Any Good Race Mods Out There?

Shade115

I'm looking for any races that where well worked on but the Nexus holds no fruit, I'm really getting bored of the Human Races I have so I'm looking for anything not Human such as Elves, Beasts, Animated Life-forms (Robots like Dwemer Machines) and etc. Race mods that I already use:

Ningheim

Naiad

Dryad

Vaalsark

Lovergirls - no longer used

Assortment of Trykz's Races

Drow

Chocolate Elves

Drakian

Wood

Half-Dryad

Marsh-walker & Ohmes-Raht

Maormer

Matera

Sandmer

Succubus

Kitsune - no longer used

and Siren

Some of these I am however planning on Uninstalling soon

Why hate most races? Just another pretty face with lame powers? Compatibility issues? 

Can create same character with different mods? Just curious dat all. :rolleyes:

The 3rd part is what hits it on the head of the nail, It's the fact that a lot of characters can be made with already existing races making some of the humanoid races feel... well Obsolete

Oh also a reason why I like race mods is that I have a habit to just not use a character if I don't find he/she unique to the world of a game like TES

Edit: also just because I'm bored of a race doesn't mean it's a bad race it's just that I don't find them very unique in-fact when they have a unique power it makes them far more worth it

Why hate most races? Just another pretty face with lame powers? Compatibility issues? 

Can create same character with different mods? Just curious dat all. :rolleyes:

The 3rd part is what hits it on the head of the nail, It's the fact that a lot of characters can be made with already existing races making some of the humanoid races feel... well Obsolete

I know had be one or other. Sadly I feel same way, I can mimick races with different mods. Only races use over year

was Milky Girl and Ashen. Most my characters been Redguard or Nord.

I know had be one or other. Sadly I feel same way, I can mimick races with different mods. Only races use over year

Yeah that's why I look for some unique race like Vaalsark and Siren, It would be very difficult to mimic them with mods such as ECE (enhanced character edit) or Race Menu, It's why I put this up to see if there are any other unique race mods in the works or already out

2 that I already know about (Aren't for everybody) are the Cellan and Shark races that are both WIPs but the Shark is at a halt because vbo got discouraged and they're out of a mesh maker

Yeah that's why I look for some unique race like Vaalsark and Siren, It would be very difficult to mimic them with mods such as ECE (enhanced character edit) or Race Menu, It's why I put this up to see if there are any other unique race mods in the works or already out

2 that I already know about (Aren't for everybody) are the Cellan and Shark races that are both WIPs but the Shark is at a halt because vbo got discouraged and they're out of a mesh maker

I think you five years away from anything being unique. Right now same trend, Elin only real race you call a race.lol Just want pick

race my main goal beat shit out people with super powers. Not weak ass wait a day powers. At moment just lurking in shadows waiting

on somebody release Blade&Soul race or something.lol

I have gone back to playing standard races because I got so tired of as you guys say, "Another pretty face or compatibility issues" RCF causes some of my mods to not function and that annoys the hell out of me personally. only thing I want to change would be the argonian and khajiit other then that .. I just don't care any more :/.... tho that shark mod would have been cool >.>;.

I have gone back to playing standard races because I got so tired of as you guys say, "Another pretty face or compatibility issues" RCF causes some of my mods to not function and that annoys the hell out of me personally. only thing I want to change would be the argonian and khajiit other then that .. I just don't care any more :/.... tho that shark mod would have been cool >.>;.

What's with the hostility I'm just saying that the uniqueness of the race mods out there is very slim as all of them are either a slightly edited human/elf or the default race with different stats and I haven't found races with compatibility issues yet... there are few truly unique races out there that I've seen and I'm making sure I haven't missed any which so far I really haven't (although I didn't pay close attention to the China Doll one but after close attention I saw that yes this is unique in is own way)

if that came off wrong it was not supposed to I assure you I was just agreeing that there is a lack of uniqueness with races for skyrim, sorry if that came off wrong or something else not intended I promise :), I do wish there was more though.. oblivion had soooo many cool races that I used to use but in good faith I could not go back to playing that game now but I wish some of the race would be ported over.

Creating a non-human race is a risky time investment. If it's too human, people won't bother with it or be turned away by its animal-like parts. If it's too bestial, many people won't be interested at all.

Plus there's the obvious issues of clipping if they have appendages that humans don't.

OP: I didn't see Celestials on that list. Granted, they're pretty much human, but Shaydow did impressive work with the spells and such.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/11208-shaydows-celestial-race-transformations-armors-v5-123112-update/?hl=celestial

But.. it DOES have more compatibility issues than most races, probably because of aforementioned spells.

9r3lv7.jpg

Love MoonShadow Race in Fallout. Try MoonShadow Race for Skyrim, after while too much trouble.lol

Vampire issues, Dawnguard and got Dragonborn. Have character from start do almost everything. Who

need pretty face race and powers when add mods rape opponent with Vergil like swords.. Skyrim still in

early stages so best sit back wait.

Custom Race+Dawnguard+Dragonborn+Vampire+People mods= problems

Original Race+People mods= :D

I know, right? I really don't understand why people feel the need to make several human races.

I mean, we already got 4 vanilla human races in the game and mods to make those look better. If I wanted to be a humie, I'd play as a freakin imperial/nord/bret/redguard.

Granted, I have roughly the same opinion on elves. Again, we have 3 of them in game. Why make more when we already have High Elves/Wood Elves/Dark Elves? Though I will admit they are pretty ugly so I can at least see the point somewhat.

I'm also particularly interested in this, though more or less the nonhuman/nonelf types.

I know, right? I really don't understand why people feel the need to make several human races.

I mean, we already got 4 vanilla human races in the game and mods to make those look better. If I wanted to be a humie, I'd play as a freakin imperial/nord/bret/redguard.

Granted, I have roughly the same opinion on elves. Again, we have 3 of them in game. Why make more when we already have High Elves/Wood Elves/Dark Elves? Though I will admit they are pretty ugly so I can at least see the point somewhat.

I'm also particularly interested in this, though more or less the nonhuman/nonelf types.

Yes Elves are also sorta targeted but at least unique races can be done with elves but humans... well they're humans you cant get very creative with a human, I mean Im just saying the race I like have work put into them to make them stand out in the world

Since I kinda exhausted the nexus racewise, here is a bit from the nexus...

Maybe this one but the body textures remind me a bit of the drakians

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=95512423

This one is not lore friendly, but well...

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=76229694&searchtext=

Could be better:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=18043&searchtext=

Those races are kind of ... unique too. Good for a laugh, I guess. For a playthrough, I don't know

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=99080609&searchtext=

Archived