[mod] Simple Polygamy

Simple Polygamy

Currently in Beta!

Uploaded as Beta so that you can test for me get early access. That's nice from me, isn't it?

On 9/3/2020 at 8:25 AM, Skömer said:

It's not a easy time for polygamy in rimworld

Well now it is!

- Adds the Polygamous Trait. Same name as Psychology for instant compatibility with rjw. Should be compatible with Psychology aswell (not sure, might change in the future)

- Disables negativ moods like "cheated on me" for pawns with before mentioned trait.

- Disable the Requirement for a Royal Pawn to have a dedicated Bedroom with before mentioned trait.

- Adds a Bed for 10. Yup 10. For those of you who want to go big with this entire idea of multiple relationships and such. Only 1 type available (Royal).

Patches included for:

- [JPT] Soft Warm Beds;
- Soft Beds;
- Nano Repair Tech

- Vanilla Furniture Expanded;
- Vanilla Furniture Expanded - Spacer Module;
- More Furniture [1.1];
- GloomyFurniture;
- [sd] medicaddons 1.1 (Continued);
- UN-Furniture (Continued).

Requirements:

Harmony

Hugslib

Polyamory Beds (Vanilla Edition)

Polyamory Beds is technically not directly required but I used some textures and it helped greatly for the patches for the "Double Penta Bed". Also makes no sense to not use this mod if available.

5 hours ago, nugerumon said:

Does your mod somehow make pawns with the Polygamous trait pursue more romantic relationships?

No. First because the mod should remain as simple as possible. Second I was sure there was a mod who does this already. Searched it and found romance tweak more options.
Only to realize that this is your mod?!? Why the question then? Compatibility? Should be.

I don't change social behaviour directly. Only disable negativ moods/requirements which are a hindress in a polygamous relationship for pawns with the trait. With your mod and DevConsole/CharcterEditor etc. there are more then enough possibilities to get your pawns together imo. Either by chance or direct by "Player Ability".

Edit: I just realized maybe you mean if my mod changes the behaviour of pawns to try to seduce/flirt with other pawns while they are already in a relationship? I honestly thought that is vanilla behaviour.You can normally only have one wife but X Lovers, i think? Normally this results in these negativ moods and breakups. So I thought by just disabling them all would be good. TBH though I usually just put the pawns i want together as lovers manually.

9 hours ago, V3rius said:

I just realized maybe you mean if my mod changes the behaviour of pawns to try to seduce/flirt with other pawns while they are already in a relationship? I honestly thought that is vanilla behaviour.You can normally only have one wife but X Lovers, i think?

It's rare and only really happens if a pawn has a low opinion of their current lover:

Pawn pawn = LovePartnerRelationUtility.ExistingMostLikedLovePartner(initiator, false);
if (pawn != null)
{
	float value = (float)initiator.relations.OpinionOf(pawn);
	num3 = Mathf.InverseLerp(50f, -50f, value);
}

(Basically: a pawn, that has a lover and an opinion of that lover above 50, will never try to romance someone else)

I did consider making a Polyamory mod (basically a copy of Rational Romance with everything removed except for the Polyamory part), but I found too many other things to do (and other games to play), so it keeps getting pushed back. That's why I asked if you maybe already did that ?

But well, using devmode or Character Editor to create relationships works. Which is one of the reasons I keep postponing my own plans. ?

14 hours ago, nugerumon said:

I did consider making a Polyamory mod (basically a copy of Rational Romance with everything removed except for the Polyamory part), but I found too many other things to do (and other games to play), so it keeps getting pushed back. That's why I asked if you maybe already did that ?

No wonder you wouldn't want to do this. Rational Romance 2 is just one giant 3166 rows long class. It's a mess ?
I will try to look into it and make a patch only for polygamy relationships. 

11 hours ago, ErikModi said:

Doesn't appear to be working.  I get the message that it's for the wrong version, I'm using 1.2, the mod is set for, it appears, no version at all.  The Trait does not appear for me to add to pawns via the Character Editor UI.

