[REQUEST] Asset Creators

zippy57

Can you make meshes for FNV? Or textures? Or animations? Or do you have the ability to create concept art?

Then I could REALLY use your help!

I need armor meshes. I need armor textures. I need interior building meshes. I need exterior building meshes. I need creature meshes. I need creature animations. I need creature animations. I need concept art for all that.

So if you can do any of that, please let me know.

DETAILS FOLLOW

A couple things to preface this with: First, heavy spoilers ahead. Second, I could use some concept art for all the items described below, since it would help pin down my concept for whoever goes to create the assets. Third, a lot of inspiration is taken from Star Trek, so expect common comparisons between the two.

Important: The style of RS... well, everything. Vanilla FNV is based off of 50s sci-fi. RS style is based on the assumption that they started with that same level of technology and eventually streamlined it into essentially modern. Standard FNV everything is the bridge of the original starship Enterprise, and RS is the bridge from the reboot (minus lens flares).

RS UNIFORMS

NOTE: The markings will remain the same and in the same locations as they already are.

There are four basic pieces to the standard RS uniform. A department-colored undershirt, usually shortsleeve. A pair of pants with department-color stripes on the sides. Shoes. And a zip-up-style jacket (think DS9 uniforms, it zips-up but you never see the zippper) with a high collar that has no gap when completely zipped-up.

That's all I have for the basic description, it's pretty simple. (This is why I'm asking for concept art! tongue.png) Now I have to overwhelm you with varations...

I want different versions of the uniform, mainly centering around how far zipped up the jacket is. All the way up, most of the way up (standard), about halfway, and completely unzipped. Also no jacket at all and no undershirt. And a couple of variations for different breast sizes and/or builds so everybody doesn't look the same. Oh, and variations for the pant legs being over the boots, tucked in, and rolled up.

RS COMBAT ARMOR

RS combat armor started as Power Armor, the same stuff you see in the vanilla game. Modifications were made to use the armor as a form of Hazard Suit. The design has been slowly changing over the course of two centuries until it got to its modern form.

RS combat armor is black with department-color highlights.

OWEN COMBAT ARMOR

OWEN are the bad guys. Approximately 75 years before the start of FNV, OWEN managed to aquire some RS technology, including some RS combat armor. Thus like how RS armor will have evolved slightly since then, OWEN evolved in a backwards sense; back towards what would have been familiar for them, 50s sci-fi style. It's still obviously not pre-War stuff, though.

OWEN combat armor is a brown/tan color, like vanilla combat armor.

RS TILESET

RS military architecture is very modular. Very streamlined, lots of white, silver, and black. I need all the pieces in the standard Vault tileset in this new tilset, plus separate ceiling and wall pieces so I can have rooms with no height limit. I would prefer the doors be the size of a standard door. I would also prefer they open like Star Trek doors.

OWEN TILESET

Fairly dark, lots of reds, browns, and oranges. Angular with right angles. Lots of grating where wiring and/or machinery is visible.

TILESET CONNECTION PIECES

I need a way to connect a Vault to... anything. The only doors that fit Vault doorways and Vault doors. This makes putting it together with any other tileset literally impossible. All I really are versions of the Vault tileset meshes with standard-size doorways so I can connect them to other tilesets.

A BIG GLOWING ROBOT DESIGNED TO LOOK AS IF IT IS MAGICAL AND THE OPERATOR IS VISIBLE WITHIN CONTROLLING THE ROBOT AS IF THEY WERE FLOATING

So... that. Glowing red, preferably. And animations for it attacking and stuff. The spoilers here are so huge that I will only provide more information on request.

That's all I have at the moment.

I'm a character artist, can you PM the specifics of what you need?

I honestly didn't expect anyone to respond that fast. tongue.png I'm working on a full list of everything I require, but I wasn't planning on putting it in the post because I tried it before and I think it scared people away. I'll send a PM in a few hours with as much detail I can manage. Thank you for your interest! smile.png

Zippy I'm pinning this up for you since this is of interest to all of us.  wink.png

Thanks!
  • 1 month later...

Didn't see this post till now, but I am not really a content creator. but made molerat with dick mesh

i tested it in game and geck and did not find any errors.

I could release the mesh as a single prop if you prefer it that way, but this is easier since it allow me to fully import the mesh attached with a dick so i don't have to align it later.

• 7 months later...

This is Zippy's thread for Zippy's project. If this sign stuff isn't part of his project you need to move it to your own thread.

I did ask the question in the first post I made cause the last post was on June, the title is general and the post is sticked so I did wait an answer from Zippy and didn't have, else I would have open a new thread.

Consider I'm not in need of mesher, sorry to have disturb you.

There are so much meshers working on FNV that I agree with you, It's very better to make a lot of threads asking for them.

Ah ça ira ça ira les aristocrates on les pendra

This is Zippy's thread for Zippy's project. If this sign stuff isn't part of his project you need to move it to your own thread.

Let's leave that up to zippy, maybe.

Also this thread's been pinned since like forever - I gotta wonder if it merits to continue to be if it isn't open for other modders to request stuff.

Archived