Thanks for your many ideas regarding the land travel, but I believe the author working on it has it already firmly established. Mermaids will have legs on land, and tails only when swimming.

oi, i thought he said there would be a waiting time when out the water? something like 15-30 secs?

Yes the whole mermaids need to dry their tail to gain legs thing. I think 15-30 secs is too long, I can wait 3 secs max. What if you're doing the quest where it involved the water rising and falling in Morrowind. You have to wait 15 secs each time, it will be a pain. If there are strong enemies around, you would be dead before you get legs. The mermaid race from Morrowind has instant transformation. They get legs before going out of the water so they don't have to crawl.

or they could crawl

something like this maybe

exactly what i was hoping for

That is more an on all fours crawl, mermaids don't have four, they have twos and a tail, it will be different. The animation they have when they are low in health looks convincing, but the person working on it can make a new animation that will only be used for like 15 secs of the game.  http://i39.tinypic.com/11vnpko.jpg

Thanks for your many ideas regarding the land travel, but I believe the author working on it has it already firmly established. Mermaids will have legs on land, and tails only when swimming.

oi, i thought he said there would be a waiting time when out the water? something like 15-30 secs?

Yes the whole mermaids need to dry their tail to gain legs thing. I think 15-30 secs is too long, I can wait 3 secs max. What if you're doing the quest where it involved the water rising and falling in Morrowind. You have to wait 15 secs each time, it will be a pain. If there are strong enemies around, you would be dead before you get legs. The mermaid race from Morrowind has instant transformation. They get legs before going out of the water so they don't have to crawl.

or they could crawl

something like this maybe

exactly what i was hoping for

That is more an on all fours crawl, mermaids don't have four, they have twos and a tail, it will be different. The animation they have when they are low in health looks convincing, but the person working on it can make a new animation that will only be used for like 15 secs of the game.  http://i39.tinypic.com/11vnpko.jpg

on the whole, time it takes to transform: what if we make it so that once the waist is above water, magic is accessible?

and the crawl, naw, crawling on all fours would work if the tail had a kness, mermaid uses her hands, and wiggles her tail at the knee, and "stands" on her knee when fighting, although this disables mobile land combat

like i said before, it would be cool to have a transforming mermaid race, and a race that is constantly  in a tail, so we could have some variety.

Cool would be good if they had the scaly legs when on land like Sims3 or possibly normal legs that turn scaly as they get wet in rain? Love to see them stranded & flopping on land if they get wet by water :)

mmmm, tails in the rain would be waaaay too much of a handicap, and im not sure how scaled legs in the rain would work, but good idea

Cool would be good if they had the scaly legs when on land like Sims3 or possibly normal legs that turn scaly as they get wet in rain? Love to see them stranded & flopping on land if they get wet by water :)

mmmm, tails in the rain would be waaaay too much of a handicap, and im not sure how scaled legs in the rain would work, but good idea

Well, if you're a water creature on land you got to take some risks, probably why they aren't seen much on land :)

There was a cool TV series about teen mermaids called H2O which meant they couldn't get wet from rain or even a split cup of water without forced transformation. Maybe the amount of water gives a chance to resist or just initial partial transformation of scaly legs exposing them to everyone.

Of course transforming whilst wearing armor sheathing the legs could be disabilitating till the armor was removed.

Maybe they need to wear a drysuit or a protective spell  :)

Well, if you're a water creature on land you got to take some risks, probably why they aren't seen much on land :)

Maybe they need to wear a drysuit or a spell  :)

oh my lord, cbbe catsuits remade as wetsuits

i dont think there is anyone working on it. EB for example offerend help (even though not 100% meremaid, but naga is quite close though) but was received sarcastic replies. i'm not surprised she/he left off here. i would probably do the same, if i offer help and get offensive feedback.

i dont think there is anyone working on it. EB for example offerend help (even though not 100% meremaid, but naga is quite close though) but was received sarcastic replies. i'm not surprised she/he left off here. i would probably do the same, if i offer help and get offensive feedback.

non of the replies where offensive, we just let him/her know that finned nagas wherent what we where aiming for, but he just got oversensative and left

and read page 9, TheOtherGuy talks about his bone weighing progress.

He/she did not offer any help, he/she was asking people to motivate him/her on a project that he/she already left that he/she thought is similar to mermaids, which isn't. He/she is acquiring from mermaid fans to like his/her naga, and insists nagas are better than mermaids, on a mermaid thread, which is offensive. He/she could not make their own naga thread, so instead posted on a mermaid thread hoping to convert mermaid fans to naga fans, which is disrespectful to the thread starter.

Regardless that person is gone now, and shouldn't be talked about anymore because it has nothing to do with mermaids. It only lengthens the thread and makes people who are true mermaid fans confused.

He/she did not offer any help, he/she was asking people to motivate him/her on a project that he/she already left that he/she thought is similar to mermaids, which isn't. He/she is acquiring from mermaid fans to like his/her naga, and insists nagas are better than mermaids, on a mermaid thread, which is offensive. He/she could not make their own naga thread, so instead posted on a mermaid thread hoping to convert mermaid fans to naga fans, which is disrespectful to the thread starter.

Regardless that person is gone now, and shouldn't be talked about anymore because it has nothing to do with mermaids. It only lengthens the thread and makes people who are true mermaid fans confused.

if we already write in public, good luck then finding someone that is stupid enough to bow to any of you^^. instead of seen similarity in the models you picked the difference, nothing i would do if i would want something to be finished, but hey, as said, good luck :D unfortunately it still seems that nobody is really working on the things you like, else there would be any progress, too bad.

