[mod] Character Body Overhaul

4 minutes ago, Durante said:

Yes you were absolutely right, I had a suspicion too. Unfortunately disabling coetus anima unrecognizably alters the appearance of my ruler and all other NPC's, effectively my save and playthrough is gone... Do you know a way which coetus anima files to delete to stop this purge? I would be grateful

Never used it, i would try remove "common/on_action/coetus_anima_pop_control.txt", see if that prevents it. Could also be some of the events are responsible.

Maybe others used the mod more, they know what needs to be removed, might be better to also ask on the mods thread.

5 hours ago, csirke128 said:

Never used it, i would try remove "common/on_action/coetus_anima_pop_control.txt", see if that prevents it. Could also be some of the events are responsible.

Maybe others used the mod more, they know what needs to be removed, might be better to also ask on the mods thread.

Thanks, that works.

Edited by Durante
6 minutes ago, RationalPervert said:

Hi. I was able to download and unzip CBO, but Steam shows an error: "the path in this mod's descriptor file is invalid or does not exist"

Can someone let me know where to move the files so the pathway is correct? Thanks

Hi! Open the char_body_overhaul.mod then replace the path into this

path="mod/char_body_overhaul/"

2 hours ago, xazex said:

Hi! Open the char_body_overhaul.mod then replace the path into this

path="mod/char_body_overhaul/"

I'm assuming you're referring to the MOD file which my computers (windows if that matters) interprets as some sort of video and can't open. All my workshop mods also have this, but I've never needed to edit them before - only the text files. What app should I get to edit the MOD file, assuming that is the right course of action?

Screenshot2024-04-12235410.png.a1dec2b5c02a3a83a1f510e47673723a.png

That's what it looks like. Thanks again!

17 minutes ago, RationalPervert said:

I'm assuming you're referring to the MOD file which my computers (windows if that matters) interprets as some sort of video and can't open. All my workshop mods also have this, but I've never needed to edit them before - only the text files. What app should I get to edit the MOD file, assuming that is the right course of action?

Screenshot2024-04-12235410.png.a1dec2b5c02a3a83a1f510e47673723a.png

That's what it looks like. Thanks again!

oh thats easy. right click the .mod file > Open With > Choose another app > check the check box always open with > select notepad > Done!

every .mod extension will now be opened in notepad.

On 3/31/2024 at 3:11 AM, csirke128 said:

New version, that is more polished:

https://mega.nz/file/p8sXyIBa#y364NEkaJx5XPCXdBwFaoFU_knkauJaJLBnSzZsbJCM

I think the last updated date on the animations were just paradox trolling me, as i dont see any difference between the new and old ones, so i'll just ignore them.

Tried organizing the .asset files for the male/female body/head file better, so its easier to patch against other mods or base game.

Load order:

Carnalitas 2.5

(other Carnalitas mods that don't add or modify sex scenes)

CBO 1.8.4

CBO 1.12.1 Unofficial fix 1.8

(Carnalitas mods that add or modify sex scenes)

(CBO patches for mods that add clothing, or other mods depending on CBO)

Better Barbershop (optional)

There is still a crash after i loaded the new fix .Only loeded Carnalitas 2.5,CBO 1.8.4,CBO 1.12.1 Unoffical fix 1.8. Here is the error log. Could you please help find out whatz going on?

error.log

20 minutes ago, DLeo19890604 said:

There is still a crash after i loaded the new fix .Only loeded Carnalitas 2.5,CBO 1.8.4,CBO 1.12.1 Unoffical fix 1.8. Here is the error log. Could you please help find out whatz going on?

error.log 817.56 kB · 0 downloads

Hi, you have some pretty weird errors, like this:

[11:29:51][portraitanimations.cpp:58]: Unknown animation state 'qanun_idle' scripted for portrait animation 'qanun_idle' in default (part 'head', type 'male')
[11:29:51][portraitanimations.cpp:58]: Unknown animation state 'qanun_idle' scripted for portrait animation 'qanun_idle' in default (part 'torso', type 'male')

Can you make sure, your base game version is 1.12.*, these animations were added by 1.12.*

These errors are also pretty weird:

[11:29:25][pdx_entity.cpp:3238]: Duplicate of female_clothes_revealing_2_indian_01_entity added to entity system

