Custom body, armour, physics, skins etc

Hello,

Lately I have learned how to configure body physics and armour etc by using these mods.

"0056","+","Caliente's Beautiful Bodies Enhancer -CBBE-"
"0057","+","BDs Armor and Clothes Replacer CBBE 3BBB"
"0058","+","BD's Armor and Clothing Replacer - CBBE Bodyslide Conversion"
"0059","+","CBPC - CBP Physics with Collisions"
"0062","+","CBBE SMP (3BBB)" (Only this one is changed in: CBBE 3ba)
"0063","+","HDT-SMP (Skinned Mesh Physics)"

I added bijin skin / bijin skin for bijin family/ bijin bodyslide mesh as well for the standard NPC who are mostly modded with bijin and pandorable. I solved the wrist seam, body physics and all is well.

However: I very much like to make this lady work properly as well: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/47296

She has a custom body. While wearing armour, the body physics work well but she has a "normal" skin and wrist seam. When she wears a sexy armour with visible bottom and all, I want her custom body to be visible.

I know already it might take some modding. A thourough explanation is nice but I believe I am already helped a lot if I know where to start "studying" ;)

At a guess... search for info on "how to change reference bodies in Outfit studio"

And now for the 2-bit required quip about why... With a few exceptions (Keung's furs for instance) "Body" pieces (ie the part that covers the torso) do not drape over a player's nekid body, they literally replace it. You may notice a change in body texture (for the bits showing) or even a shift in the body itself (hips breasts, etc that aren't like your nekid model) , but unless the change is significant, you might miss such a difference.

13 hours ago, anjenthedog said:

At a guess... search for info on "how to change reference bodies in Outfit studio"

And now for the 2-bit required quip about why... With a few exceptions (Keung's furs for instance) "Body" pieces (ie the part that covers the torso) do not drape over a player's nekid body, they literally replace it. You may notice a change in body texture (for the bits showing) or even a shift in the body itself (hips breasts, etc that aren't like your nekid model) , but unless the change is significant, you might miss such a difference.

Indeed, e.g. with the BD armour replacer's they replace the whole body. I know it should be somewhere somehow possible to "override" the body replacement. If what I want is not possible or I am simply to dumb to do it, then the solution is simple: find a fancy armor mod that does drape over a body and is equipped for the whole bodyslide and physics stuff. Does those kind of armor have a certain name? I mean: for everything, every technique, every mod is an abbreviation (cbbe/fnis/smp/cbpc/3bbb/unp/skse/hdt/enb/sse/SkyUI/ etc etc etc. I love all the stuff but finding your way in it is sometimes worthy of a university degree ;) )

Afaik, in order to replace the reference body used in an armor pack you have to edit the outfit and replace the reference body with your player body model, or even your own custom body.

ie, Armor "Z" comes using the CBBE reference body, but you use CBBE-3BBB, so you'd replace the CBBE reference body with a CBBE-3BBB reference body...or if you have an idealized body already made for your player, you *could use that body (an interesting idea someone suggested in a post a while back to ensure the "best" possible fits... I think it was in reference to nipple jewelry tbh, since they rarely fit properly by default - unless they come pre-fitted with a particular follower or NPC - and don't usually fit even when bodyslide is used "generically"... when there's a bodyside for the jewelry in the first place) 

Anyway, I haven't performed a reference body swap yet myself, so I can't guide you on that, but there are posts about it that you can find by doing a wide net search using a query like "skyrim special edition bodyslide outfit studio reference body replace" ... that particular one wasn't as responsive as I thought it might be, but it did yield this link

https://tesmistel.tumblr.com/post/149567999810/outfit-studio-conversion-guide

Or refer to Bodyslide & Outfit Studio's documentation, I think  they provide a reference-body-swapping step-by-step in their docs. (don't quote me on that, just going on vague memories from one of my many quick scans of the text).

PS. There are only a few "clothing" items I  know of that drape. Almost every armor you find worth its salt as armor and most clothing, uses a visible reference body (and if the right type for your body preset(s), adjustable via bodyslide) which replaces your naked body while wearing it.  Keung's Furs is one (the only one frankly I can think of off-hand) that drapes. The coat or poncho will drape over whatever body piece you're wearing or not wearing, but these pieces offer very little actual armor value (20) and so far, they're unchangeable using Lazy Tools, Can't even layer them with enchantments... muttermuttermutter. (I suppose I could edit them in SSEDIT to allow but I haven't so far) so are primarily for visual appeal (unless you use it for its intended purpose which is afaik for Cold-aware/iNeed type stuff). For instance, I'm 'wearing' a BHUNP follower's body right now, care of Copy Character Appearance. She (Yuih Sha, the -converted from UNP- BHUNP follower I'm wearing)  has few clothing choices, (most of my armor clothing is made for CBBE-3BBB), so she generally runs around with her boobs wagging. I throw on the poncho or coat to be a bit more "demure"

Quite often (I think) people just punt, find an armor whose ref is a close approximation, and just use as is.

For instance This is my cloned Sha wearing a couple assets stolen from a pre-fitted, un-fittable "Hikari" armor pack the bikini top, armbands, and glasses, (and a few Keung bits and other items too) . The bikini top (via its ref body) makes her boobs a bit smaller than she really has and also slight changes in the rest of her torso proportions, but I can generally live with it. (actually I kinda like her with smaller boobs, but sadly as of a few days ago when I was debugging something, donning that bikini top results in gold skin, a problem I have to hash out...)

Sayah_as_Sha.jpg.096d5e7a05d4f4e8364bd83683d55ecf.jpg

Have bookmarked the link you gave me, thank you. Have found a beautiful solution for the lady follower. With a little help of this one: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/15211

I gave the lady a tighfit leather curvy accentuating armor by gigaduex. (graaoowwl graaoowwl) https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/21836

For these an addon is available: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/25932 but i have to build the bodyslide myself since the bodyslide files are provided separately otherwise I won't have any body physics. Think your guide might help me with that. Have no idea how it all works yet. (still want to install quite some other mods as well)

• 4 weeks later...

And exactly that is at this moment the only part I need some expertise in.  Building the physics for an armor. I drown a bit in all the buttons and procedures. Either I have to take time at a quiet moment or someone here can give me a short summary of the steps to be taken and I have to take a quiet moment anyway that might be less frustrating ;)

It will become all clear to me one day :)

Thank you for you for help so far.