Better than having something that someone is working on (or not), that no one or very few people like, you have to hijack another thread, and pretend they are the same thing to have people like your work. Besides I believe in the previous pages there are a couple of guys posting their progress. Honestly, I think these people constantly trying to convert this into a naga thread are the ones uninspiring people to continue making a mermaid, and the constant arguing. Who would want to get back to a thread half filled with arguements. If you are smart enough, you would go make your own naga thread after being indirectly told to get lost, coming back here to post how you were unwelcomed is not really gonna help your naga project either.

Too bad that this thread ended up in this kind of childish argument and therefore it is unlikely to get finished. I was really looking forward to a pure mermaid mod. :(

oi, we still have to wait and see what progress is being made by TheOtherGuy, if he stops working on it, then heck, this is dead. <:I

i'd really like to see this get done however, this topic was the first reason i made an account on here.

What people seem to fail to realize is the hard part of this mod is making the tail. Which, a naga mod WOULD SOLVE. You could then use the new skeleton for said mod to put a mermaid tail on instead, and presto, mermaid mod (Not quite that simple, but still easier than one from scratch). It's times like this I wish there was a "dislike this" option to posts instead of just a like.

What people seem to fail to realize is the hard part of this mod is making the tail. Which, a naga mod WOULD SOLVE. You could then use the new skeleton for said mod to put a mermaid tail on instead, and presto, mermaid mod (Not quite that simple, but still easier than one from scratch). It's times like this I wish there was a "dislike this" option to posts instead of just a like.

i think he dude that was making the naga said, well, he was making a naga

now if he gave out an obj. for the progress he maid, then hell, he would have seriously helped this topic out by giving us mesh options, instead, he just sort of derailed it off into another topic about other monster girls and took Firepower's disinterest as a personal attack

and im pretty sure he isnt going to help out now, by letting people mess with his naga obj. infact im feeling pretty certain he deleted the mesh, altogether

now then, back on the topic?

now then, back on the topic?

Oh please let's get back to topic.

I hope the guy working on the mermaid tail isn't going to require thousands of signatures to inspire him to continue his project. This is the main reason why I also signed up on this site after finding its link on another site. That makes two of us now. I am pretty sure there are tons more people that would love to see this mod, they just have not found out about it yet. When this gets completed, I am so sure there would even be more people that will be happy. Me and Mtaman and many others I don't know yet would really love to have mermaids in our game, although we may have different purpose, but we know having a mermaid would make our game so much better. I hope I don't have to learn to create a tail to see this mod. And can we also please keep our topic focused on getting the tail done first. I think it might pressure the creators if we keep suggesting more complicated things when the tail hasn't even been done yet. I hope those suggestions didn't come off as demanding, it is not their obligation to do it, they just do it because they want to make the community happy. Right now, I take what I can get,  I would be very happy to just see a mermaid tail done, even without the transformation thing. Once it's materialized, then maybe we can go to the next step.

firepower02... *sigh* I don't know how to start, but let's try it like this:

No, of course you are not the only one who would like to see a mermaid mod. I am pretty sure you'll find out yourself by reading through this entire thread again that nearly EVERYONE posted something related to this topic.

First of all, this forum's main purpose is to discuss things, that's what people do to inspire creators of new mods, to improve them and to give out ideas and suggestions TOGETHER with the creator. Nobody is "demanding" anything, nobody is setting pressure to the creator and everyone is aware of the fact that it's all for fun and personal amusement. That is why everyone here loves the mod creators for the awesome jobs they are doing - and that is why it should be a matter of course that everyone atleast talks respectfully and well-mannered when posting something, even if they disagree with a different opinion.

As for you, I had the feeling that you somehow lack the beforementioned manners when you rudely drove off EternalBlack who is a great mod creator and could have been a huge help to this mod. EB never tried to lure anyone to another thread but I really understand the reaction of leaving this thread for good after such hostility.

On a side note, your remark that vaginas are smelly was quite rude and immature, as it is a rather vexing statement and outright discriminatory. Don't expect other people to take you seriously anymore if you don't treat others with respect yourself. 

Just get used to the fact that WIP threads always have a lot excited people that are glad about a new mod that is relevant to their interests, ESPECIALLY when it still is at such an early stage of development. And my intention was not to start a fight or anything, I just think it was already enough to blame EB and act as if you were speaking for everyone. Now quit blaming people who suggest ideas, that's simply uncalled-for.

Ta ta!

well, back, on topic, for real this time

do you guys think this should stay a female only mod? im guessing that transferring a male torso to the tail, and giving a diff pair of genitals will most definitely be possible, but im seriously doubting anyone here is even thinking about mermen, so the only way i can imagine that ever happening is if this becomes a two gendered race mod, thoughts?

Just my two cents: I think it would be entirely possible to create a tail mesh over the normal human skeleton. I've watched a few dolphin videos, and the movement isn't so exaggerated that normal leg bones can't do it. You just have to create smooth animations.

Hmm I wonder if it's possible for someone to make it so they could swim faster when holding sprint... actually that would be amazing just in general so that if you say hold sprint at the surface of water (while swimming obviously) you'll do freestyle swimming and thus move faster than just with the games breaststroke.