Bannerlord modding controversy

I was curious about modding for bannerlord and boy do they seem to have it rough... I thought ck3 was bad lol. I've only modded europa and crusader kings. I know there are a lot of people on here smarter then me. How does Bannerlord compare to like skyrim? Both are games that live off of mods. Do any of you have any thoughts on modding in bannerlord?

It's kind of annoying how much games now a days rely on mods to just fix general bugs yet the developers act like they are better then modders. 

• Untolddead changed the title to Bannerlord modding controversy

Is better to wait till we have modding tools that can be used by anyone, the ones that we have now are very incomplete, Talesworld has said something about releasing the proper modding tools once Bannerlord is out of early access, so patience is a virtue, we must wait some more lamentably.

How does Bannerlord compare to like skyrim?

Well, skyrim has veteran modders, Bannerlord doesn't, Skyrim has a massive playerbase without counting pirates that also make mods, don't expect skyrim level modding, cause Bannerlord is a very niche game, but there will be a full sex mod at some point in time, at least is easier to mod than Warband.

And about CK3, that one is in worse state than Bannerlord in my opinion, I was hoping there would be fully animated sex scenes in CK3, but again we can only wait.

• 4 months later...

The game itself is not actually released yet. Tbh the modding will fully kick in when it is fully released, because atm they keep adding new things (heck, a lot of things are from mods) that end up breaking most of the mods each patch. But the devs are working ALOT and seem to listen to people about what they want to see in the game.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/27/2021 at 9:21 AM, Untolddead said:

I was curious about modding for bannerlord and boy do they seem to have it rough... I thought ck3 was bad lol. I've only modded europa and crusader kings. I know there are a lot of people on here smarter then me. How does Bannerlord compare to like skyrim? Both are games that live off of mods. Do any of you have any thoughts on modding in bannerlord?

It's kind of annoying how much games now a days rely on mods to just fix general bugs yet the developers act like they are better then modders. 

It is very bad as every update kind of breaks the mods on very fundamental levels. Seems their game engine still changes alot which means mods need to update alot to keep up. So you get ctds as soon as something is slightly out of date or buggy.  From all the games I play this is a nightmare to install mods for. Turnover of modders is also high due to that so mods getting abandoned and wrecking your save game is also part of the course.

One thing you can say about Skyrim or Bethesda in general is that at least until Fallout 4 (I think it got tricky there) their games were very moddable as in  you could do a ton of hot plug and play by adding/removing mods and the thing still ran and somehow sorted out your save games before you broke it so hard it crashed. Bannerlord is really a very delicate flower in that regard atm.

Kinda hesitate playing because it will take me several hours to sort out the mods before I can even start and my previous save games are all certainly trash by now so I need to get in the mood of a fresh grind. Sad, because last gameplay was a nice little kingdom already...