Hair Clipping Through Helmet at a Distance

Tested in vanilla game with nothing but this armor mod:

New Legion by NordWarUA

This particular mod has an issue where hair clips through the helmet at a distance, but is completely normal close up. The farther away the camera, the more visible it becomes.

Issue

It's easily fixed by adding the LongHair flag to the body template in SSEEdit, but unfortunately this makes the character completely bald beneath the helmet which I don't see as a great compromise when the helmet/hair is perfect up close. I've tried playing with the mesh in NifSkope, but I'm not really familiar with it and couldn't find a fix. Has anybody ran into this and managed to find a fix, or does anyone with modding/modelling experience know why this occurs?

Not the body, but the helmet must have slot 41 (long hair). Namely in the Nif, the Armor Addon and the Armor.
And check the priority in the helmet Armor Addon. This should be greater than the priority of the hair.
You should also check whether the helmet textures have mipmaps

• 5 months later...

@DK232 Were you able to resolve this issue?  I have a similar issue with vanilla human female hairstyles and the ancient nord helmet.   Up close it looks fine, but once I'm a but further away from my follower, i see her hair clipping through the back of the helmet.  

Just curious if the @Andy14's suggestion of checking the NIFs for slot 41 worked or if you tried something different

thanks!