CollaTKaine Tools with Tutorials

25 minutes ago, Daspex said:

Hi All,

CTK tools v3.2 with tutorials.

Unzip into your work directory and read the tutorials.

Happy modding.

All Credits

Raistin Kane for this awesome software.

CollaTKane_v3.2_.7z 2.44 MB · 0 downloads CTK_Tutorial_part1-Toys.pdf 1.67 MB · 0 downloads CTK_Tutorial_part2-Rooms.pdf 4.74 MB · 0 downloads CTK. ClothGuide 26.12.16.pdf 2.66 MB · 0 downloads

Friggin' awesome! Been looking for the Rooms tutorial! THANK YOU!!

1 hour ago, EJAX said:

Friggin' awesome! Been looking for the Rooms tutorial! THANK YOU!!

one warning: it is a bit outdated. when it comes to compiling your Collada export file using CollaTkane, you better use one of the example batch files provided (copy it, edit it to yours needs and run)

tip: don't let Blender triangulate the meshes when exporting to a Collada file. Leave that to CollaTKane which does a far better job.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

There's a minor issue with VX addons produced by the latest version of CollaTKane.

The program itself is fine but there is an tiny flaw in the support files and example batch files.

All addon script files should start with a line containing this header "//BSB6".

If this line isn't there, the loading process will slow down a bit because the engine checks the rest of the file to see if it is valid BS code.

A bit of time * 3 to 9 *.bs files per addon * number of addons... it all adds up.

It's not a game breaker (no panic!) but it can very easily be fixed by updating some of the template files used by CollaTKane.

Download the attached archive "Extra_File.zip" and extract the contents to your \CollaTKane\Setting\Extra_File folder.

Extra_File.zip

Next step it to add a line to your project batch file(s) to automatically insert the //BSB header info in the addon main scene file:

-es "/CollaTKane/Setting/Extra_File/bsb_header.txt" 2 ^

(note: edit the path to your installation)

There's another small issue we can fix with another extra line in the batch files.

The Icon that is used by your addon should be accompanied by the right *.txf file like this:

copy /y /MD \CollaTKane\Icons\Icon.png "Addons\VX.MarburgRoom40.Tavern\Images\Q=Tex032M\Luder\GUI\MarburgRoom40_Icon.png"
copy /y "\CollaTKane\Setting\Extra_File\txfOpaque.txt" "Addons\VX.MarburgRoom40.Tavern\Images\Q=Tex032M\Luder\GUI\MarburgRoom40_Icon.txf"

(again: edit the paths to your situation !)

I have added the txfOpaque.txt to the Extra_File templates. If the addon uses a transparent icon, use txfAlphaMask.txt or txfAlphaBlend.txt instead.

copy /y "\CollaTKane\Setting\Extra_File\txfAlphaMask.txt" "Addons\VX.MarburgRoom40.Tavern\Images\Q=Tex032M\Luder\GUI\MarburgRoom40_Icon.txf"

Missing *.txf files also slow down the loading process. the Icon file has to be checked to see how it has to be displayed and the missing *.txf fle will be logged as an error.

Not a big deal but once again, it all adds up and every microsecond counts when you're processing thousands of files.

• 2 years later...

I downloaded " CollaTKane v3.2 .7z" but there is not any explain how to we install to Blender patch or what ever. There is "CollaTKane.exe" . when I start it there is not comming anything. SO I don't know and remember how to patch it to blender. Btw my blender in the STEAM.

1.JPG

Edited by _SS10_
On 3/27/2024 at 12:49 AM, _SS10_ said:

I downloaded " CollaTKane v3.2 .7z" but there is not any explain how to we install to Blender patch or what ever. There is "CollaTKane.exe" . when I start it there is not comming anything. SO I don't know and remember how to patch it to blender. Btw my blender in the STEAM.

1.JPG

Hi!

ctk tools are used to compile the scene.dae file Into a tk17 addon.The addons you will create have to be saved AS "scene.dae",after that you can make a batch file that uses that scene file.I think if you Start the ctktool.exe with /? or /h,it is showing up a help  screen like  the most exe files do.

Edited by Daspex