My plant decor cc disappears when I place it.

• 1 year later...

i've been having the same issue with my decor plants. i did the usual troubleshooting and removed all my cc folders the game worked right. then i added the other folders in and the game worked up until i put the buy mode cc folder back in, when i select a basegame or cc decor plant the exception scanner is triggered. so far i know the problem may be in the buymode folder... its gonna take forever to figure out which one as i have sooooo many.

also I have TMex's BE installed to catch exceptions but i get the same message as the one  posted above.

whether i pick a sims decor plant or Decor Plant cc, the object disappears and the Better Exceptions menu pops up. i run a scan and it's only giving me a 10% possible cause, without showing me what to delete or fix.

i'm not too comfortable with using S4S to alter game files, the extent of my knowledge is with the more basic troubleshooting game issues with cc.

" KeyError('Unable to find joint b__subroot__1 on object_Counter_2part_deco:0x09e40ecb61f6002b[0]') (KeyError: 'Unable to find joint b__subroot__1 on object_Counter_2part_deco:0x09e40ecb61f6002b[0]')" 

Edited by Bellaquis
13 hours ago, Bellaquis said:

so far i know the problem may be in the buymode folder... its gonna take forever to figure out which one as i have sooooo many

Since you've narrowed it down to 1 folder you can use the 50/50 CC removal method to narrow it down even further.

I'd also look at the file dates and try removing the oldest first.

But your error mentions a Counter so it makes me wonder if it's a problem related to a cc counter rather than decor, or maybe both.

Think I'd try some different counters too if you haven't done so already.