onionknighto Posted September 30 Author Posted September 30 25 minutes ago, Lewta said: does anyone here have a problem where a rescued NPC just die? i don't know what's the cause or if there's a NPC behavior mod conflict so first time I see this problem. the game tries to spawn a npc with /scripts/ttpp/victim_generarot.lua (from TTPP mod) but the main npc script you use /npcs/bmain.lua has a flaw, the behavior is not formated correctly. from just this information I cannot directly find a solution, I would have to look at that exact script of victim_generarot and bmain examine and compare with my currently working scripts you could redownload and replace the newest TTPP version perhaps that fixes it already for you and/or you could post your whole log and not just the error to give us more info
Lewta Posted September 30 Posted September 30 here's the full log of me just starting starbound, placing the breakable then breaking it. starbound.log
onionknighto Posted September 30 Author Posted September 30 2 hours ago, Lewta said: here's the full log of me just starting starbound, placing the breakable then breaking it. starbound.log 197.94 kB · 0 downloads thank you for the log. you have an extremely heavily modded game which would lead me to suspect mod compatibility issue, especially from other mods that change npc script especially "/npcs/bmain.lua" line:35, I'm not sure which one of your mods changes or overrides that base vanilla starbound file but that is the main issue the npc lua script I'm sorry I don't have a simple answer for this, thats a lot of trial and error finding the problem mod causing this so I would suggest just living with this bug if everything else works
Lewta Posted October 1 Posted October 1 (edited) 11 hours ago, onionknighto said: thank you for the log. you have an extremely heavily modded game which would lead me to suspect mod compatibility issue, especially from other mods that change npc script especially "/npcs/bmain.lua" line:35, I'm not sure which one of your mods changes or overrides that base vanilla starbound file but that is the main issue the npc lua script I'm sorry I don't have a simple answer for this, thats a lot of trial and error finding the problem mod causing this so I would suggest just living with this bug if everything else works thank you and sorry for taking your time with my big mod list and logs, I'll try to find the mod causing this problem and might come back to ask if it's possible or not there could be a patch for it all problems aside, i really like this mod and it's way of trapping the player 🫶 (btw is it normal for the trap to damage the player whenever they escape? or that damage is part of the script runned to free the player? or that is also another mod compatibility issue which i might need to fix and find) Edited October 1 by Lewta 1
onionknighto Posted October 1 Author Posted October 1 5 hours ago, Lewta said: thank you and sorry for taking your time with my big mod list and logs, I'll try to find the mod causing this problem and might come back to ask if it's possible or not there could be a patch for it all problems aside, i really like this mod and it's way of trapping the player 🫶 (btw is it normal for the trap to damage the player whenever they escape? or that damage is part of the script runned to free the player? or that is also another mod compatibility issue which i might need to fix and find) Glad you like the mod, more of the mod enemies will be compatible for trapping the player in the future. Yes, we want the player punished for getting grabbed and escaping by dealing 20% of their life as damage. So you can get grabbed and escape like 5 times until you theoretically die from it. This is from TTPP and by intention, if you have arguments for changing it or tweaking the number I always welcome feedback. Btw, if you stay trapped you slowly recover health! It works like a fucked up terrible bed in that way.
Lewta Posted Friday at 10:55 AM Posted Friday at 10:55 AM 23 hours ago, onionknighto said: Glad you like the mod, more of the mod enemies will be compatible for trapping the player in the future. Yes, we want the player punished for getting grabbed and escaping by dealing 20% of their life as damage. So you can get grabbed and escape like 5 times until you theoretically die from it. This is from TTPP and by intention, if you have arguments for changing it or tweaking the number I always welcome feedback. Btw, if you stay trapped you slowly recover health! It works like a fucked up terrible bed in that way. i found the mod causing the problem, and i also find that patch is likely impossible. the mod causing it is Immersive NPC Dialogue: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3088086087 (also the recover health from trap, i notice it also recover hunger so no wonder the addictions of the NPC lol, jk but awesome👍🏻, if possible can there be a variant of the trap that doesn't do damage? just to place around the ship to mess with the NPC crew, just asking )