You probably didn't install it correctly, then.

1 hour ago, ErikModi said:

Same as I did RJW and NudeWorld. . . Unzip, put in Mods folder.  No special instructions to do something different to install it in the description.

Hmm... what am I going to do with you...

First, compare the installed RJW folder with the Simple Polygamy folder.

If you don't see anything wrong, make a screenshot of the Simple Polyamy folder and upload it here. Maybe we can figure something out.

Comparing them was the first thing I did.  The only difference I saw was the mod not having "1.1" and "1.2" folders like every other mod I've seen, including Steam mods I've made local copies of to tweak slightly.

But, I missed that I had the mod folder inside a folder in the mods folder.  Fixing that cleared it up.

So, yes, you were right.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/16/2021 at 3:50 PM, V3rius said:

Edit: I just realized maybe you mean if my mod changes the behaviour of pawns to try to seduce/flirt with other pawns while they are already in a relationship?

Attached: Harmony Patches that allow Pawns to get multiple lovers even if they are already in a relationship.

It's packaged as its own mod. You can theoretically use it without Simply Polygamy (I added an option to just treat all pawns as polyamorous), but that would leave you with the CheatedOnMe and Affair mood/opinion penalties, so I strongly recommend using Simply Polygamy alongside.

Also, it's called 0.0001 alpha for a reason, I'm not sure I scried the entire depth of what is necessary for a polyamory mod. Expect things to be awkward or break.

Suggestions welcome.

JustPolyamory 0.0001 alpha.zip

Edit: Update with new option

JustPolyamory 0.001 alpha.zip

Edit: see a post further down for newer version

On 2/3/2021 at 1:09 PM, nugerumon said:

Attached: Harmony Patches that allow Pawns to get multiple lovers even if they are already in a relationship.

It's packaged as its own mod. You can theoretically use it without Simply Polygamy (I added an option to just treat all pawns as polyamorous), but that would leave you with the CheatedOnMe and Affair mood/opinion penalties, so I strongly recommend using Simply Polygamy alongside.

Also, it's called 0.0001 alpha for a reason, I'm not sure I scried the entire depth of what is necessary for a polyamory mod. Expect things to be awkward or break.

Suggestions welcome.

JustPolyamory 0.0001 alpha.zip 13.67 kB · 5 downloads

Edit: Update with new option

JustPolyamory 0.001 alpha.zip 15.54 kB · 7 downloads

After installing this, the bug I had where CheatedOnMe wasn't disbaled by simple polygamy went away, but there's still an affair opinion penalty, even using both.

• 2 weeks later...

The only bug I experienced is the annoying bunch of red lines in the debug window reminding me that the bed was made for royalty. The bed still exists without the DLC. I was worried something interfered with marriage proposals happening, but it finally happen.

It would be nice to have alternatives to the polygamy trait, like a Main Character type trait, or a Cuckold trait where only one party needs the trait. Trait should be able to be boolean-ed in?

edit: the royalty debug issue was other mods

• 2 weeks later...

I did not find any absolutely required from the Polygamy Bed, however recommended it would be. Some things just work, such as extending bed length.

Adding this overwrite is essential for immersion when looking at "needs". The {0} simply refers to the lover the memory was produce with. Nothing fancy going on. You just have to make sure the mod is near the bottom of the modlist.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<Defs>

<ThoughtDef>
    <defName>GotSomeLovin</defName>
    <thoughtClass>Thought_MemorySocial</thoughtClass>
    <durationDays>3.0</durationDays>
    <stackLimit>150</stackLimit>
    <stackedEffectMultiplier>0.75</stackedEffectMultiplier>
    <stages>
      <li>
        <label>got some lovin’ with {0}</label>
        <description>There's nothing like a tumble between the sheets to lift the mood.</description>
        <baseMoodEffect>8</baseMoodEffect>
        <baseOpinionOffset>25</baseOpinionOffset>
      </li>
    </stages>
  </ThoughtDef>

