No slider with Interactive pose.

I found an Interactive pose that has no slider when played. I've seen this before but forget exactly why it happens or how to fix it.

The pose has all four loops (Normal, Orgasm, Cooldown, and Penetration) plus a page of unmarked frames for default movement. All the parts appear to be there. The pose is set to "Interactive" in the PE.

The only thing "unusual" about the pose is that the "Penetration" loop is just a single frame (I extended the loop to the next keyframe, but it made no difference.)

Does anyone know how to fix the pose to get the speed slider to appear.

TIA

Thanks, but that's definitely not the problem. Multiple frames in every loop, plus default frames not in any loop (deleting them didn't help.) I've "broken" poses before where the slider disappeared, but I don't recall how. (This pose arrived pre-broken.)

I've uploaded the pose here if anyone wants to see if they can get the slider back. Use in any room with a "Cross".

TIA

the "Penetration" loop is just a single frame

is what you originally posted. Now you say there are "multiple frames in every loop"

anyway, ive downloaded the pose. It took a LONG time to convert (?) on start-up.

When i load it in the PoseEdit room, it says it's a Table pose and appears in that position.

I can see a Normal loop, Orgasm loop,  Cooldown loop.

I see no Penetration loop - there are frames in block 4 but it's not labelled as Penetration loop.

Loading the pose in the Fetish Room it does appear but in the Catwalk location (???)

But i do get a slider...

cross.jpg.2002e4ed02e6470df4244350519a67d5.jpg

Thx for the reply, but like I said, I tried expanding the Penetration loop to include additional frames, and it didn't fix the issue.

So that's not the problem. I assume you tried the same thing and it didn't fix it.

You're getting a slider though. That's weird.

Yes, that is weird. I'm on version P and i seem to remember you're not.

That was with your pose, ie without any attempts to fix it.

And the position is also strange... should be Cross, right?

but i have never had much luck with custom Special poses, even of the non-interactive kind.
as far as i can tell, PoseEdit can now load them as template but it seems to lose the "Special" category when such a pose is saved as a user pose.
The Special positions (cross, sybian etc) in a room are all linked to very specific poses in AvFurnitures.bs for that room.
Maybe things go wrong because a user pose is not in that list of accepted poses

I fixed the pose. The cause was something stupid (natch.)

I was thinking, "This is a solo pose. What is supposed to be happening to trigger an orgasm?"

All I had to do was add a toy to the pose. That gave the pose something to start using a slider.

32 minutes ago, OysterMug said:

I fixed the pose. The cause was something stupid (natch.)

I was thinking, "This is a solo pose. What is supposed to be happening to trigger an orgasm?"

All I had to do was add a toy to the pose. That gave the pose something to start using a slider.

A bit of logic can go a long way when you are solving problems ;)

Well done Sir!

• 1 month later...
20 hours ago, dnwelart said:

Btw. tutorial with interactive pose will be usefull ;] Idk how is the best connect models xd

Even after years of creating poses, the details of how "Interactive" poses work still eludes me. That's why I didn't cover it in the Documentation.

I can tell you the different loops "overlap" depending on the model's state (Normal, Orgasm, Cooldown and Penetration) such that changing the actor(s) position in the Orgasm or Cooldown loops may be totally ignored if it's overridden in the Normal or Penetration loops.

And b/c of this "overlap", your model won't move the same during use as it does in the editor.

They are just an abject nightmare to edit. I think Interactive poses should be created/edited as normal "Animation"s first, switched to "Interactive", and then you define where the different loops begin/end.

PS: Connecting models in Animated poses:

First, create your animation with everything lined up perfectly. DON'T depend upon "linked" items to move your actors into position.

Next, STARTING FROM THE LAST KEYFRAME, link the desired body part or toy,

THEN, moving backwards from last keyframe to first, unlink and then relink the selected body part or toy on every keyframe till you reach the beginning. Actors may twist themselves into knots to remain linked. Unlinking them lets them revert to their programmed state. Relink them again so they remain linked in that position.

If one of your linked actors stutters or bounces around during playback, you probably have too many keyframes close together. Try to avoid having keyframes within one or two frames of each other.

Edited by OysterMug
  • 1 month later...
On 6/26/2021 at 7:38 PM, OysterMug said:

Even after years of creating poses, the details of how "Interactive" poses work still eludes me. That's why I didn't cover it in the Documentation...

Lots of tips. This is certainly the most complicated process to create position, animation and interactive position, the first two are easy but now up to 4 characters, which generates even more work ;O, and btw. the height of the character can also mess up a bit ; O but back to the question, has any user who knows how to create interactive items posted a tutorial? Because I would like to use it, their skills  ; ]

Edited by dnwelart