MCM Settings not getting saved

I gave up on Fallout 4 back in December 2020 after so many issues and switched to Skyrim SE (far more stable). But now I'm bored with it and have decided to pickup where I left off with Fallout 4 after nearly 4 months and major system hardware upgrades. OK, so of course many mods have also updated and after a few hours of trying to figure out why none of my animations are working at all, I also discover that none of the few updates I've installed are saving the changes in MCM. AAF Violate for example, won't even enable in the MCM menu and that one wasn't even updated, yet. About to check that one over and see if an update is available. AAF itself has been updated along with Family Planning Enhanced, which also will not save any of the changes I try to make. Anyone have any ideas as to what might be causing the problem? Loadorder attached.loadorder.txt

Also having this problem, have both mods and anytime I change settings in the mcm menu in the pause they reset as soon as I unpause the game. I set my desired settings, go back to the game, pause and go back to the mcm and all the settings are reset. If anyone can help us that would be great. 

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, nothing_c1ever said:

I'm having the same problem. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Just about every time someone reports this, it turns out to be caused by Private Profile Redirector.  So if you have that enabled, disable it.

More rarely, it is caused by some issue with MO2, or because the permissions on the ini files don't allow them to be modified.

• 2 years later...

Very belated bump on this topic but does anyone have anymore experience with this issue? I'm currently going through it and yanking my hair out quite fiercely. I can't get MCM to save the settings for AAF Violate or anything else for that matter, and I can't really find any answers for the issue.

On 4/1/2024 at 1:29 PM, onikujo said:

Very belated bump on this topic but does anyone have anymore experience with this issue? I'm currently going through it and yanking my hair out quite fiercely. I can't get MCM to save the settings for AAF Violate or anything else for that matter, and I can't really find any answers for the issue.

I am a Traditional Chinese player,
Originally I had the same problem, a few MCM settings could not be saved.
Later I found out that it was because MO2 could not load directory names outside the system default language.
For example, my WINDOWS system is in Traditional Chinese,
MO2's MCM-related MODs cannot contain Simplified Chinese directories.
Change all MODs to Traditional Chinese directories and everything will be normal.
give it a try