So got bored and figured I try and see if I could contribute something, so I had a go at making a mermaid, if any one ones the model to skin and rig let me know. Still need to do textures which I plan on doing tomorrow.

Still working on the textures but here we go.

Is it only me or does this look like a rip off of EB's work (I wouldn't be suprised if he leaves again)? Sure the head topic is "Meremaids" but out of 4372848902734 shapes possible he's chosen to go with same idea of EB's still accessible and human like genitals.

Nothing wrong with keeping good ideas but I'm getting sick of people that can't come up with anything by themselves.

Since your contribution to anything around here has been NONE percent, STFU.

ON THE UPSIDE . . . my first thought when seeing it was "oh hey look... a 2nd body style in the same race. similar but not the same."

[edit] putting both bodies as part of a race mod would be a fabulous idea.

Since your contribution to anything around here has been NONE percent, STFU.

ON THE UPSIDE . . . my first thought when seeing it was "oh hey look... a 2nd body style in the same race. similar but not the same."

[edit] putting both bodies as part of a race mod would be a fabulous idea.

I totally agree with you Brukes! And even if Xenos used EB's idea to implement genitals to the model like that, so what? EB's idea was great and Xenos did a good job to go along with that. This way it can be merged easier anyway.

So please, everyone can express their opinion even if it means that the person is absolutely disagreeing with something. But keep your obvious and useless hater-comments to yourself.

A little heads up here: I'm currently creating a mermaid worldspace. First glimpses and problems below, no LOD yet, not much underwater stuff there yet but I'm slowly getting somewhere. My test "mermaid" is a blueskinned Breton with a necklace of waterbreathing. :)

post-145952-0-61485500-1386628987_thumb.jpg

post-145952-0-67948600-1386629004_thumb.jpg

post-145952-0-04447700-1386629022_thumb.jpg

post-145952-0-00066000-1386629035_thumb.jpg

post-145952-0-46797900-1386629062_thumb.jpg

Hm, so our mermaids won't be living in the northern sea? No problem, I can southify the land- and waterscape. :) Sadly, the vanilla beaches suck. I may have to borrow some textures from Seasons of Skyrim or Tropical. So, who wants ice and who wants sunny beaches? :)

Someone else will have to create quests, I can't script my way out of a paperbag.

A little heads up here: I'm currently creating a mermaid worldspace. First glimpses and problems below, no LOD yet, not much underwater stuff there yet but I'm slowly getting somewhere. My test "mermaid" is a blueskinned Breton with a necklace of waterbreathing. :)

Your 'throne' makes me wonder about some lore. . . 

The mermaids could be a subrace of Dwemer that missed the Celestial Migration. And are distant cousins to the Falmer who also missed the CM and are generationally devolved descendants of Dwemer.

(I know that's not official the Falmer backstory, but I like it better. (= )

Great job Suludi, that is what I was talking about. A sea-based race also needs a sea-based surrounding. I mean, of course there could still be a possibility that a mermaid PC decided to visit the human world out of pure interest or maybe because there is some huge trouble going on in the mermaid realm which requires the PC to search for a solution beyond the waterworld or anything like that.

However, there still are some questions. A huge underwater realm needs enemies. A lot of enemies. And preferably more than just two different species. As you already stated, there are different problems with quests as well. It would need a fair amount of them and they also need to be convincing as in meeting quality standards of immersion (I could try and offer help with the story or lore or whatever you wanna call it - but I share the problem of so many other community members: no programming/scripting skills :( ). Last but not least, what could be a reason to stay in that water realm or pay it another visit after everything has been done? Right, a dynamic environment (such as towns with different opportunities to influence interaction) or events that would make it look random and animate.

A huge underwater city (similar to Atlantis or anything, inhabitated by mermaids etc.) could also offer the possibility of a background to your mermaid character. A place where the PC came from or lives, maybe a house? Maybe a family or a dynasty which you are part of?

Sorry if I get a bit too excited here, I just think that this mod is full of potential! I am already loving it although there is nothing really "concrete" yet. :)

Hm, so our mermaids won't be living in the northern sea? No problem, I can southify the land- and waterscape. :) Sadly, the vanilla beaches suck. I may have to borrow some textures from Seasons of Skyrim or Tropical. So, who wants ice and who wants sunny beaches? :)

Someone else will have to create quests, I can't script my way out of a paperbag.

Sunny beaches!

Great job Suludi, that is what I was talking about. A sea-based race also needs a sea-based surrounding. I mean, of course there could still be a possibility that a mermaid PC decided to visit the human world out of pure interest or maybe because there is some huge trouble going on in the mermaid realm which requires the PC to search for a solution beyond the waterworld or anything like that.

However, there still are some questions. A huge underwater realm needs enemies. A lot of enemies. And preferably more than just two different species. As you already stated, there are different problems with quests as well. It would need a fair amount of them and they also need to be convincing as in meeting quality standards of immersion (I could try and offer help with the story or lore or whatever you wanna call it - but I share the problem of so many other community members: no programming/scripting skills :( ). Last but not least, what could be a reason to stay in that water realm or pay it another visit after everything has been done? Right, a dynamic environment (such as towns with different opportunities to influence interaction) or events that would make it look random and animate.

