download and archive issues

Guest mayaktheunholy

Guest mayaktheunholy

I'm having problems with any file over a few hundred K that I download from here, they seem to be getting corrupted somehow. 7zip says "cannot open file as archive". I am using a download manager, thought that was the problem, tried Firefox and Chrome, but the downloads just break before getting even 30% done. Don't think 7zip is the problem, downloaded and opened a file from elsewhere and it extracted just fine. Also small files (like 100K-200K) from here seem to be OK... didn't have any problems a couple of weeks ago....

Oh, and at least one other person had the same problem, post 119 in this thread:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/15876-loversbitch-gone-wild

Many times these rar/zip archivers fail. Giving out errors like no files and so forth. The way I bypass many of these so called errors that are actually the zip/rar archiver failing is by double clicking the rar to open it highlight everything and drag that shit out. Then close the rar. win-rar seems to fail a lot but so does 7-zip. 

Guest mayaktheunholy

Ark of Truth : I have been using that download manager to get files from here since this message board was founded. Never had any issues until this weekend. Also I thought I clearly stated that I tried 2 different browsers with no success. Downloads just break that way, they get to 20-50% done and just stop. The only way to get them to complete is for me to use FDM.  Thanks for trying to help though!

myuhinny : I tried that already, no luck. Same message, "cannot open file as archive". Small archives seem to be ok still. Just anything over 500K. 7z files from other sites are perfectly fine.

Update, just tried downloading from another computer, exact same problem.... maybe it's my IP....

and thanks again for the quick responses....

Archived