Can someone explain this error to me?

I recently installed a new game. It worked for about 3 hours and now it CTDs every single time on boot. I don't understand the error from the windows event logger, and every time I try to google it the answers are way too technical.

"Faulting application name: DXMD.exe, version: 1.19.801.0, time stamp: 0x591411c6
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000000000
Faulting process id: 0x285c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6fca8152f54b6
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Deus Ex Mankind Divided\retail\DXMD.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: e019a745-8c09-4e99-aa67-9d378f4b652d
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: "

I have no idea wtf this means. Help would be appreciated.

Part of the problem could be this:  Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Deus Ex Mankind Divided\retail\DXMD.exe

Steam should not be installed in the program files directory.

C:\Steam

Or even another hard drive.

You can move steam and all your games pretty quickly and easily without having to download and reinstall everything.

Before doing that, try something simple, right click on the game (left panel) and select properties and then scroll to local files and click the verify integrity of game files.  Once that is finished, try to play the game again.

1 hour ago, gregathit said:

Part of the problem could be this:  Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Deus Ex Mankind Divided\retail\DXMD.exe

Steam should not be installed in the program files directory.

C:\Steam

Or even another hard drive.

You can move steam and all your games pretty quickly and easily without having to download and reinstall everything.

Before doing that, try something simple, right click on the game (left panel) and select properties and then scroll to local files and click the verify integrity of game files.  Once that is finished, try to play the game again.

Did that verify thing already. For some reason my problem seems like it might be tied to audio. The game only loads when my bluetooth headphones ARE connected. Default machine audio seems to be a no go.

But just in case, how can I move the files? Just a copy paste?

Do it this way, much simpler and no fuss.  This will also enable you to use mods (UAC can block that when games are in the program files directory).

You can move to another drive or just another folder outside of program files.

https://www.howtogeek.com/269515/how-to-move-a-steam-game-to-another-drive-without-re-downloading-it/

If your issue is solved by the headphones, it may be faster and simpler to just do that.  Or to update your drivers on your sound card.  Both of these options would be faster.

Normally, I like to use the if it works don't fix it method.  Do the minimum you have to, to make things work.  The more you do, the more complications can crop up.

Cheers.

On 2/6/2021 at 3:35 PM, gregathit said:

Do it this way, much simpler and no fuss.  This will also enable you to use mods (UAC can block that when games are in the program files directory).

You can move to another drive or just another folder outside of program files.

https://www.howtogeek.com/269515/how-to-move-a-steam-game-to-another-drive-without-re-downloading-it/

If your issue is solved by the headphones, it may be faster and simpler to just do that.  Or to update your drivers on your sound card.  Both of these options would be faster.

Normally, I like to use the if it works don't fix it method.  Do the minimum you have to, to make things work.  The more you do, the more complications can crop up.

Cheers.

I appreciate your help. Thank you very much.