Odd pink heart shaped brightly blinking eyes, I can't get rid of.

For a while now I have had a couple of my favorite Sims (females only) getting infected with these unbelievably annoying pink, heart shaped brightly blinking eyes. Nothing in CAS changes them and I've removed every trait, mood and buff that looks like it could have anything to do with it. Regardless, it just never, ever... goes away. It makes me so angry, I had one of my sims sell off his otherwise great wife and mother of his three children to some old perverted letch  (via Nisa's Tam Explorer "Doll Shop"), just so I wouldn't have to look at them anymore :( It's now infected four of my favorite sims and I'm ready to pull my hair out. Does anyone have any idea where this is coming from and (more importantly), how to get rid of it...

PinkEyes.PNG

PinkEyes2.PNG

I don't normally comment on forums, and my answer isn't 100% certain, but that shade of pink looks to me like a texture error. If you're using custom texture CC, particularly for the eyes, it could be that. The fact its spreading to more sims also could indicate this.

If you haven't tried changing the eyes to a base game eye colour, try that. If that works, its probably the CC you use for the eyes.

Try reinstalling that CC, finding a different CC that does similar eyes, or going without that CC. Otherwise I'm not sure what to reccommend, sorry. I hope this helps, and if not I hope someone more knowledgeable than I can help.

Unfortunately, I've tried changing everything in CAS I could (every eye change possible). The fact that they're pink and perfectly heart shaped and they continuously flash (getting brighter and dimmer) makes me believe they're an intentional highlight of one of my mods. The way it's applied looks similar to the tattoos that Nisa forces on your sim based on their level of sexual perversion (bands around the arms, legs, etc), but if it is from Nisa, I can't find any documentation on it (Nisa tells you how to get rid of the tattoos). I'm guessing it's some hidden trait or buff applied because my sims fit some odd category or some odd level of deviance, that I just can't figure out. I've tried to search for similarities between the infected sims and I just can't find what it is. Oddly, the last sim this happened to got her flashing eyes "immediately" after I applied Nisa's Nail Polish, but I don't recall applying nail polish to any of the other three and on the one I did (pictured above), I removed every buff and trait associated with it, to no avail... :( 

13 hours ago, ralrae said:

but if it is from Nisa, I can't find any documentation on it

If it is from Nisa, it may also be related to what slave Sims get when they're "Pink" motive is very high (dunno if they get "heart eyes" in addition to the pink mist and everything, as I've never payed that much attention). IIRC, there used to be an issue with these effects for slaves and trophy Sims about half a year ago (they would get stuck and/or be randomly applied).

You can take Wicked Pervs out of your Mods folder to test this - remember to delete "localthumbcache.package", found in "Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4", and don't save your game (you'll lose all data related to Wicked Pervs, if you do).

If there are no "heart eyes" without Wicked Pervs, put it back into Mods, and try the tattoo removal and Sim reset options that come with Wicked Pervs (if you haven't done so already).

If that doesn't do the trick, make a backup of your saved games (the "saves" folder) and delete the Wicked Pervs folder inside your saves (AFAIK, the only possible fix if some mod-related data got corrupted or something is otherwise "stuck" in that department).

Alternatively, of if all else fails, you might want to report your issue on the "official" Wicked Pervs thread (hit "Get Support" on the download page). Creators know their mods inside out, so Nisa may very well have a solution that nobody else would come up with.

So, Wicked Pervs is the culprit here. I removed it along with the localthumbcache and the pink glowing eyes went away. Unfortunately, since I've used that package quite a bit lately, a large number of my other female sims came back completely corrupted :( So I got out without saving, reinstalled Wicked Pervs and everything is back as it was (pink eyes and all, but at least my other sims are ok :) ). I've already tried using the command that removes Nisa's tattoos and that has no affect on the eyes, so I'll have to query them to see what the command is to make the eyes normal again. Thanks for the help.

I haven't heard back from Nisa support yet, but in the interim I thought perhaps cloning the sim would solve the problem. The cloned sim should only inherit the physical characteristics of the original and none of it's hidden ones. So if there was some trait or something like that causing the dreaded heart shaped pink eyes, then the clone should be pink eyed free (you would think). I figured if it worked out, then I'd just have the clone kill the master (as clones tend to do) then just assume the original's life (pink eyed free...). Unfortunately, I was foiled again.... Now I have 5 sims running around with brightly glowing, pink heart shaped eyes... On the "bright" side though, I did get over 6 million simoleons when I sold off the "good" wife pictured above, so maybe the sim I just made a copy of can setup a business selling her little pink eyed clones. I figure the two of us will make a fortune together.

To my knowledge, clones inherit all relevant attributes (including traits. life states etc.) - or turn evil, if something goes wrong during the cloning process. Apparently, this includes mod-related data (wasn't sure about that until now), at least from mods that use these systems.

Thanks for letting everybody know about what you found out, such info is always great for future reference.

BTW the clone selling business really sounds like an interesting idea...

Yeah, my only worry is that I would be butting up against the "white slave" market run by the Simkuza gang out of Mt. Komorebi. I mean, since they have the additional overhead associated with having to go out to the other worlds and abduct (young, blond haired, blue eyes) girls, I can see where they'd get a little pissed, and they can be some real dick-heads sometimes. But as far as the pink eyes go, it bothered me so...... very much, I just figured it out and cleared it myself :(  So, happily, the pink eye problem is in the past....

Here's what I did to get some of the back tattoos as "regular" CAS CC:

Download and install Sims 4 Studio (ask Google, it's gonna be the first result), open the .package file for Nisa's Wicked Pervs and look for the textures you want (the file type is "RLE 2 Image"). Export those textures, then create a new CAS standalone package fron the S4S main menu (tutorial can be found on the download page for S4S, but it's just as straightforward as it seems) and add those exported textures as new swatches in the "Warehouse" tab (delete any vanilla swatches).

When you're done with that, you'll have a "CAS Part" to go with every "RLE 2 Image", and each "CAS Part" will have a number of stuff displayed in the "Data" tab on the right. Change the values for both "AdditionalTextureSpace" and "BodyType" to whatever you are creating ("Eyecolor" in this case) and use the checkboxes under "AgeGender" to enable those heart eyes for whomever you want (males and females, teens,...).

Finally, save the file and add it to your Mods folder to test it in-game.

• 2 years later...
On 1/12/2021 at 11:42 AM, ralrae said:

Yeah, my only worry is that I would be butting up against the "white slave" market run by the Simkuza gang out of Mt. Komorebi. I mean, since they have the additional overhead associated with having to go out to the other worlds and abduct (young, blond haired, blue eyes) girls, I can see where they'd get a little pissed, and they can be some real dick-heads sometimes. But as far as the pink eyes go, it bothered me so...... very much, I just figured it out and cleared it myself :(  So, happily, the pink eye problem is in the past....

How did you get rid of them? It is bugging me so much! Thanks

• 1 month later...