Trails of Cold Steel 4 (Mod Request)

257559329_Screenshot(281).png.bad458f669b5310034476e7fdbb81960.png

15 minutes ago, Big Blue Tree said:

Hey, can someone backport a mod from Hajimari no Kiseki to ToCS4?
They use the same engine so it shouldn't be hard right?

What i want specifically is the "Bigger Boobs and Fluttering Skirt" mod... wondering if this is possible

So, uh... i just copied the Hajimari mod into TOCS4, and it surprisingly worked...

Just make a backup of the Chr and Dlc folder before pasting anything there

Edited by Big Blue Tree

Big Boobs and Fluttering Skirt Mod (Trails of Cold Steel 3 and 4) - Added option files.

I ported a mod that I made for Hajimari no Kiseki to Trails of Cold Steel 3 and 4. The girl's boobs will sway and her skirt will flip up.

For costumes that will be changed, please refer to the list inside.

Trails of Cold Steel Big Boobs and Fluttering Skirt Mod.7z

I have prepared an options file for you to choose what to modify. Please use the file of your choice.

Trails of Cold Steel Big Boobs and Fluttering Skirt Mod Options.7z

Big-Boobs.gif.2db3035d6ae597738fc3873004549c20.gif

68171929_FlutteringSkirt.JPG.901e7c7db4fc6f0216e6d13a10ed8dd5.JPG

Edited by S_S_Majin

Screw it, I'll ask it. But First...Fantastic mods. It definitely helps add replayability to this great series. 

Now onto my question for the modders. Is it possible to create a "no panty" mod?  Basically, use the bottom half of the see through towel/nude mod, and replace the panties texture with it. Combine that with the Fluttering Skirt mod, and Camera Tweak exe., I think it could be a fantastic combination. Assuming it's simple, maybe it can be expanded to Hajimari one day.

Cheers!

On 9/23/2021 at 8:55 AM, Ayking said:

Screw it, I'll ask it. But First...Fantastic mods. It definitely helps add replayability to this great series. 

Now onto my question for the modders. Is it possible to create a "no panty" mod?  Basically, use the bottom half of the see through towel/nude mod, and replace the panties texture with it. Combine that with the Fluttering Skirt mod, and Camera Tweak exe., I think it could be a fantastic combination. Assuming it's simple, maybe it can be expanded to Hajimari one day.

Cheers!

I was planning to create a mod that would change the appearance of panties, so I will try to create no panties. I plan to create a mod for Hajimari no Kiseki so that it can be used in Trails of Cold Steel 3 and 4.

I'm playing another game and I don't have time to make a mods. Please wait patiently.

Edited by S_S_Majin
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/15/2021 at 2:40 AM, S_S_Majin said:

Big Boobs and Fluttering Skirt Mod (Trails of Cold Steel 3 and 4) - Added option files.

I ported a mod that I made for Hajimari no Kiseki to Trails of Cold Steel 3 and 4. The girl's boobs will sway and her skirt will flip up.

For costumes that will be changed, please refer to the list inside.

Trails of Cold Steel Big Boobs and Fluttering Skirt Mod.7z 8.66 MB · 244 downloads

I have prepared an options file for you to choose what to modify. Please use the file of your choice.

Trails of Cold Steel Big Boobs and Fluttering Skirt Mod Options.7z 1.68 MB · 133 downloads

Big-Boobs.gif.2db3035d6ae597738fc3873004549c20.gif

68171929_FlutteringSkirt.JPG.901e7c7db4fc6f0216e6d13a10ed8dd5.JPG

Which of the two files contains the option with Big Boobs, Shaking Boobs, Fluttering Skirt

As the second file also only has big boobs and fluttering skirt as option.

1 hour ago, brook09 said:

Which of the two files contains the option with Big Boobs, Shaking Boobs, Fluttering Skirt

As the second file also only has big boobs and fluttering skirt as option.

