[Solved] CTD within first 5 minutes; not even AAF installed yet

BLUF: FO4 is shitting itself.  I've stripped it down to mods that I've used plenty of times perfectly well in the past.  I haven't even gotten (back) around to the more depraved mods yet.  Regardless, within the first 4-5 minutes, I get that lovely CTD, that doesn't seem to be triggered any specific event/asset/mode/screen/whatever-the-hell.

Load Order:

Spoiler

[0]    Fallout4.esm
[1]    DLCRobot.esm
[2]    DLCworkshop01.esm
[3]    DLCCoast.esm
[4]    DLCworkshop02.esm
[5]    DLCworkshop03.esm
[6]    DLCNukaWorld.esm
[7]    HUDFramework.esm
[8]    ArmorKeywords.esm
[9]    TortureDevices.esm
[10]    Devious Devices.esm
[FE:0]    FO4HHS_AAF.esp
[FE:1]    Devious Devices Face Morphs.esp
[11]    LooksMenu.esp
[12]    BodyTalk3-LooksMenu.esp
[13]    LooksMenu Customization Compendium.esp
[14]    KSHairdos.esp
[15]    AzarPonytailHairstyles.esp
[16]    VHCE.esp
[17]    StartMeUp.esp
[18]    Modern Firearms.esp
[19]    rpampas.esp
[20]    KKYpampas.esp
[21]    rfortaleza2.esp
[22]    rfortaleza2-mk1.esp
[23]    rfortaleza2-mk2.esp
[24]    rfortaleza2-mk3.esp
[25]    rfortaleza2-mk4.esp
[26]    rfortaleza2-mk5.esp
[27]    rfortaleza2-mk6.esp
[28]    rfortaleza2-pauldron.esp
[29]    rfortaleza2-wetsuit1.esp
[30]    VtawWardrobe1.esp
[31]    VtawUtilityPack1.esp
[32]    VtawWardrobe4.esp
[33]    VtawWardrobe5.esp
[34]    VtawWardrobe6.esp
[35]    CBBE.esp
[36]    HoloTime_2.esp
[37]    StartMeUpFarHarborPatch.esp
[38]    StartMeUpNukaWorldPatch.esp
[39]    WOTC.esp
[40]    Rogg DD Items Manager.esp
[41]    RealHandcuffs.esp
[FE:2]    RealHandcuffs_AWKCR_Compatibility.esp
[FE:3]    RealHandcuffs_DD_Compatibility.esp
[42]    PIP-Pad.esp
[43]    PIP-Pad_LMCC.esp

Latest Papyrus log is attached.

I've made sure Steam verified the integrity of the game files.  Nothing's missing.  Nothing had to be replaced.

There don't seem to be any issues with the loading of any models or textures in-game.

I haven't gotten to the point of using any custom content beyond some things from Modern Firearms before it crashes.  From what I can tell, the guns function just fine.

So... what in the hell is still, after fiddling with this on-and-off for about 3 weeks, breaking this big ol' heap of "It Just Works"?

A LITTLE MORE FOR THOSE WHO CARE:

I'm trying to get to the point of having AAF Violate, the old RSE-CSA Abductions, and Attributes+Harassment setup.  Whether I use Ulfbert's or Indarello's animation patches is yet to be decided.  The non-negotiable mods (that are installed right now) are:

-Modern Firearms

-War Of The Commonwealth (unless there's a better substitute for that)

-PIP-Pad (unless there's a better substitute for that)

-Real Handcuffs

I tried running this setup with Buffout 4.  It didn't even generate any crash logs, so I decided to toss that out.

Papyrus.0.log

Okay, now this is especially... eh, I'm just gonna go with "fucked".

I uninstalled every mod.  I uninstalled the whole game.  I deleted the entire game directory.

I reinstalled the game, and started it up in 100% vanilla form, not even using F4SE.  I started a new game: no loading old saves, no custom content, nothing.

I get through character creation, get right up until I have to flee the house and head to the vault, and before I even get to the dialogue between the soldiers and the Vault-Tec rep, CRASH.

This is the same computer I've been using since the game came out.  I've spent damn near 700 hours playing this before.

What sort of things could be breaking the vanilla game?!

20 hours ago, VenomousOuroboros said:

Okay, now this is especially... eh, I'm just gonna go with "fucked".

I uninstalled every mod.  I uninstalled the whole game.  I deleted the entire game directory.

I reinstalled the game, and started it up in 100% vanilla form, not even using F4SE.  I started a new game: no loading old saves, no custom content, nothing.

