animation static mesh in 3ds max

On 5/22/2021 at 9:43 PM, DocClox said:

Thank you for that. I'll have a read when I get a bit more time.

Excuse me, but you cannot explain why people began to develop some kind of self-made plugins, instead of using the official ones? As far as I understand, the official ones have absolutely all bethesda and hkt tools, and there is only no importer nif. Or is there something else? I'm at a loss.

3 minutes ago, DocClox said:

The only one I know of was made because Max 2019 and 2020 don't support the official version.

If you're thinking of nifscope, it's not actually a Max plugin.

Nifskop? What does nifskop have to do with it? There are at least two third party custom nif plugins for max 2015-2016. There is also some that seems to already support all maxes until 2021. All support nif import, but do not support collisions and materials, roughly speaking, are useless without nifskop. Other than that, am I confused with hkt? What is the difference between hkt supplied with official plugins from hkt 2014 redistributable for working with bone animations?

40 minutes ago, South8028 said:

Nifskop? What does nifskop have to do with it?

Just groping around in the dark, trying to find some connection between your question and our previous conversation. It  was a bit of a non-sequitur and I was struggling to find any context for the comment.

I should probably add that I'm not really a Max user, being far more at home with Blender and Nifscope. But currently, if I want to make poses or animations for Fo4, Max is the only game in town. So I dabble.

I can't really offer any insight into why other plugins may have been created. If I had to guess, I'd speculate that they had, or wanted to use, a more recent version of Max than was supported by the official plugin.

2 hours ago, DocClox said:

Just groping around in the dark, trying to find some connection between your question and our previous conversation. It  was a bit of a non-sequitur and I was struggling to find any context for the comment.

I should probably add that I'm not really a Max user, being far more at home with Blender and Nifscope. But currently, if I want to make poses or animations for Fo4, Max is the only game in town. So I dabble.

I can't really offer any insight into why other plugins may have been created. If I had to guess, I'd speculate that they had, or wanted to use, a more recent version of Max than was supported by the official plugin.

Ahaha. All this is great, but I have not found anywhere that at least someone would use official plugins for anything, especially for animation of bones. All that I found assures me that I have to put one more max, at least 2015 and beg somewhere hkt 2014, which is not distributed anywhere, but only inherited by the deceased grandmother. ) There is only one question. Can I read something somewhere and look to animate bones specifically in 2013 max, or do I need 25 more third-party programs for this, and before that another 10 years playing Skyrim?

21 minutes ago, DocClox said:

Yeah, well, that's one reason I'm trying to write a Blender exporter: so I don't have to rely on a six year old modelling program and a toolset that no longer has a legal download path.

I can only say one thing. bethesda hates modmakers. One can only wonder at the masochists trying to do something here. )

You still won't make materials, collisions, and a bunch of everything that is in the official plugins, and that is impossible to recreate. Nifskop is just a wheelchair.

13 minutes ago, South8028 said:

that is in the official plugins, and that is impossible to recreate. Nifskop is just a wheelchair.

Fallout 4 is ( besides Morrowind i think ? ) the only BethGame that got an official export tool.

If you want to do anything with meshes in Oblivion, Fallout3 / NV or Skyrim you need niftools exporter and nifscope.

The earlier games didn't use havok which means all the animations were also .nifs.

For F4 niftools is a workaround for those who don't have Max13 since thats the only version supported by the offical tools.

For Havok animations you could use Max13 and the offical tools which include the needed havok exporter.

Or you could use any other version of max you can get havok for, the most used one is max15.

24 minutes ago, Vader666 said:

Fallout 4 is ( besides Morrowind i think ? ) the only BethGame that got an official export tool.

If you want to do anything with meshes in Oblivion, Fallout3 / NV or Skyrim you need niftools exporter and nifscope.

The earlier games didn't use havok which means all the animations were also .nifs.

For F4 niftools is a workaround for those who don't have Max13 since thats the only version supported by the offical tools.

For Havok animations you could use Max13 and the offical tools which include the needed havok exporter.

Or you could use any other version of max you can get havok for, the most used one is max15.

This is very wonderful. I have no desire to put several maxes, each of which will have an element of inferiority. I want to have and gradually master one tool that can do everything. But not 25, which I don't need. The only thing missing is the tutorials. About the tools in the official plugin, I found one article and three videos from people who themselves barely figured it out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...