Included in the "Trails of Cold Steel Big Boobs and Fluttering Skirt Mod.7z" above. The options below are not necessary.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
7 hours ago, slhdono said:

I wish it was possible like fatal frame 5 :')

Thanks for the fast reply

I'm sure that is also possible. But considering the ease of use with 3dmigoto, no one has messed with the actual game files that I know of. Where as with Fatal Frame 5, the mod process started with messing with the game files until someone decided to use 3dmigoto. So we had both options going in tandem. With these games? It's always been 3dmigoto. At least on the PC.

But you might want to look on switch hacking forums too. A lot of the times scene sites have modders who mess with games too. At least that's how it was back during the 360 (RGH hack, and all the cool mods that came from that.) and PS3 days (PSjailbreak, custom firmware, etc). I haven't really messed with my hacked switch since I bought it. As I originally bought it for my daughter for her birthday, but due to hacking it, and considering I work, I haven't really sat down extensively to play it with her. And her mom is nowhere near as tech oriented as me, so it's honestly been collecting dust since June and she's just been using her Amazon tablet for electronic entertainment. I literally have only used it twice. When the Smash Ultimate nude mods come out. (I'll try em for like 5 minutes then shut it down.) or when Metroid Dread came out. (Played about 2 hours then shut it down.) So you probably have way more knowledge on forums to check for this type of stuff then I do. I haven't been in a console scene since again 360 and PS3 days.

Edited by Hakufu1021
6 hours ago, Hakufu1021 said:

I'm sure that is also possible. But considering the ease of use with 3dmigoto, no one has messed with the actual game files that I know of. Where as with Fatal Frame 5, the mod process started with messing with the game files until someone decided to use 3dmigoto. So we had both options going in tandem. With these games? It's always been 3dmigoto. At least on the PC.

But you might want to look on switch hacking forums too. A lot of the times scene sites have modders who mess with games too. At least that's how it was back during the 360 (RGH hack, and all the cool mods that came from that.) and PS3 days (PSjailbreak, custom firmware, etc). I haven't really messed with my hacked switch since I bought it. As I originally bought it for my daughter for her birthday, but due to hacking it, and considering I work, I haven't really sat down extensively to play it with her. And her mom is nowhere near as tech oriented as me, so it's honestly been collecting dust since June and she's just been using her Amazon tablet for electronic entertainment. I literally have only used it twice. When the Smash Ultimate nude mods come out. (I'll try em for like 5 minutes then shut it down.) or when Metroid Dread came out. (Played about 2 hours then shut it down.) So you probably have way more knowledge on forums to check for this type of stuff then I do. I haven't been in a console scene since again 360 and PS3 days.

Thanks for the in depth explanation ? , sure I searched a lot but usually if the mod exist they will post it on gamebanana or nexus mods , otherwise it's locked behind patreon or hidden in someone's discord server which is really not easy to find. the best forum I know about this stuff is here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have to tip my hat to S_S_Majin for the big boobs mod; very impressive work (even if the greedy soul in me wishes they could be even bigger -- especially Juna's; I love her). I have to ask, could the same process be used to make their butts bigger, too, or would that require a more fundamental kind of edit? I want to gauge how possible such a mod would be.

• 2 months later...

Hi all, I don't know how many people are still interested in mods for ToCS4, but I'm playing it now, and got obsessed with figuring out how to get meshes into Blender (using DarkStarSword's amazing plugin).  After a bunch of experimentation, I managed to get around the "Only draw calls using a single vertex buffer and a single index buffer are supported for now." error.

alisa_in_blender.png.7c0e3617340908b80ad05d4fc1987465.png

As proof of concept, I made a mod removing parts of Alisa's skirt, as you can see in the photo above (and mod is attached, enjoy!).

I wasn't able to figure out how to modify DSS's plugin (way over my head) but I managed to hack together a couple of python scripts that 1. combine the buffers so that they work with the import plugin, and 2. separate the exported buffers so that the game will accept them.  (They might work with other games, I have no idea, I tested only ToCS4.)

