Apropos2: Resistant and Nonconsentual rape descriptions DB

View File

This is an edit of descriptions and synonyms for the mod Apropos2.

Apropos2 is great, but with the removal of theme options it's jarring to go from a message about a character struggling and fighting to non-rapey "I actually wanted this"/"Weee I love rape" type themes back to struggling.  If possible I'd want to not have the 2nd type at all.  My personal preference is for the rape themes to be cruel/merciless and unwanted, and the pleasure messages to be forced/shameful and explicitly nonconsensual.

Without theme/filtering options, the only way to make sure ONLY those type of descriptions were used during rape was to edit the descriptions themselves.

I went ahead and spent way too many hours doing just that. Since it became a massive time sink, I decided to only change the 2nd person descriptions. This DB removed descriptions that didn't fit the theme, and editted many more. Editted descriptions add usage of synonyms, change the flavor of the descriptions to nonconsensual, and occasionally fix a few minor grammar issues. I also customized synonyms a bit. Many of the editted messages use the new synonyms to work correctly, and might say odd things without the editted synonym file. The most editted descriptions tended to be for creatures.

With gooser's permission I'm posting this to share to share the customization with others have the same preference.

Remember to update the database in game to have working synonyms.

If you want 3rd or 1st person perspectives, you can simply copy/paste the 2nd person descriptions into 3rd or 1st person and update the grammar. I'd recommend something like notepad++ for quick ease of use with copy/pasting over the apropos editor. CTRL C + CTRL V will save you loads of time. Notepad++ also lets you use CTRL+F to find and replace words, for easy grammar changes.

48 minutes ago, Vidust said:

I think a lot of people would be interested to know how/if this would work in combination with Apropos2 Text DB Update. Are they not compatible?

@Vidust They are not. Eadoo's defines more synonym keys (not just values) which his textual edits depend upon. It might be worth Eadoo's time to see if he can incorporate these changes into his mod.

3 hours ago, Vidust said:

I think a lot of people would be interested to know how/if this would work in combination with Apropos2 Text DB Update. Are they not compatible?

It's not, unfortunately. I was unaware that Apropos2 Text DB Update existed when I made this (I really should have done some basic research) so there was no compatibility in mind. It would be easier to start over filtering Eadoo's DB descriptions directly using their synonyms than to somehow make this compatible.

Which could be done but... I don't really want to. Plus I'd need their permission as well.

3 hours ago, NatibusAmator said:

It's not, unfortunately. I was unaware that Apropos2 Text DB Update existed when I made this (I really should have done some basic research) so there was no compatibility in mind. It would be easier to start over filtering Eadoo's DB descriptions directly using their synonyms than to somehow make this compatible.

Which could be done but... I don't really want to. Plus I'd need their permission as well.

the sheer volume of changes Eadoo has made in all database is incredible, would be so worth it if you both could liaise to incorporate your changes, they are awesome

Hey everybody!

The way I had *expected* folks to be doing this is the Apropos DB Filter.  However, since I shamelessly ripped off the database that @gooser was maintaining to create my own, I give blanket permission for anyone to rip mine off as well, presuming they state it's based on mine, and which version it forked from, if that's how they prefer to do it.

For a while now, I've been thinking about the idea of "Kink Kits" - scripts that would kick off to patch or unpatch certain kinks into my DB, and mind break is definitely one of those.  This work may be the basis of the mainline DB, with Mind Break KK being the first of these kits, probably using something basic like diff.

@NatibusAmator, if you can tell me when you think your first version is done, I can create the diffs and experiment for a future release.

14 hours ago, Eadoo said:

Hey everybody!

The way I had *expected* folks to be doing this is the Apropos DB Filter.  However, since I shamelessly ripped off the database that @gooser was maintaining to create my own, I give blanket permission for anyone to rip mine off as well, presuming they state it's based on mine, and which version it forked from, if that's how they prefer to do it.

For a while now, I've been thinking about the idea of "Kink Kits" - scripts that would kick off to patch or unpatch certain kinks into my DB, and mind break is definitely one of those.  This work may be the basis of the mainline DB, with Mind Break KK being the first of these kits, probably using something basic like diff.

@NatibusAmator, if you can tell me when you think your first version is done, I can create the diffs and experiment for a future release.

It doesn't seem like Apropos DB Filter would work for this usage. Filtering by certain words would remove many messages that shouldn't be removed, the same problem would happen moreso with tags. The filter would be good for removing ALL nonconsentual descriptions, or removing all incest or something like that. It's good for heavy-handed filtering.