I get through character creation, get right up until I have to flee the house and head to the vault, and before I even get to the dialogue between the soldiers and the Vault-Tec rep, CRASH.

This is the same computer I've been using since the game came out.  I've spent damn near 700 hours playing this before.

What sort of things could be breaking the vanilla game?!

Try lower some graphic changes, if you have nvidia rtx - there were some bug with them

@Platinphoenixx

I think it was just the Weapon Debris.  My latest trial on this matter has these settings:

Antialiasing: FXAA

Anisotropic Filtering: 8 Samples

Texture Quality: High

Shadow Quality: High

Shadow Distances: High

Decal Quantity: High

Lightray Quality: Ultra

Godrays Quality: Medium

Depth of Field: Bokeh

Ambient Occlusion: SSAO

Weapon Debris: Off

All the checkboxes (screen space reflections, wetness, rain occlusion, motion blur, lens flare) are unchecked right now.  Some because of the gfx load, some out of preference.

I'm running an RTX 2070.

On 5/14/2021 at 10:57 AM, VenomousOuroboros said:

@Platinphoenixx

I think it was just the Weapon Debris.  My latest trial on this matter has these settings:

Antialiasing: FXAA

Anisotropic Filtering: 8 Samples

Texture Quality: High

Shadow Quality: High

Shadow Distances: High

Decal Quantity: High

Lightray Quality: Ultra

Godrays Quality: Medium

Depth of Field: Bokeh

Ambient Occlusion: SSAO

Weapon Debris: Off

All the checkboxes (screen space reflections, wetness, rain occlusion, motion blur, lens flare) are unchecked right now.  Some because of the gfx load, some out of preference.

I'm running an RTX 2070.

thx but none of that worked for me

What's your load order?  Also, did you have Steam verify all your game files?  Are your drivers up-to-date?

And how quickly does the game crash?  Does it seem to be time-related or tied to some action/event in the game?

There might be more questions to follow, but we should start with that.

17 hours ago, Platinphoenixx said:

thx but none of that worked for me

Had the same issue with a RTX 3080, turning off Weapon Debris in the settings didn't fix it. What did fix it was editing the Fallout4Prefs.ini file to following entries:

[NVFlex]

bNVFlexEnable=0

iQuality=0

iMaxNeighbors2=64

iMaxNeighbors1=48

iMaxNeighbors0=32

iMaxParticles2=32768

iMaxParticles1=16000

iMaxParticles0=6000

fKillRadius2=4000.0000

fKillRadius1=3000.0000

fKillRadius0=2000.0000

bNVFlexInstanceDebris=0

bNVFlexDrawDebris=0

Basically, I set bNVFlexEnable=0, iQuality=0, bNVFlexInstanceDebris=0 and bNVFlexDrawDebris=0. This solved it for me permanently. You can access this via Mod Organizer 2 easily if you're using it.

12 hours ago, VenomousOuroboros said:

What's your load order?  Also, did you have Steam verify all your game files?  Are your drivers up-to-date?

And how quickly does the game crash?  Does it seem to be time-related or tied to some action/event in the game?

There might be more questions to follow, but we should start with that.

Thanks in advance. I made my own Thread here :

3 hours ago, Tachyon said:

Had the same issue with a RTX 3080, turning off Weapon Debris in the settings didn't fix it. What did fix it was editing the Fallout4Prefs.ini file to following entries:

[NVFlex]

bNVFlexEnable=0

iQuality=0

iMaxNeighbors2=64

iMaxNeighbors1=48

iMaxNeighbors0=32

iMaxParticles2=32768

iMaxParticles1=16000

iMaxParticles0=6000

fKillRadius2=4000.0000

fKillRadius1=3000.0000

fKillRadius0=2000.0000

bNVFlexInstanceDebris=0

bNVFlexDrawDebris=0

Basically, I set bNVFlexEnable=0, iQuality=0, bNVFlexInstanceDebris=0 and bNVFlexDrawDebris=0. This solved it for me permanently. You can access this via Mod Organizer 2 easily if you're using it.

I'll try that right now, thx!

EDIT: Sadly it didn't work either.

18 hours ago, Tachyon said:

Sorry to hear that, what does your buffout log say?

Also, try the weapon debris fix on Nexusmods

I have no idea where to find that log ;D

But i just tried the crash fix mod you suggested and, well it seems to work. Even though i had disabled Weapon Debris this mod seems to have made the difference. I'll report back once i can confirm whether it actually fixed it but thank you in advance!

EDIT: I can confirm, it works now. Thank you very much!