Try running skse64_loader as an administrator.

Im new to this all modding thing and i just want to install few adult mods. I use Mod organizer 2 and skyrim special edition latest version. I use windows 10 and my system req.s are just fine. i keep on getting an error that tells me to "try running skse64_loader as an administrator." when i try to run the game from the mod organizor. When i run it as admin and run it in the skyrim's root file it obviously works but without the mods. If I make it so that its always run with the administrator,and run it from mod organizor it also wants me to run mod organizer as administrator as well. If I also do that and try to run the game from mod organizor it just doesnt do anything. No errors no pop-ups. Please help.

On 2/21/2021 at 11:09 PM, micealjakson said:

Im new to this all modding thing and i just want to install few adult mods. I use Mod organizer 2 and skyrim special edition latest version. I use windows 10 and my system req.s are just fine. i keep on getting an error that tells me to "try running skse64_loader as an administrator." when i try to run the game from the mod organizor. When i run it as admin and run it in the skyrim's root file it obviously works but without the mods. If I make it so that its always run with the administrator,and run it from mod organizor it also wants me to run mod organizer as administrator as well. If I also do that and try to run the game from mod organizor it just doesnt do anything. No errors no pop-ups. Please help.

Move Mod Organizer 2 from C:/Program Files to C:/

This may need a complete reinstall of MO2. Simply moving it won't do

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/23/2021 at 1:11 AM, Player80 said:

Move Mod Organizer 2 from C:/Program Files to C:/

This may need a complete reinstall of MO2. Simply moving it won't do

did it, reinstalled the skyrim too, it just didint work.

3 hours ago, micealjakson said:

did it, reinstalled the skyrim too, it just didint work.

Damn, I was convinced this would work. This probably won't work, but you can try launching the game through the vanilla launcher (wait until you reach the main menu before quitting) then running from SKSE. I'm out of ideas atm

I know running skse as admin is even in the skse readme, but why do you need to do that? Don't you have a Windows account with admin privileges? I've never had to do any of that, only recommendation would be keep stuff out of Program Files as Player80 already did. And no notifications in MO at all? If the problem is something related to your mods you should see a notification (the ! in a red triangle icon near the Run button), last resort would be checking the mo2 log (mo2\logs, unless you changed that path?).

On 3/6/2021 at 8:22 PM, Just Don't said:

I know running skse as admin is even in the skse readme, but why do you need to do that? Don't you have a Windows account with admin privileges? I've never had to do any of that, only recommendation would be keep stuff out of Program Files as Player80 already did. And no notifications in MO at all? If the problem is something related to your mods you should see a notification (the ! in a red triangle icon near the Run button), last resort would be checking the mo2 log (mo2\logs, unless you changed that path?).

I installed everything related to SSD, When i installed the mods and launched it EXACTLY like the video i watched, it just crashed and asked me to run as administrator. 

BTW, i solved this. My executable files SkyrimSE.exe and SkyrimSELauncher.exe were set to run as administrator. I dont know why or how that happened but when i set them to work the other way, Everything got fixed

• 3 years later...
On 3/8/2021 at 10:05 AM, Guest said:

BTW, i solved this. My executable files SkyrimSE.exe and SkyrimSELauncher.exe were set to run as administrator. I dont know why or how that happened but when i set them to work the other way, Everything got fixed

I created an account here just to be able to tell you how much you helped me thanks bro