I use the Unlimited Companion Framework from the nexus and there are a couple of ladies in Fallout 4 that I would love to recruit as companions/followers as they are sweet and well acted but the main game doesn't allow it. The first is Glory. There is a mod on the nexus that sort of does it but the implementation isn't great.

The second is scribe Haylen from the Brotherhood Of Steel. She is really sweet and again there's a pre existing mod that does it but not in a way I like. Namely Outcasts and Remnants. I uninstalled that mod when I saw it made Preston Garvey a fascist idiot. I want Haylen as a follower even when I side with the Railroad but without installing a mod that makes characters I like into monsters.

At the moment I'm looking at trying to use Wasteland Dairy Framework to clone Haylen or flip her allegiance but I don't even know if that will work

4 hours ago, Farsh-nuke said:

I want Haylen as a follower even when I side with the Railroad but without installing a mod that makes characters I like into monsters

Well.. Preston does make you his personal meat puppet and takes credit for your work.. so.. yeah he's a narcissistic ass. LOL

But anyway, that quest can be canceled right off the bat, or played out in different ways. If you use Project Valkyrie and OaR everybody will get along.... or you can blow up one or all the factions if you use Depravity.

If you want to learn how they work, install the mods and look at how Thuggy setup the followers and companions. You can then make a mod to alter the scripts & packages of your favorite NPC's. This is the best way to learn how things work, and... to make things work how you want. for the most part. ;)

2 hours ago, izzyknows said:

Well.. Preston does make you his personal meat puppet and takes credit for your work.. so.. yeah he's a narcissistic ass. LOL

But anyway, that quest can be canceled right off the bat, or played out in different ways. If you use Project Valkyrie and OaR everybody will get along.... or you can blow up one or all the factions if you use Depravity.

If you want to learn how they work, install the mods and look at how Thuggy setup the followers and companions. You can then make a mod to alter the scripts & packages of your favorite NPC's. This is the best way to learn how things work, and... to make things work how you want. for the most part. ;)

Oh, I see, you took my quiet diplomatic explanation of why that mod does not work for me as a reason to recommend it again. 

I legit flipped out when that twist happened and want nothing to do with that mod or its creative team. I respect that you have a certain view of Preston Garvey. I ask that you respect that I have a very different view and despise that mod from the bottom of my being

4 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

Check out my Multi Follower mod, only available through Discord: https://discord.gg/5tV68AD

It allows you to recruit ANY thing as follower and has multiple follower slots.

Bonus: It's the only multifollower mod that does not overwrite any vanilla assets or scripts, and it's 100% supported with Ivy.

Thank you I will have a look.