I'll try to go through it within the next couple of days.

6 hours ago, Dojo_dude said:

Sexist Guards has theme features. All characters in view file are 18+.. >.>

I've used Sexist Guards before, it's a good mod but it doesn't have anywhere near the depth Apropos2 has in terms of descriptions. The two can work well together though, if that's the kind of immersion you're looking for. 

As for your 2nd statement I'm not sure what you mean. If you're referring to the screenshots, I use petite bodytypes rather than the usual exaggerated THICC that seems to be the norm on LL. Petite =/= underrage. If it's necessary, though, I can remove the screenshots or replace them. The bodytype used isn't relevant to the files at all.

On 1/5/2021 at 3:51 PM, Vidust said:

On 1/5/2021 at 11:30 PM, Maddac said:

the sheer volume of changes Eadoo has made in all database is incredible, would be so worth it if you both could liaise to incorporate your changes, they are awesome

@Maddac @Vidust

I've made a different database based off of @Eadoo's work. 

It should be compatible, assuming synonyms show up in game correctly. That's I different problem I'm unable to fix, but have workaround versions uploaded that use plaintext replacements for synonyms. Edit: Seems to be mostly fixed now.

7 hours ago, NatibusAmator said:

@Maddac @Vidust

I've made a different database overhaul based off of @Eadoo's work. 

It should be compatible, assuming synonyms show up in game correctly. That's I different problem I'm unable to fix, but have workaround versions uploaded that use plaintext replacements for synonyms.

thank you, will try the full one, otherwise have downloaded plaintext version as well :)

22 hours ago, virgar68 said:

I have been using the apropos2 but after lownloading this, it says my skyrim is out of date

Unfortunately, I don't know anything about that particular problem and can't really help you. These files are just text changes of files that already exist in Apropos2, so should be fully compatible with SSE.

everything seemsto be working, just get the warning that my skyrim is out of date. It is not the first cross over mod to do this, but the others actually had a negative effect on the game. So far I have not seen anything bad come from this warning, so I am just ignoring and moving on. Thank you for trying to help.

• 1 month later...

On 1/6/2021 at 9:51 PM, NatibusAmator said:

As for your 2nd statement I'm not sure what you mean. If you're referring to the screenshots, I use petite bodytypes rather than the usual exaggerated THICC that seems to be the norm on LL.

Could you share what body type you're using, then? Can't seem to find any like it.

On 2/24/2021 at 12:40 PM, GayVampire said:

Could you share what body type you're using, then? Can't seem to find any like it.

It's just a UUNP - UNP perky preset that comes with bodyslide, but customized in game through sliders.

The tweaks are through bodyslide sliders in RaceMenu using UUNP Morphs, as well as additional sliders added by this tool https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/45235

Not something that I can export due to the skeleton slider tweaks unfortunately. I tend to constantly alter sliders throughout playthroughs based on preference as well -- so no singular body type.

If you want to recreate something similar, this is what I do to make a petite body that seems more natural than what can be made using bodyslide alone.

Open up RaceMenu and go to the Body Scales tab, then scale down a combination of Spine Length (Lower Hips) (Waist) or (Upper Hips) to your preference, generally for a total of -1.4 to -5, and keeping in mind what looks natural proportion-wise. -1.4 to -2.8 is the most natural looking. This is the general rule I use to make a character have more natural looking proportions vs the (imo vertically stretched out) look of the default body. Don't touch (Torso) or leg to body proportions or it will break things with the skeleton slider mod, and your character will become a grotesque creature with arms larger than his/her body.

For the skeleton tweaks, generally just tweak down the upper body (Spn0, Spn1, and Spn2) one tick at a time until it looks good to you. This also scales down the head size so it's a good idea to scale it back up to compensate. How much you do so is up to you. You can go farther and made the eyes/head larger proportionately for an anime type style (which is what I do), but this is just preference and can look very uncanny when taken too far.

Slightly scaled down pelvis/thigh is an option to make leg length proportionate as well, which looks better in animations. Then scale up your height to compensate. You will probably have to Alter Z level so you're not floating above the ground as well, especially if you changed pelvis/leg proportions.

For the UUNP Morphs, these are screenshots of my current ones. Every slider above what's shown is left at 0. https://imgur.com/a/XlBKJYy