Status of the group

_K17_

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

an actual ETA is impossible at this stage.

We're merging our code with the new engine & game environment and that is a lot of work.

And once it's done., there's internal testing before a Beta can be released.

But things are moving along rapidly...

Mmm... OK ;)

the new engine has a lot of built-in DX9 shaders for things like Normal (Bump) maps and speculars (reflection) but also dynamic Shadows, Bloom, anti-aliasing etc etc.

The best thing is that all these graphic enhancements can easily be switched on/off by the user so you can optimize things for your hardware.

There's a new in-game menu and pop-up allowing the user to enable and tweak the effects to taste and optimal performance.

of course DX9 level is not really state-of-the-art but it's a big step forward for this game.  

27 minutes ago, Marburg said:

the new engine has a lot of built-in DX9 shaders for things like Normal (Bump) maps and speculars (reflection) but also dynamic Shadows, Bloom, anti-aliasing etc etc.

Just tell me none of it shows up in a bluescreen, and I'll be happy. :)

I would just like to see a standard bone heirarchy, rather than everything leading from the extremities. That's antithetical to any kind of serious animation, outside of the usual 'grab-and-thrust' (which I realize is the whole point of the program). But still...

10 hours ago, EJAX said:

I would just like to see a standard bone heirarchy, rather than everything leading from the extremities. That's antithetical to any kind of serious animation, outside of the usual 'grab-and-thrust' (which I realize is the whole point of the program). But still...

While we're dreaming would be cool to have modern graphics too :P At it's best, game looks so 2015~

12 hours ago, Arse22 said:

While we're dreaming would be cool to have modern graphics too :P

Hollywood Dementia: When you become so obsessed by your special effects that you forget how to write a story. I don't know what it's called in the gaming community.. Maybe "GTA Syndrome"? :P I got over mine round about the 5,000th corruption of my gta3.img file. I had yet to even discover the klub, or modloader, or anything else that might have made my life easier 15 years ago. Having to comb through literally millions of ENB settings in search of anything useful is what left me cold to hook, reshade, etc... Same obsession, different video game.

I'll say one thing: the klub DOES make an AWESOME ped generator (if you know how to extract them, rig them, etc...). THAT, I can do in an afternoon. It took me 6 months to make a 6 minute movie with THIS program! And that was WITH the help of Adobe Premiere! My characters are MUCH more fun in San Andreas (with TWO hands, anyway.. ?). I keep telling myself that someday I'm going to learn to mod Skyrim, or GTA5, or even THIS program, I just never seem to get around to it. Digital Burnout, I guess.. I can't even be bothered to set my alarm clock for daylight savings time! lol

So I asked this on the other forum; still awaiting a response... How much of the hook-specific stuff (level_defs, bump maps, etc) is going to be rendered useless by the new game engine? My guess would be ALL of it, yes? Or can they coexist to some extent? Will this new version even run Hook, Reshade, etc..., and would you even want to?

(I'm assuming addons are otherwise compatible, because I don't hear anyone complaining)

1 hour ago, EJAX said:

So I asked this on the other forum; still awaiting a response... How much of the hook-specific stuff (level_defs, bump maps, etc) is going to be rendered useless by the new game engine? My guess would be ALL of it, yes? Or can they coexist to some extent? Will this new version even run Hook, Reshade, etc..., and would you even want to?

(I'm assuming addons are otherwise compatible, because I don't hear anyone complaining)

Being a 64 bit engine that use DirectX9, means that current Hook will not work,

therefore will require a new 64bits hook (Hook6).

That said, as for compatibility it will all depends on how Pervo will make the new version.

My guess would be ALL of it, yes

A lot of basic Hook functionality, that's for sure.

But features like H5 objects and mirrors will not be replaced so easily so I reckon there's a (market)place for both.

It will depend on Pervo if he wants to develop a new version.

4 minutes ago, Fellwinter said:

The vast majority of users don't. The vast majority of creators on the other hand, do. And I highly doubt any of the more prominent creators are going to actively downgrade just for a few new bells and whistles.

We want to make it clear that we will always support Hook, like we did with VX, VX2 won't be any different.

• 3 months later...
  • _K17_ pinned this topic
  • 4 months later...

Hi everyone,

As you all know. were busy working on V11. Part of the job is to enhance the texture of all the clothing.

This alone takes a long time because of the amount of textures, time that we could use on coding.

That said, we're asking the community to help us on this task. We need volunteers that would upscale the texture, then apply some light edit on them if needed. If you want to help, please contact Avarteas on the Discord channel;

https://discord.gg/hTvAJkbvjs

Thank you.

Team K17

• 10 months later...

We have 2 goods news;

First there is now an official replacement site for the old ModGarden, It's called Phoenix Garden, that is located here https://phoenixgarden.cc/.

That said, this site used to be the old Sugar & Spice site, so if you used to be a member there, your original login will still work.

Secondly, for the past couple of years, we were hard at work developing TK17 V11, and were in the final stage of testing,

as soon as it's ready, Beta3 will be posted at Phoenix. So pass by often, so as not to miss the release.

See you on the other side!

Thank you.

Team K17

• 2 months later...

Today we reached an other milestone at https://phoenixgarden.cc/index.php, we just hit 3000 Members.

That said, we're still far from the 30K+ members from the old Modgarden, but the good news is we're here for the long run.
So no matter how long it takes, we will get there.

Also we currently have all the old game content from the Modgarden at Phoenix, and we're now focusing on content that came after.

If you already posting content at Loverslab, please don't forget to also post it at Phoenix.

Thank you all, from Team K17.

Edited by _K17_
  • _K17_ unlocked and locked this topic