Here are my scripts:  https://github.com/eArmada8/vbuffer_merge_split/releases/tag/stable

Watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2nvJzkwHHQ

At around 3:30 he walks through installing Blender and DSS's plugin, 7:30 demonstrates hunting mode and finding texture buffer hashes, and at about 9 minutes he explains how to dump a frame, import the buffers into Blender, edit the mesh, export the mesh, and load it into 3Dmigoto.

Differences from the video:

1. Most of the 3dmigoto installs in this thread have buffer hunting and frame dumping disabled.  To turn on buffer hunting, change "hunting=0" to "hunting=2" in d3dx.ini.  To enable frame dumping, uncomment the "analyse_options" line and set it to "analyse_options = dump_vb dump_ib txt".  Press F10 to reload d3dx.ini after editing, number pad 0 (num_0) to go into hunting mode, and F8 to dump the frame.

2. Once you've dumped the frame in hunting mode (num_0 -> F8, see #1), copy vb_merge.py into the frame dump and run it.  It should create an output folder and put all the merged buffers in there.  You can import these files using DSS' plugin, see the video.  Merging an entire frame dump can take a minute or so, it's faster if you just copy out the buffers you want and run the script on those.

3. Even if you merge the entire dump (which admittedly I do), don't try to import the entire thing like the video.  Some buffers have semantics that Blender does not understand, which will cause the entire import process to abort.  (I haven't found any clothing that does this, only things like blinking eyes, etc.)  Just import the individual buffers that you need.  You figure this out just like in the video, by disabling textures in game.  Go into hunting mode; Num_7 and Num_8 goes through textures and Num_9 copies the selected texture hash to clipboard.  Once you know the hash, search for it in the output folder (or frame dump folder).

4. I have no idea why CS4 has double buffers for so many meshes, but you'll find there's often two copies of things.  (In fact you probably found more than one buffer set when searching the frame dump by hash.)  So you'll delete part of a mesh and it'll seem like it's still there.  That's because you're seeing the duplicate object.  Just delete the duplicate before you get started.

5. Export the mesh as per the video, one object at a time.  Each object should generate an .ib, .vb and .fmt file.  Copy vb_split.py into the directory and run it.  It will generate the .vb0, .vb1, .vb2, etc.  It will also start an .ini file for you with all the strides auto-populated, so you can ignore the part of the video where he is hunting down strides.  If vb_split detects an existing .ini file, it will skip .ini file generation so you don't lose changes every time you change your model and run the script.

6. The autogenerated .ini file is a non-functional skeleton.  It has all the override sections commented out entirely so that you don't get errors if you attempt to load it without finishing it.  Fill in the texture hash and the pixel shader hash, and uncomment all the code, and it should be good to go!  The .ini files are implementation neutral; I've tested the example Alisa mod with the nude mod from @S_S_Majin in this thread and it loads fine.  F2 will not disable my generic .ini files though, if you want that then replace the checktextures with a run command, but keep in mind that the DOAXVV implementation that's been used here doesn't load vb1-vb5 and will fail to properly manipulate these mods.  So just use my generic .ini file for now and you'll be fine.

7. Unlike the fairy tail implementation of 3dmigoto in the video, you will need to track down both the texture hash AND the pixel shader hash.  Enter hunting mode; Num_1 and Num_2 goes through pixel shaders and Num_3 copies the selected shader hash to clipboard (and dumps the shader).  (btw if you've been wondering why texture override mods don't show up in the menus, it's because the menus use different pixel shaders; add ps-t0 texture override as well as the corresponding pixel shader override and the mods will show up in the menu - irrelevant to my post but I thought I'd mention it.)

I don't have any intention of providing tech support, and barely understood what I was doing when I wrote the scripts; I am not able to modify them for other games etc.  I also don't plan to make more mods but hopefully I've put enough information here that others can modify models to their hearts' content.  And if people aren't still playing this game, hopefully this will be useful for when Hajimari comes out next year!  (but if r/Falcom is anything to go by, people still love this game!)

HUGE thanks to @S_S_Majin and @Teosz!  I have been enjoying your mods, and also used them to figure out how 3Dmigoto even works.

AlisaSkirtMod.7z

Edited by amorrow28
Updated github link