A huge underwater city (similar to Atlantis or anything, inhabitated by mermaids etc.) could also offer the possibility of a background to your mermaid character. A place where the PC came from or lives, maybe a house? Maybe a family or a dynasty which you are part of?

Sorry if I get a bit too excited here, I just think that this mod is full of potential! I am already loving it although there is nothing really "concrete" yet. :)

Kyubi, if you have ideas for a story/quest, mind if i help out, ive got some ideas cooked up

I'm glad you like it. :)

One huge problem is that you can't fight underwater. I added a huge slaughterfish for fun and he murdered my poor mermaid in a second. Fighting underwater would require a lot of scripting. Swimming is exceptionally slow, too. Nevertheless, I'm having fun creating that underwater world.

Here's The Chasm with a 10 ft slaughterfish and a terrified mermaid.

post-145952-0-15946700-1386637614_thumb.jpg

post-145952-0-25435300-1386637630_thumb.jpg

post-145952-0-07141400-1386637671_thumb.jpg

post-145952-0-96834400-1386637689_thumb.jpg

Maybe two races of mermaids to fill the demands of the community. One that is a traditional mermaid that will always be a mermaid, although if they would always be a mermaid with tail, I don't get why they would want to go on land where it's not their natural habitat, and they would have difficulty with everything, only to get fried and cooked. The other more liberated mermaid that can have legs at will, at will so that they can choose to have  tails on land whenever they feel like it, and another chance for the mermaid on land animations to be utilized.

I'm glad you like it. :)

One huge problem is that you can't fight underwater. I added a huge slaughterfish for fun and he murdered my poor mermaid in a second. Fighting underwater would require a lot of scripting. Swimming is exceptionally slow, too. Nevertheless, I'm having fun creating that underwater world.

Here's The Chasm with a 10 ft slaughterfish and a terrified mermaid.

*facepalms*

Sure, you are right! The PC can't fight underwater! >.<'

I did not have that in mind the entire time.

Hmmmm... this makes it even more difficult I think. As you said, it's either a lot of scripting or leaving out the fighting part completely. But then there would be the danger that it might get too dull so the quests and anything else need to make up for it WITHOUT the entire element of battle or enemy encounter.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think we would also need a lot of new animations for the entire underwater fun, right? And I am not only speaking of any sex animation here. Or is there any way to convert those with relatively decent effort?

Anyway Suludi, those pictures look great already! Please keep more of that underwater world coming! :)

EDIT: Of course you could "join me" with those stories, manta. However, I don't even know if my (or then: our) help is needed in the first place!  :lol:

Thank you, and I will. :)

Since sex animations go TCL anyway, I think they're quite easy to convert. And since the slaughterfish can fight "HandTohandMelee" underwater, maybe it's possible to simply copy its basic abilities. If our mermaids had a spear, they could just stab their enemies.

Maybe two races of mermaids to fill the demands of the community. One that is a traditional mermaid that will always be a mermaid, although if they would always be a mermaid with tail, I don't get why they would want to go on land where it's not their natural habitat, and they would have difficulty with everything, only to get fried and cooked. The other more liberated mermaid that can have legs at will, at will so that they can choose to have  tails on land whenever they feel like it, and another chance for the mermaid on land animations to be utilized.

oi, nice idea firepower

I think it's impractical to have any type of sword swinging fighting in water. It's hard enough to walk in water, let alone swing a sword. How about enabling shouts/powers/mermaid magic underwater instead? That wouldn't be terribly hard to implement. At least I think.

oi, i cant imagine houts or magic

shouting underwater would deplete air, fire most likely wouldnt be effective, lightning seems dangerous for everyone involved and ice...ice just might work

if we consider any weapon underwater though, it should be daggers

The thing about mermaids is they won't have difficulty swinging swords or axes underwater because, they are mermaids, they've adapted to movement in water. They lived underwater almost their entire life, so they most likely mastered every type of combat down there. They can also use magic impressively. I guess that is part of their being a mermaid. If it's a human underwater, that's where the problem of sword swinging come in. I don't know why you keep giving yourselves problems of mermaids not being able to swing a sword, or use magic underwater, except for destruction magic, since fire can't be underwater, but other schools of magic are completely castable underwater.

Well, that's where the problem kicks in. First, they don't have underwater combat, and second if they do, they would have slow movement because they are not used underwater, (but it's only fair because permanent mermaids would be handicapped on land), third, they couldn't stay long underwater because they would run out of air, except argonians. Why would a non mermaid want to go underwater? It would be too dangerous for them, maybe they should be friend a mermaid first to grant them mermaid strength or equip a fake mermaid tail that also grants them same mermaid skills.

Well, that's where the problem kicks in. First, they don't have underwater combat, and second if they do, they would have slow movement because they are not used underwater, (but it's only fair because permanent mermaids would be handicapped on land), third, they couldn't stay long underwater because they would run out of air, except argonians. Why would a non mermaid want to go underwater? It would be too dangerous for them, maybe they should be friend a mermaid first to grant them mermaid strength.

i swear, these mermaid allies are going to make the concept of underwater dungeons filled with enemies a tolerable thing

edit: and yes, Suludi, tridents are a must now.

for a moment, i forgot that i was in an adult skyrim forum, oi, how are most of the sex animations even gonna work?

oi, anyway, i had an npc made for the whole water breathin thing, he's an argonian vendor on the docks of riften, and he sells enchanted water breathing necklaces