Everything but custom items working. No idea what I'm doing

Hi,

I'm very new to this, so please bear with me if this is tedious but I can't get custom content to shop up in game.

I run everything through Vortex, it installs all the mods for me fine and (other than crashes) it seems to be working fine. Problem is that none of the custom objects/items that i've installed are showing up. I've tried all the hidden/unlockable item cheats, there is no localthumbcache file anywhere, custom content and script mods are enabled. Every requirement for all the mods/packages have been installed. I don't know what else to do, and any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

T.

7 hours ago, mactg said:

Every requirement for all the mods/packages have been installed. I don't know what else to do, and any help would be appreciated.

I've never used Vortex for sims mods because it isn't needed and have no idea where it installs the mods/cc.

Many youtube and websites have 'how too's' for modding Sims 4.

Even some of the mods have instructions on how to install.

If you know how to download and extract compressed files...

Then just copy them into UserName/Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/Mods.

(Look in here to see if anything is already installed)

Make a new folder in Mods for each type of cc category or Mod name.

Example:

Mods/Makeup (All your cc makeup goes in here and they should only be .package files)

Mods/Hairstyles (same as above)

Mods/WickedWhimsMod (Only 2 files in here named TURBODRIVER; one is a script and one is a package)

Mods/Wicked Animations (All your downloaded animations go into this folder and should be .package files only)

Once you get the process down it becomes easier.