[11:29:25][pdx_entity.cpp:3238]: Duplicate of female_clothes_revealing_2_indian_01_common_entity added to entity system

[11:29:27][pdx_entity.cpp:586]: Could not find blend shape "m_clothes_rev_2_byzantine_02_bs_hips_max" for attribute "bs_body_hips_max" in entity "male_clothes_revealing_2_byzantine_02_low_entity"
[11:29:27][pdx_entity.cpp:586]: Could not find blend shape "m_clothes_rev_2_byzantine_02_bs_hips_min" for attribute "bs_body_hips_min" in entity "male_clothes_revealing_2_byzantine_02_low_entity"
[11:29:27][pdx_entity.cpp:586]: Could not find blend shape "m_clothes_rev_2_byzantine_02_bs_infant" for attribute "bs_body_infant_1" in entity "male_clothes_revealing_2_byzantine_02_low_entity"

Could it be you merged 2 different versions of CBO? CBO folder should be around 3.76GB

On 4/2/2024 at 7:32 PM, csirke128 said:

Hi, there is not much in that log, can you try with Carnaliatas only, and then Carnalitas + CBO 1.8.4? Can you check if you run out of memory during startup?

Hi. Sorry to take so long getting back on this -- other stuff distracted me.

"Carnaliatas only" did not crash. "Carnalitas + CBO 1.8.4" crashed, error log attached. It did not run out of memory.

error.log

10 hours ago, csirke128 said:

Hi, you have some pretty weird errors, like this:

[11:29:51][portraitanimations.cpp:58]: Unknown animation state 'qanun_idle' scripted for portrait animation 'qanun_idle' in default (part 'head', type 'male')
[11:29:51][portraitanimations.cpp:58]: Unknown animation state 'qanun_idle' scripted for portrait animation 'qanun_idle' in default (part 'torso', type 'male')

Can you make sure, your base game version is 1.12.*, these animations were added by 1.12.*

These errors are also pretty weird:

[11:29:25][pdx_entity.cpp:3238]: Duplicate of female_clothes_revealing_2_indian_01_entity added to entity system

[11:29:25][pdx_entity.cpp:3238]: Duplicate of female_clothes_revealing_2_indian_01_common_entity added to entity system

[11:29:27][pdx_entity.cpp:586]: Could not find blend shape "m_clothes_rev_2_byzantine_02_bs_hips_max" for attribute "bs_body_hips_max" in entity "male_clothes_revealing_2_byzantine_02_low_entity"
[11:29:27][pdx_entity.cpp:586]: Could not find blend shape "m_clothes_rev_2_byzantine_02_bs_hips_min" for attribute "bs_body_hips_min" in entity "male_clothes_revealing_2_byzantine_02_low_entity"
[11:29:27][pdx_entity.cpp:586]: Could not find blend shape "m_clothes_rev_2_byzantine_02_bs_infant" for attribute "bs_body_infant_1" in entity "male_clothes_revealing_2_byzantine_02_low_entity"

Could it be you merged 2 different versions of CBO? CBO folder should be around 3.76GB

Thanks a lot for your reply! I don't know whether i merged 2 different ver. of CBO, but my CBO is literally larger than 3.76(about 5G). I'' delete the folder and download a new one. Thanks again

4 hours ago, zargod said:

Hi. Sorry to take so long getting back on this -- other stuff distracted me.

"Carnaliatas only" did not crash. "Carnalitas + CBO 1.8.4" crashed, error log attached. It did not run out of memory.

error.log 207.29 kB · 0 downloads

Hi, can you also add the unofficial fix?

The errors seems to be due to it missing, not seeing much else that is going wrong.

2 minutes ago, Dehlaz said:

Is this mod dependent on Carnaliatas? I looked at the OP but I didn't see any explicit mention one way or the other.

Yes, this mod requires Carnalitas.

For current version, here is the load order and unofficial fix, as the mod is currently not up to date (the unofficial fix still requires the original CBO 1.8.4)

Also, in the mod page, there is a Requires section, Carnalitas is mentioned there

On 4/14/2024 at 6:33 PM, csirke128 said:

Hi, can you also add the unofficial fix?

The errors seems to be due to it missing, not seeing much else that is going wrong.