onionknighto Posted Friday at 11:32 AM Author Posted Friday at 11:32 AM 7 minutes ago, Lewta said: i found the mod causing the problem, and i also find that patch is likely impossible. the mod causing it is Immersive NPC Dialogue: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3088086087 (also the recover health from trap, i notice it also recover hunger so no wonder the addictions of the NPC lol, jk but awesome👍🏻, if possible can there be a variant of the trap that doesn't do damage? just to place around the ship to mess with the NPC crew, just asking ) Quote Cerrigate 12. Sep. um 14:01 Note: In the Viera mod causes npc death loop might be a problem that mod caused and needs fixing on their site as it seems to affect other mods outside of TTPP too with NPC hunger... well they are getting fed ...in a way I really dislike adding multiples of already existing things with just slight variations. I would suggest you adjust the script on your end its just one line in stats/effects/strugglescape.lua this line: local damage = status.resourceMax("health") * 0.15 you can just remove it but for your intention of trapping npc on your ship ... they do not get damaged a s strugglescape on hurts when you struggle out of a trap which only players can do and on their own an npc would just sit indefinitely long in a trap unless you shoot them out and that deals no damage as it is not struggle escape 1
Anonymous9993 Posted Monday at 02:41 AM Posted Monday at 02:41 AM (edited) Small suggestion, may be a bit more on the complicated and maybe wild side, but: A rare variant of the tentacle tentacle larvae, that can only spawn in either tentacle dungeons (the full ones) or on tentacle planets. The idea is that it'd act like a parasite, entering the womb of the player through maybe a short animation similar to the trap mode of the normal tentacle larvae, and stays inside them for a little while, perhaps done through a long buff. Randomly, the player may be stopped for a few seconds as the tentacle moves inside them a bit, before releasing into them, giving them the dripping buff. A similar thing could maybe also be applied by tentacle traps by rare chance. If it was handled through a buff, maybe it could be called something like "burrowed" or "infected". Another idea to add onto this is maybe it's something that builds up as more larvae "burrow" their way into the player, maybe allowing them more stacked dripping effects per level of burrowed, or more frequent pauses and dripping buff applications. Also, side requests, could we get trap mode support for the flying sperm, the larger tentacle, and the dick gnat thing as well? Flying sperm could maybe fuck the player in a similar way to the larvae or burrow into the womb like the idea above, and the dick gnat could maybe thrust its shaft into the player, and the large tentacle could maybe wrap the player and then thrust its tip into them. Support for other tentacle creatures would also be nice, but I've got no ideas for those. Granted you may be working on support for them already and I just don't know. (granted I also don't know if the dick gnat is a manly ttpp thing or not.) I enjoy where the progress on this mod is going, and I like the player/npc-interactive elements a lot, and would love to see more, keep up the good work! : ) Edited Monday at 02:48 AM by Anonymous9993
Panzarzar Posted Monday at 10:26 AM Posted Monday at 10:26 AM Hi! I wanted to know if the TTPP mod will have any unique features or mechanics for OpenStarbound?
Panzarzar Posted Monday at 11:03 AM Posted Monday at 11:03 AM Hi! After reading the suggestions above regarding the infiltration and accumulation of larvae inside the body, I had an idea: why not implement a mechanic similar to the larva system in *Baldur’s Gate 3*? However, instead of a direct copy, it could be set up as a dedicated menu with its own buffs and debuffs—much like the technology progression in the FU mod. Also, it would be great to give the player the ability to use trap mechanics against NPCs.
onionknighto Posted Monday at 12:58 PM Author Posted Monday at 12:58 PM 2 hours ago, Panzarzar said: Hi! I wanted to know if the TTPP mod will have any unique features or mechanics for OpenStarbound? nothing planned for open starbound, got enough plans for years as it is for now in vanilla 1 hour ago, Panzarzar said: Hi! After reading the suggestions above regarding the infiltration and accumulation of larvae inside the body, I had an idea: why not implement a mechanic similar to the larva system in *Baldur’s Gate 3*? However, instead of a direct copy, it could be set up as a dedicated menu with its own buffs and debuffs—much like the technology progression in the FU mod. Also, it would be great to give the player the ability to use trap mechanics against NPCs. I had planned on more pregnancy mechanics but I got stuck on how to do the belly without losing equipped items your suggestion sounds quite advanced and in-depth, sounds more like a sub mod on its own than a simple feature -npc do get caught by traps though? if you get a modded trap compatible monster as a pet even that works
Panzarzar Posted Monday at 01:29 PM Posted Monday at 01:29 PM 30 minutes ago, onionknighto said: nothing planned for open starbound, got enough plans for years as it is for now in vanilla I had planned on more pregnancy mechanics but I got stuck on how to do the belly without losing equipped items your suggestion sounds quite advanced and in-depth, sounds more like a sub mod on its own than a simple feature -npc do get caught by traps though? if you get a modded trap compatible monster as a pet even that works I noticed that Google Translate got my last few words wrong in the previous message; I had proposed a mechanic where the player themselves could become a trap for NPCs, or use a special weapon on NPCs that functions like a trap. However, the idea of a separate sub-mod adding a "larva" mechanic (or a system for altering the character's DNA without changing their appearance) sounds pretty good.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now