simfileshare workaround (sort of)

As we all know the simfileshare download speed is unbearable most of the times and the downloads fail more often then not.

My simfileshare download speed ranges from ~5kb/s - ~100kb/s (max!!)

There is however a way to get your files even if the download fails.

It's annoying but if you are like me and want to download that one file no matter what this will work eventually.

-Create a new folder on your desktop

-Start the download and save the file on your desktop

-Let it load as far as it gets

There will be two files on your desktop

YourDownload.package and YourDownload.package.part

-When your download stops, copy the YourDownload.package.part to your new folder you've created before

-Try to resume your download

-If it fails to resume, start the download again

-You will now have a new YourDownload.package and YourDownload.package.part on your desktop

-Pause the download

-Delete the new YourDownload.package.part and replace it with the YourDownload.package.part from your folder

!!!Always make sure to have at least one YourDownload.package.part saved in a folder. I always use two folders as a backup!!!

-Resume the download in your browser (i use firefox, should work with other browsers too)

-If your YourDownload.package.part is let's say 5mb in size your download will resume from there

A 21.6mb file took me only 3 hours in total:D

Hope this is helpful to someone

Happy waiting and waiting, and saving and resuming and waiting and waiting and modding ?