Yes, that was what I was running before I ran "Carnaliatas only" and then "Carnalitas + CBO 1.8.4", at your request.

So, per your latest request, I have run Carn+CBO+Fix again (I even redownloaded the fix to make sure it was the latest version -- it is in fact the same version that I was running previously). It again crashes. Attached is the error log. Yes, it is unusually short -- same as it was last time I ran (and crashed with) these three mods. I even re-ran it a second time to check, but again got a very short error log. I will reboot and attempt a third time, to see if that makes any difference.

error.log

17 minutes ago, zargod said:

I will reboot and attempt a third time, to see if that makes any difference.

Rebooting created a longer error log (attached).

Given that the penultimate line was "[21:20:37][pdx_assert.cpp:619]: Assertion failed: hr returned: Not enough storage is available to complete this operation." I will assume that you again want me to "check if you run out of memory during startup". This may be difficult, as the crash tends to nuke the display (blank grey screen) until I either reboot or log-off.

Re-ran it with Task Manager running to check memory (I also thought to kill off my web-browser, in case it was causing it to run out of memory). It still crashed, but brought me back to the desktop more orderly (no greyscreen). It also generated a different error log (attached as error2.log). When it crashed, my system was using only 10GB out of 16GB of memory (so I doubt if browser would have made a difference).

error.log

error2.log

Edited by zargod
Further update

for the thousand time.

[21:30:17][pdx_localize.cpp:267]: Localization key hash collision. Key 'HEADER_CRUSADER_KINGS_3' and '' have the same hash: -1152606037. 

if you have this, you have a failed Pirate version of the game. the game will keep on getting corrupted. and start to delete stuff.

Unless you fire up your original game steam version once in a while. 

all right, so don't blame modders or anybody else. but in the past it worked cutting out the game from the steam directory and doing stuff.

Well already explained, new paradox security system. 

8 hours ago, Drake_Hound said:

if you have this, you have a failed Pirate version of the game.

If you think that, then your logic has a hole in it somewhere. My game is registered on Steam (probably also bought directly through Steam, but I can't remember back that far -- it would have been 3-4 years ago), installed via Steam, and "fired up" via Steam.

I am not sure what the error message you quoted means -- but it clearly does not always mean what you think it means.

So, before you say this 'for the thousand and first time', I would suggest that you get your facts straight!

I am not denying the possibility that CK3 may be getting confused and may think I have a pirated version. In which case, I need to find out how to correct this. Should I delete CK3 and do a clean reinstall from Steam?

Yes before doing that, in your paradox interactive/ crusader kings 3 folder, copy/backup over the mods you want to keep, your save games and your rulers and COA (if you made any)

Then delete the whole crusader kings 3 document folder. 

Then uninstall your ck3 and make sure the whole steam app folder where CK3 is located is clean (so nothing left in it)

Then reinstall, and just see if that error shows up again, it shouldn't cause that error can disable DLC and other stuff and delete stuff on the fly, causing huge amount of errors later. 

Hey do the animations work with all court types? I tried to mod out but i only ever seemed to get it to work with the Indian courts. In all other courts the two characters just sit naked on their thrones with the animation selection screen to the right. Have tried moving around my load order a thousand different ways but im starting to think this issue is somewhere else. Appreciate the help! :)

50 minutes ago, fablo21 said:

Hey do the animations work with all court types? I tried to mod out but i only ever seemed to get it to work with the Indian courts. In all other courts the two characters just sit naked on their thrones with the animation selection screen to the right. Have tried moving around my load order a thousand different ways but im starting to think this issue is somewhere else. Appreciate the help! :)

Hi, can you share your load order?

I dont think there is anything special about the different court rooms, unless you have some mod that changes court rooms, like CFP, ROA, AGOT and so on. For those, you will need a compatibility patch.

Its also possible you have some other mod that changes court rooms.

The way the mod works, is that it sets a flag, that there is a sex scene ongoing, and this is supposed to disable all the court rooms, except the ones with the bedrooms. So maybe you have a mod that changes the other court rooms so it doesnt prevent them from working at sex scenes, and just triggers the original court room, and animations wont work there.

3 hours ago, csirke128 said:

Hi, can you share your load order?

I dont think there is anything special about the different court rooms, unless you have some mod that changes court rooms, like CFP, ROA, AGOT and so on. For those, you will need a compatibility patch.

