Wicked Whims not working in new Update for Sims4 ( Issue Resolved, just delete gameversin.txt file in yhour sims4 folder in documents. Documents/Electronic Arts/Sims4.)

I just updated Sims4 last month, and ever since I am not able to get the wicked whims mod to work. I removed all instances of the app from the Mods Folder in documents as well as any instances in the tray folder. I then made sure Sims 4 was updated. When I download wicked whims, I use Winrar to extract it into the mods folder under Documents/EAgames/Sims4/Mods. I make sure it is not put into another folder in the Mods folder. Afte if is installed I open Sims4 through Origin and once it loads a message pops up every time saying custome mods automatically dissabled. I go to settings and enable them and check to see if the mod is installed but nothing shows up. I restart the game and check again but get the same results as mentioned above. I have some screen shots attached. FYI I have not purchased the lates Sims4 content yet. 

image (6).png

image (5).png

image (4).png

13 minutes ago, Nateman76 said:

I have even went as far as uninstalling Sims4 and reinstalling and still getting the same issue. 

All pretty normal.

Whenever you update, or install the game, it gives warning about mods, no big deal.

Remove the .txt and .mp4 files in your mods folder as they are not needed or wanted by game.

You have to go into your game settings/other and enable both scripts and mods check boxes, apply changes and exit.

Then restart game and if those settings don't stay enabled you have to look in your The Sims 4 folder for a file named Gameversion.txt and delete it.

You will also need to download some Animations for Wicked Whims to use as it doesn't really have but a couple included for testing.

Just make a new folder in Mods name Wicked Animations to put all the animations into.

https://www.loverslab.com/files/category/201-animations-wickedwhims/

Let us know if it works or not for more help.

Followed your instructions. Every time I start the game the same message pops up,, the mod is not showing in the mods list even after adding some animations. I eneable custom mods and scripts, restart the game and again the dissabled mods message pops up as well as all the other same issues. 

2 hours ago, Nateman76 said:

Followed your instructions. Every time I start the game the same message pops up,, the mod is not showing in the mods list even after adding some animations. I eneable custom mods and scripts, restart the game and again the dissabled mods message pops up as well as all the other same issues. 

Open the gameversion.txt file to see what version is listed.

Sometimes it gets stuck listing the old version.

It should be 1.70.xx or higher.

The next step is editing your options.ini file in your TS4 folder to make sure the following two lines match.

scriptmodsenabled = 1

modsdisabled = 0

Save the file when finished.

I just got a reply from the support email I sent, so just removing the gameversion.txt file fixed the issue. Didn't have to do any editing to the file, just simply deleted it fomr the 

Documets/ Electronic Arts/Sims4 folder. 

Thank you for your help. 

24 minutes ago, Nateman76 said:

I just got a reply from the support email I sent, so just removing the gameversion.txt file fixed the issue. Didn't have to do any editing to the file, just simply deleted it fomr the 

Documets/ Electronic Arts/Sims4 folder. 

Thank you for your help. 

This was mentioned in my other post so I assumed you had done that step, but glad you got it working anyway.

4 hours ago, Scorpio said:

if those settings don't stay enabled you have to look in your The Sims 4 folder for a file named Gameversion.txt and delete it.