Sims 3 vs Sims 4 Mod Scene?

Hi, I was looking to re-buy a Sims game on Steam and pick up some LoversLab mods for it. I used to play Sims 3, and I recall the NSFW mod scene being very big for it, while the recently-released Sims 4 was... not so big. Has that changed at all? Which game do you recommend as far as adult mods go? I never played Sims 4 in general either. Is it a much better game than Sims 3?

@losenucius This is just my personal opinion but here goes:

I used to play Sims 3, and I recall the NSFW mod scene being very big for it, while the recently-released Sims 4 was... not so big. Has that changed at all?

Yes, that was the case until a few years ago. I'm very impressed with the modding scene in Sims 4 at present, NSFW or otherwise.

Which game do you recommend as far as adult mods go?

I'd have to say Sims 4 at this point. Many of those that were involved in Sims 3 modding moved on to 4 and that was a turning point; 4 mods continued to improve while 3 was slowly and steadily losing interest.

I never played Sims 4 in general either. Is it a much better game than Sims 3?

That's a big fat NO from me. All I truly needed to enjoy Sims 3 were many of Nraas mods, Kinkyworld and a few edits to some files for better stability and that was it. Sims 4 has been very disappointing in terms of actual gameplay, but at least it's stable.

That said... mods for Sims 4 have come such a long way that the gap is much smaller for me nowadays. I still miss many things from 3, but so much more has been covered from getting the right mods and I play 4 more than I play 3 nowadays, so that says a lot. Mods have truly saved Sims 4 for me.

On 12/19/2020 at 8:46 PM, losenucius said:

Hi, I was looking to re-buy a Sims game on Steam and pick up some LoversLab mods for it. I used to play Sims 3, and I recall the NSFW mod scene being very big for it, while the recently-released Sims 4 was... not so big. Has that changed at all? Which game do you recommend as far as adult mods go? I never played Sims 4 in general either. Is it a much better game than Sims 3?

The loading screens really kill the game, but one can play it. One may walk over to the neighbour house and peep inside - it's empty. Clicking on 'visit' will load the house (loading screen ?) and one can visit then the neighbours which were also loaded.

For $5 there's little one can do wrong to take a look at the game and WW or Nisa mods.

Many sims, clothes and animations are available here.

The NSFW mod/script scene is again 'not so big' as LL has banned ColonolNutty some days ago.

Not sure whether and how CN continues, hopefully he does. Many users use his mods as WW misses many features.