(oops! First post, looks like I posted this in the wrong technical support channel, my bad.)

Hello,

I'm not new to Skyrim modding but I've just started undergoing the journey of transitioning to Skyrim SE by starting from scratch with my entire modlist (starting from none) and using Vortex with the new SKSE64 for SE, as well as the new Beta SexLab 1.63 (8+).

I've managed to get all graphical and vanilla mods up and running but some things SexLab-related have not been working correctly and seem to be missing features. SexLab itself seems fully installed and the MCM menu is intact and functional. SexLab Arousal, Creature Framework, and Creature Arousal all appear to be working (along with Schlongs of Skyrim (SE)).

My primary problem is with managing animations. First, SL Anim Loader (SE) appears in the MCM but when selected there are no options to go further into the menu – I just see the thumbnail picture. If I temporarily disable JContainers then I can see and open up the SLAL MCM menu all the way but none of my SLAL packs show up in the listing. I've made a careful effort to only pick out SLAL packs that have been SE-converted, so I'm not sure what is causing this, or why JContainers is creating an issue within the MCM. At least once I've had all the SLAL packnames show up under the SexLab MCM sidebar for some reason?

Despite this problem, animations still correctly fire and execute (If I initiate an encounter using something like HentaiCreatures) – of course, the only animations that fire are from the default SexLab (human & creature) animation list, and pressing '0' does not allow me to change animation sets (I'm guessing because there aren't any others!).

Secondly, I am missing MatchMaker functionality and do not have either of the target spells available. Is this no longer a feature yet for the Beta SexLab 1.63 (8+)?

What should I do to get these issues fixed? I've tried reinstalling all of the afflicted mods and nothing changed. Do I have a bad (not-SE/not-SKSE64 compatible) mod somewhere?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

I have resolved all dependencies within Vortex. FNIS lists ~19,000 animations are found and readable so I know they're there.

My relevant mod versions are:

870051523_2020-12-2517_10_09-Vortex.png.d17a1248059c2be312c9f6566c9136ed.png

460840846_2020-12-2517_10_25-Vortex.png.5a930c3601c9b76cb17b1521e6fca413.png496751362_2020-12-2517_11_10-Vortex.png.9a8c246cb2dc6a22de12b43962603c29.png

Some examples of the SLAL Packs that do not show up in the SLAL MCM: (mostly retrieved fromSexLab & More Nasty Critters Install Guide V4.5)

1819738228_2020-12-2517_11_59-Vortex.png.f65c527155e7a927dcc5184c8242d4da.png

29 minutes ago, NepalDragon said:

JContainers

go back one version. other people are saying the new one for SE is bugged.

30 minutes ago, NepalDragon said:

Secondly, I am missing MatchMaker functionality and do not have either of the target spells available

you need to download MatchMaker (the SLE version works in SSE as is, that's why there are no ports of it)

Thanks a lot MadMansGun. I'll go hunt down the one-version-older JContainers.

I searched forever to find if Matchmaker SE was a thing and didn't see it, so I assumed it was just included in the new SexLab 1.63 (8+). Glad that the old one still works.

I'll go make those changes and see if the problems are fixed.

I installed the one-version-older JContainers (4.1.2) and now I am able to navigate the full MCM of SL Anim Loader, however, the SLAL packs still do not show up in the sidebar despite using the 'Rebuild Registry' or 'Recheck/Reapply JSON' options. When I 'Count Animations' only the SexLab default anims are counted.

38909641_2020-12-2518_43_39-JContainersSEatSkyrimSpecialEditionNexus-ModsandCommunityMozillaFi.png.05df2398fb59c9fea3cf684496a93074.png

Within my files, all the SLAL packs' info seems correctly sorted into the Skyrim Special Edition\Data\SLAnims\json and \source folders (.JSON and .TXT files for each pack are there).

If it helps, I'm suspecting my Creature Framework mod version may be contributing to the problem because even though creature animations correctly fire, execute, and terminate with varying levels of arousal, the Creature Framework MCM menu always gives the generic message "Still installing/updating, please check again later" upon opening. I'm aware these are probably separate issues but then again I would not have previously suspected JContainers had I not disabled it on a whim.

Any ideas?

Right, I feel as though I've tried everything and if I can't find a solution by tomorrow night I will be redoing everything from scratch yet again.

I found out that installing Skyrim: SE to my ProgramFiles (x86) can be extremely problematic for tools and mods that handle perms and moving/writing files while playing (such as SL Anim Loader) and I'm starting to think this is the root of my problem here.

