looking somewhat blocky when compared to higher resolution textures. The mod was originally created to make pretty screen shots and not for playing as older video cards can't handle that amount of 'stress' without overheating. New high level cards have no problem keeping up. But then again - the Sims games are created to run on the weakest machines so EA can sell more copies.

If anything - that mod 'decreases' a machines ability to handle more.

4 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

how many accessories can you pile on???

9 has been my standard. Back when I tried to add more than my usual 5 or 6 accessories to an outfit, it crashed to desktop. I was thinking WTF happened? So after a few tries I came to the conclusion that the game could only handle so many and I began keeping a close count and at 9 it always seemed to crash, so I was careful from then on. Usually all the accessories I chose had a mesh - Nails, eyelashes, rings, bracelets, anklets, etc. when the CTD's occured. When you mentioned you could get 10 and one was a Tattoo - that just got me thinking.

2 hours ago, landess said:

When you mentioned you could get 10 and one was a Tattoo - that just got me thinking.

Perhaps, but again, it's still an overlay, just as stockings, gloves and a few other overlay type accessories... although, it IS possible overlays create less stress than a mesh. Those tattoos are listed under gloves, same as the gauntlets. I set different overlay priorities. I generally don't have any sims with THAT many accessories (fingernails, earrings, rings, maybe stockings and suspenders and panties), and Death didn't have 10 either until I made the accessory tail, then decided to have her fight War using the sword fighting mod. And it was ONLY because I choose to give her both the scythe AND the sickle that I even had the CTD. It happened when I added the sickle, which she had had before. For giggles, I will see how many accessories I can pile on when I have a chance.

Oh, if you didn't see, Lucas dropped off a few animations ghost-17a 

Edited by LadySmoks