Its also possible you have some other mod that changes court rooms.

The way the mod works, is that it sets a flag, that there is a sex scene ongoing, and this is supposed to disable all the court rooms, except the ones with the bedrooms. So maybe you have a mod that changes the other court rooms so it doesnt prevent them from working at sex scenes, and just triggers the original court room, and animations wont work there.

Yeah sure thing! This is what im working with atm:

From what you said Im guessing then the most likely issue would have something to do with CFP/EPE ? However I do think I got all the required patches for that so maybe its something with the load order. For now Ill try to just disable everything that could be related to the court mechanics and move on from there.

Screenshot 2024-04-17 002830.png

Screenshot 2024-04-17 002937.png

Screenshot 2024-04-17 002916.png

On 4/12/2024 at 7:23 PM, csirke128 said:

Hi, attaching a patch, just extract it over the CBO Unofficial fix, it will move the photo mode button to the right top corner, so its not hidden by the dialoge box.

CBO 1.12.1 Unofficial fix + Free Camera.zip 9.37 kB · 59 downloads

Hello do you know how to change camera a bit more to the left or on how to customise it I looked into it's very big I don't want to mess it up

On 4/15/2024 at 11:23 AM, zargod said:

Rebooting created a longer error log (attached).

Given that the penultimate line was "[21:20:37][pdx_assert.cpp:619]: Assertion failed: hr returned: Not enough storage is available to complete this operation." I will assume that you again want me to "check if you run out of memory during startup". This may be difficult, as the crash tends to nuke the display (blank grey screen) until I either reboot or log-off.

Re-ran it with Task Manager running to check memory (I also thought to kill off my web-browser, in case it was causing it to run out of memory). It still crashed, but brought me back to the desktop more orderly (no greyscreen). It also generated a different error log (attached as error2.log). When it crashed, my system was using only 10GB out of 16GB of memory (so I doubt if browser would have made a difference).

error.log 36.07 kB · 4 downloads

error2.log 50.16 kB · 6 downloads

Can you check, if you have some page file set up? I still think its somehow related to memory. I guess you can also try switch to Vulkan, maybe that behaves differently.

7 hours ago, fablo21 said:

Yeah sure thing! This is what im working with atm:

From what you said Im guessing then the most likely issue would have something to do with CFP/EPE ? However I do think I got all the required patches for that so maybe its something with the load order. For now Ill try to just disable everything that could be related to the court mechanics and move on from there.

Screenshot 2024-04-17 002830.png

Screenshot 2024-04-17 002937.png

Screenshot 2024-04-17 002916.png

Hi, you should try remove #3, its redundant. #33 is out of date and not needed.

Not sure if Lazys Skimpy Accessories is compatible with EPE, do you see some naked people around?

Otherwise seems good, hopefully issue is caused by #33 somehow.

5 hours ago, randomdu31 said:

Hello do you know how to change camera a bit more to the left or on how to customise it I looked into it's very big I don't want to mess it up

Hi, do you mean the screenshot button?

button_round  = {
			visible = "[And( Not( VariableSystem.Exists('royal_court_screenshot_window' ) ), RoyalCourtWindow.IsActiveThroneTab )]"
			size = { 50 50 }
			onclick = "[VariableSystem.Set('royal_court_screenshot_window', 'yes')]"
			onclick = "[RoyalCourtWindow.OpenScreenshotWindow]"
			alpha = 0.4
			tooltip = "ROYAL_COURT_SCREENSHOT_BUTTON_TT"
			using = tooltip_nw
			parentanchor = top|right
			position = {-15 100}

If you change the "position" part in line 1103, you can move the button around. Right now its -15 from the right, so its 15 units to the left of the right edge, and 100 is down from the top edge. Changing it to like -50 would move the button further to the left.

Moving the camera in the courtrooms without the free camera mod would involve changing

char_body_overhaul\gfx\court_scene\scene_settings\scene_settings_bedroom_mediterranean_1_g3.txt

I think you would need to change the camera positions there, but havent experimented with those yet.

description="Bed View"
		fov=50.000000
		position={ 275.000000 180.000000 500.000000 }
		pitch=20.000000
		yaw=-90.000000

You would probably also need to change it for all court rooms