How to COMPLETELY remove all mods and restore SSE to vanilla

So recently i posted on here since i was experiencing errors and bugs from conflicting mods. However I have removed all my mods EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. However for some reason there is still plugins from the mods i have removed left behind. Not to mention my data folder in steam skyrim folder still has traces of EVERY SINGLE ONE of the mods i have EVER installed. Uninstalling Vortex and reinstalling doesnt do ANYTHING.

SO can someone please explain to me how i can go about completely and totally removing all traces of the mods that i have installed and restore the game and the data folders back to normal. Is the only way to uninstall Skyrim from steam and reinstall it again? or do i have to do something else? I can never understand WHY when i hit uninstall it doesnt remove all the traces and restore the game files back to how they were BEFORE i installed the mod.

I want to basically restore Skyrim back to oringal and then remod it without having to worry about traces of mods i am no longer using causing conflicts .

I included some screen shots showing i have no mods installed but there is still a plugin for sexlabs defeat that clearly isnt installed

Skyrim mods.jpg

Skyrim plugins.jpg

1. Uninstall the mods from Vortex/delete that Vortex install or profile (not sure how Vortex works, but the point here is to make sure no files from your current Vortex will be used after this step).
  2. Uninstall the game from Steam.
  3. Go to your "...\Steam\steamapps\common" folder and delete the "Skyrim Special Edition" folder you see in there (this is likely the part you're missing, as files from mods aren't removed by Steam and will stay in this folder for the next time you install the game).

If you want to start from scratch you should remove your saves/config files too, which are in your Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition. Then you can install the game again. And install or configure Vortex to manage your new game install.

2 hours ago, Just Don't said:
  1. Uninstall the mods from Vortex/delete that Vortex install or profile (not sure how Vortex works, but the point here is to make sure no files from your current Vortex will be used after this step).
  2. Uninstall the game from Steam.
  3. Go to your "...\Steam\steamapps\common" folder and delete the "Skyrim Special Edition" folder you see in there (this is likely the part you're missing, as files from mods aren't removed by Steam and will stay in this folder for the next time you install the game).

If you want to start from scratch you should remove your saves/config files too, which are in your Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition. Then you can install the game again. And install or configure Vortex to manage your new game install.

THank you very much i will give it a shot