Can't Get 2nd SSD To Work

So i just bought a Crucial MX500 1TB SSD and after hooking it up and starting my PC I cannot see the 2nd SSD. My first is there and all but not the 2nd. I tried changing the PSU plugs around and moving the SATA plug to different ports (I got 6) in my ASROCK Z97 Anniversary but nothing works still. I'm about to just chuck my PC out the window and be done with tech. This was a waste of $100.

I tried going to the stupid disk manager and all but nothing works nor appears.

These are the SATA cables I bought too.

Could just be a bad drive.

Does it show up in the BIOS? Boot options menu?

If the windows disk manager doesn't load, that would indicate it can see the drive but is having issues reading it.

Have you ever made a Linux bootable USB drive? Sometimes booting into a different OS type can show things that Windows cannot deal with.

2 hours ago, Darkening Demise said:

This was a waste of $100.

Oh shut up, I paid $2800 for a laptop I don't even use. Calm down.

I also bought an NVIDIAA Tesla M6 that isn't even compatible with the system it was intended for. Trust me you don't eve want to know how much those used to cost when I bought it.

You need to go into Disk Management and initialize the disk. Once that's done you need to format it. All new drives come unformatted.