Rieklings, Trolls and other Things

Rieklings, Trolls and other Things

View File

***Update Notice: The original Version had the wrong file format. You may get CTD when you remove it in favor for the new version and play an old save in which the old version was active. I recommend a new save. It may be possible to use the new version without removing the old one (the new ESP would override it) but i neither tested that nor do i recommend it.***

This is a small plugin that adds Rieklings (melee, missile and mounted),Trolls, Werebears and Dremora to the levelled lists of Prey Animals (Elk, Deer, Goat, Horker). The Animals are not replaced and can still spawn. There is just a chance that a one or more of the mentioned enemies is spawned instead.

At level 1 you will encounter regular rieklings and Trolls. With higher level you will also see higher tier Rieklings (and higher numbers - but not very much) and also Werebears and Dremora (also different tiers depending on playerlevel)

Dragonborn DLC is required.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    12/10/2020
  • Category
  • Requires
    Dragonborn DLC
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    No

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, saltshade said:

Is it correct to name the file .esl? Requiem doesn't like it and I haven't seen other mods with that extension. Esps keep their extension even when loaded as esls, but I don't know how it works with esms.

You are probably right. When i made that mod in TESEdit i chose the esl-format and TESEdit created the .esl file. I already updated this esl to more and level-based encounters but in the meantime I realised the problems with the ESL format. The Problem is, it isnt just a light mod, it is a light master and removing it can cause CTD when playing a savegame in which it was previously loaded.

I will maybe create a new ESP version with esl Flag. Its not very complicated to do it from scratch. But that also means i will have to start a complete new game and i am a bit tired of doing that :) . For now i ll add a warning in the description.

2 hours ago, Heinz01 said:

I will maybe create a new ESP version with esl Flag....

New ESP Version with more encounters is available. Please read the update notice. Its not safe to just remove the old .esl and try to continue the same save. I made an critical error with the original version. Sorry for any inconviniences 

11 hours ago, Heinz01 said:

New ESP Version with more encounters is available. Please read the update notice. Its not safe to just remove the old .esl and try to continue the same save. I made an critical error with the original version. Sorry for any inconviniences 

Well, I just ruined my current game because I deleted some necessary files(only level 6 though), so I will try that new file instead.

Would be nice to have some configuration options to edit the likelihood for or toggle the enemies, having more trolls is nice but the rieklings in Skyrim feel somewhat unimmersive (also they are really getting on my nerves as I recently started a new game).

On 1/18/2021 at 10:37 PM, Jay. said:

Would be nice to have some configuration options to edit the likelihood for or toggle the enemies, having more trolls is nice but the rieklings in Skyrim feel somewhat unimmersive (also they are really getting on my nerves as I recently started a new game).

You can edit the leveled lists yourself in xEdit and delete the rieklings. It won't ruin anything.

On 1/18/2021 at 10:37 PM, Jay. said:

1 hour ago, saltshade said:

You can edit the leveled lists yourself in xEdit and delete the rieklings. It won't ruin anything.

Hi, as Saltshade wrote, you can just edit the File in TESEdit, make a Rightclick and choose remove like in this screenshot:

image.png.23d5cffe9e24baa8a8fbb16be0b18c4f.png

I want to have more rieklings, so I tried increasing the count on each entry, but I'm only getting 2 rieklings, even if I set it to 4 or more. It doesn't seem to matter how much I set it to. I'm still only getting 2 rieklings. Do you know how it works and how I can get more actors from each spawn? They are too weak to pose a challenge in low numbers, and you want to get defeated by them. ;)

It would also be nice if you could get a mix of melee and ranged, if that's possible.

3 hours ago, saltshade said:

I want to have more rieklings, so I tried increasing the count on each entry, but I'm only getting 2 rieklings, even if I set it to 4 or more. It doesn't seem to matter how much I set it to. I'm still only getting 2 rieklings. Do you know how it works and how I can get more actors from each spawn?

not really. sometimes i get more, sometimes less. It seems to be totally random. I think when you enter "Count 3" it will spawn 1, 2 or 3. You could try some insane numbers to see if it makes a difference. 

It would also be nice if you could get a mix of melee and ranged, if that's possible.

This may be possible when you create a sublist, which contains different enemies and then enter that sublist in the levelled lists entries instead of the specific enemy type. Didnt try that.

Another solution would be to edit the other animal lists (ambient animals and predators) too. If for example on the road northeast of riverwood we have 3 different types of animal spawns close to each other, which could then spawn different rieklings.

13 hours ago, Heinz01 said:

not really. sometimes i get more, sometimes less. It seems to be totally random. I think when you enter "Count 3" it will spawn 1, 2 or 3. You could try some insane numbers to see if it makes a difference. 

This may be possible when you create a sublist, which contains different enemies and then enter that sublist in the levelled lists entries instead of the specific enemy type. Didnt try that.

Another solution would be to edit the other animal lists (ambient animals and predators) too. If for example on the road northeast of riverwood we have 3 different types of animal spawns close to each other, which could then spawn different rieklings.

The thing is I've tested it on a lot of spawn points and each one only spawned two Rieklings. It can't be coincidence.

On 1/22/2021 at 9:17 AM, saltshade said:

The thing is I've tested it on a lot of spawn points and each one only spawned two Rieklings. It can't be coincidence.

I cant say certainly, i m just guessing. Maybe i saw that on a location with 2 spawnpoints next to each other. There is for example a pond on the way between whiterun and rorikstead (a few meters south of that small vampire cave), that seems to have at least two spawns because i had 2 trolls and 3 rieklings spawned there, on another run there where only two rieklings.