Daspex WIP and other stuff.

Don't take this wrong way. Glad there are people creating stuff. Reminds me of old days. But why are your cars in 2 different tones of the same color? This was the same issue with the red car. Nice cars but it makes it look like a lemon. If you don't have the luxury on using photoshop, use gimp, its a free software you can use.

16 minutes ago, _Haze_ said:

Don't take this wrong way. Glad there are people creating stuff. Reminds me of old days. But why are your cars in 2 different tones of the same color? This was the same issue with the red car. Nice cars but it makes it look like a lemon. If you don't have the luxury on using photoshop, use gimp, its a free software you can use.

Also Mark Zappa asked me that question already why two color tones and the answer is cause i like it like that and yes i already use gimp since decades. :)

Anyone can retexture this vehicles if needed to fit every taste in my opinion.

So i left the textures as plain color textures without giving them a material look.

This will maybe updated later on when im starting to learn more about texturing

stuff.But until then i release them as they are. :)  Maybe i try to use photoshop

in the near future and see what i can do with its functions.

12 minutes ago, Daspex said:

Anyone can retexture this vehicles if needed to fit every taste in my opinion.

So i left the textures as plain color textures without giving them a material look.

Anyone can retexture it their personal needs but you never included this detail. You never included the active mod files. So remember, the average user will not know what to do and will assume the only option is the one that you included.

As for textures, if you can not afford or don't want to spend money on photoshop use GIMP. Its just as good as photoshop and textures can be fixed and created in GIMP. People that do spends decades on this can tell you this, that GIMP is just as good.

18 minutes ago, _Haze_ said:

Anyone can retexture it their personal needs but you never included this detail. You never included the active mod files. So remember, the average user will not know what to do and will assume the only option is the one that you included.

As for textures, if you can not afford or don't want to spend money on photoshop use GIMP. Its just as good as photoshop and textures can be fixed and created in GIMP. People that do spends decades on this can tell you this, that GIMP is just as good.

Yeah all my vehicle addons will be updated anyway and ill include active mod folders for easy modding but you are right i didnt mentioned that in the addon  postings and will edit them asap.As you might have read in my last answer i do use Gimp for decades already and also have photoshop but i didnt installed photoshop cause i like Gimp i used it in Linux in the old days.

14 hours ago, _Haze_ said:

So remember, the average user will not know what to do...

This is why a readme file is helpful. Do have any idea how many old mods I have in backup that I don't even know what they are, let alone know whether or not I can AM them?

there is actually a simple solution... you can use a texture with a number of coloured areas (a so-called swatch).

With UV Mapping, you can pick the parts that need to be a particular colour, resize them to very small scale and move them to the correct area.
that way, you have the ease of use of plain colours and users can edit/replace the swatch texture to another colour scheme.

gyno1.png.eb0abde72a4af0363e40b3bddac337a5.png

1 hour ago, Marburg said:

there is actually a simple solution... you can use a texture with a number of coloured areas (a so-called swatch).

With UV Mapping, you can pick the parts that need to be a particular colour, resize them to very small scale and move them to the correct area.
that way, you have the ease of use of plain colours and users can edit/replace the swatch texture to another colour scheme.

gyno1.png.eb0abde72a4af0363e40b3bddac337a5.png

Nice hint.Will use it in my next project.Thanks. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...