Some findings of my last troubleshooting session:

1) JContainers SE (one-version-older than the current build) appears to be incompatible with the newest SKSE64 build and the newest Creature Framework SE. So this solution did not work.

2) If I try disabling ALL of my SLAL packs to see if there's an animation limit or overload of sorts that's breaking things, the problem is still not fixed. Additionally, FNIS says that all of these animations are still readable and loaded which doesn't make any sense. Does this mean that Vortex is not correctly handling these SLAL packs? I forgot to re-sort plugins oops. All other problems persist.

3) Even if I choose an actor who I know has multiple animations for the default SexLab animlist, I cannot use the default '0' SexLab Framework hotkey (nor any rebind) to choose which animation to fire. This leads me to believe that there's something more fundamentally broken within my build.

As I recall from when I installed SLAL, you'll need to uninstall your animation packs and then reinstall them, ***now that SLAL is working***

Because ( I think) SLAL needs to be working properly before you install animations packs, so that they are recognized *by* SLAL. (effectively, SLAL is a prerequisite mod for animation packs, even if not literally)

Same sort of thing as bodyslides. If Bodyslide isn't installed (and working properly) when you install a bodyslide, it will not be recognized later on when you install Bodyslide. Bodylside needs to be in place for the bodyslide (preset) data to be inserted into Bodyslide's listings.

so, the "correct" configuraiton is accomplished by

1. installing SLAL (mod manager)
  2. installing animation packs (mod manager)
  3. register selected animations (chosen and registered from SLAL MCM)

because

1. installing animation packs (mod manager)
  2. installing SLAL (mod manager)
  3. register selected animations (chosen and registered from SLAL MCM)

doesn't work.

Hello Anjenthedog,

I tried your suggestion and no such luck. Exactly the same issue persists as before. I appreciate you taking the time to provide a possible solution though.

I was about to give up and start all over until I finally made a major breakthrough! I decided to go one-version-back on SKSE64 (to Version 2.0.17) as a last-ditch effort. It didn't fix anything but it did tell me JContainers was not compatible yet again. So I went and updated JContainers to the newest version (4.1.13) and this FIXED it! I can now see all my SLAL packs in the SL Anim Loader MCM sidebar, successfully enable, register, and use them. So damn happy.

• So for anyone having this issue, I'd recommend mix-and-matching SKSE versions and JContainers versions until your MCM menu works.

The only catch is that I've created new problems in doing so, but they seem a lot more concrete at least.

1) Animations cause CTD upon firing.

2) I still cannot open, use, or see the Change Animation Set menu for SexLab (default hotkey '0') so I cannot control which animation will play.

I will look into solutions for Problem #1 next because at least I know there's likely a lot more forum posts and resources about something as concrete as a CTD.

However, I have no idea what would be causing the issue with Problem #2? Anyone encounter something like that?

Progress, progress.

Must be something on your end, best way to pinpoint what it is would be starting a new test game with the bare minimal mods enabled and add more mods a few at a time until you can reproduce the issue. I've been using SKSE 2.0.19 and Jcontainers 4.1.13 for months now, no issues. Note that in SE some MCM menus can take a while to fully display (it's registered and appears in the MCM list, but if you open it you'll see it empty for a few seconds). For me it's usually a 3-4 sec wait once I open the SLAL menu. 

OK!

Everything sorta fixed itself after disabling and re-enabling anything at all related to animations and testing them one by one. All human and creature animations fire, execute, and terminate without CTD or other errors.

The only problem left is: [on SexLab 1.63 (8+)]

2) I still cannot open, use, or see the Change Animation Set menu for SexLab (default hotkey '0') so I cannot control which animation will play. I cannot cycle through them either.

I would try downgrading to one of the slightly older versions of the new SexLab SE Framework but I really don't want to break everything again. This is my only hunch because I also noticed 'Cum Effects' are not applied after M/F animations are finished even though that box is checked.

5 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

it's H not 0

Not sure what you mean --if I open the SexLab MCM and go to 'Change Animation Set' under Player Hotkeys, the default listed is '0'. If I force the mod to revert any changes to hotkeys to default, it remains '0'.

I tried 'H' regardless and it didn't do anything.

48 minutes ago, NepalDragon said:

I tried 'H' regardless and it didn't do anything.

i'm guessing you don't have SL tools installed then.

48 minutes ago, NepalDragon said:

if I open the SexLab MCM and go to 'Change Animation Set' under Player Hotkeys, the default listed is '0'. If I force the mod to revert any changes to hotkeys to default, it remains '0'.

that one is o, not 0.

• 1 year later...