<!-- birds and bees compatibility -->

<ThoughtDef>
    <defName>LovinPerformance</defName>
    <thoughtClass>Thought_MemorySocial</thoughtClass>
    <durationDays>1.0</durationDays>
    <stackLimit>150</stackLimit>
    <stackedEffectMultiplier>0.2</stackedEffectMultiplier>
    <stages>
      <li>
        <label>had terribly lovin' with {0}</label>
        <description>That was... terrible.</description>
        <baseMoodEffect>-5</baseMoodEffect>
        <baseOpinionOffset>-10</baseOpinionOffset>
      </li>
      <li>
        <label>had bad lovin' with {0}</label>
        <description>Hmmph. I may have to look for a better lover.</description>
        <baseMoodEffect>2</baseMoodEffect>
        <baseOpinionOffset>-5</baseOpinionOffset>
      </li>
      <li>
        <label>had lovin' with {0}</label>
        <description>That was... ok, I guess?.</description>
        <baseMoodEffect>15</baseMoodEffect>
        <baseOpinionOffset>5</baseOpinionOffset>
      </li>
      <li>
        <label>had amazing lovin' with {0}</label>
        <description>Wow. That was amazing!</description>
        <baseMoodEffect>25</baseMoodEffect>
        <baseOpinionOffset>15</baseOpinionOffset>
      </li>
    </stages>
  </ThoughtDef>

</Defs>

Okay, I have a bug report. I haven't mention the mode I'm testing in, but the mode I've been using is the Everyone's polygamous mode since I didn't want to give everyone a trait.

At the moment of Marriage, all wives become ex-wives. Lovers and fiances aren't affected by the ceremonies. I'm guessing this is due to the mode.

9 hours ago, S32S32S5 said:

At the moment of Marriage, all wives become ex-wives. Lovers and fiances aren't affected by the ceremonies. I'm guessing this is due to the mode.

Yeah I noticed that as well. Too lazy to patch marriage, though. I don't think that, once married, a pawn gets another fiancee, so as a workaround you should revert fiancee relationships to lover relationships. At the latest when one marriage exists.

6 minutes ago, nugerumon said:

Yeah I noticed that as well. Too lazy to patch marriage, though. I don't think that, once married, a pawn gets another fiancee, so as a workaround you should revert fiancee relationships to lover relationships. At the latest when one marriage exists.

With the character editor you can easily reassign  husband and wife status without existing spouses becoming exes. I think this is a base game feature that triggers at the end of the wedding ceremony, not a problem with the mod.

On 3/10/2021 at 1:47 AM, dovahnurse said:

With the character editor you can easily reassign  husband and wife status without existing spouses becoming exes. I think this is a base game feature that triggers at the end of the wedding ceremony, not a problem with the mod.

You can do all sorts of polygamy with just the debug tools without mods at all. I can't fault the base game for breaking silly mods like this. The mod should be well rounded enough to live up to it's own namesake, so that's the feedback I give.

On 3/10/2021 at 1:41 AM, nugerumon said:

I didn't realize that limitation with new fiancees. It's probably true for new lover outside of the affair event(which seems to be less of a negative occurrence with one of these mods).

Using manual controls, if the fiancee is made into a wife/husband during the ceremony, the ceremony concludes without the old spouses becoming ex-es. If debugging trick skips the break ups, a modder could figure it out.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm trying to increase bed density. Very long beds sometimes are invisible. Width doesn't seem to do anything. I wish there was a way to pack them in tighter, but that seems like a code thing.

16 hours ago, Virgotal said:

For some reason I'm not getting the bed that was added to show up in my furniture tab.

did you download only "JustPolyamory" instead of both? That's the only logical explanation besides "look better."

9 hours ago, S32S32S5 said:

I'm trying to increase bed density. Very long beds sometimes are invisible. Width doesn't seem to do anything. I wish there was a way to pack them in tighter, but that seems like a code thing.

did you download only "JustPolyamory" instead of both? That's the only logical explanation besides "look better."

I do have both installed.