Lovers Creatures 2.5 and FCOM

So I'd like to have both FCOM and my select Lovers plugins up and running, but I want FCOM's original creature looks and effects with dicks from Lovers Creatures Replacer and the female creatures from 2.5, so will they work, if I install the Lovers mods first and then overwrite them with FCOM or will FCOM override the meshes and i'll get no female creatures or dicks, or will my game just crash, because of conflicts?

Tried installing LAPF and Creatures Replacer and Creatures 2.5 from the cutting-edge releases thread, but they overrode the FCOM creatures and they all looked the same - even the special zombie boss with red textures was now a normal zombie and none of the creatures used or reacted to any Lovers spells.

I know there's a lovers creatures FCOM patch, but that one's old, so probably won't involve 2.5 Alpha. 

Any help?

Whichever mod you install last will overwrite the other.  Unless you want to spend time reworking the meshes, that pretty much the way it will be.  If you install FCOM last, some of the creature animations may not work right, because some LC animations require special skeletons that go with those meshes.  Not sure if FCOM overwrites skeletons, so I can't answer that.  You can try the patch and see what happens, as there is not good solution without it.  I don't think you'll get crashes, but who knows.  FCOM is pretty damn complicated.  Personally that is why I went with OOO:  https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/46199?tab=description

You get many of the same things but it is not such a mishmash of mods jambed together.  You don't get the monsters that MMM adds unfortunately, but to me that was acceptable to have LC function.  Just something to think about.  

Cheers,

Greg

Thanks. If the skeleton is part of the mesh, then FCOM is likely to replace it then. So basically, the only two options I have is to try to get Mod Organizer to work and have two mod "sets" running, that I can turn on/off, or give up on FCOM - namely MMM. MMM is my favourite mod, though. Pretty much installing Oblivion only because of MMM, Midas Magic, Ayleid Steps and LAPF and maybe some environment mods I like. Pity I can't get it to work, than :/

I'm not saying you can't get it to work.  I'm not even saying lovers creatures won't work with FCOM.  It may. And the patch you found may still get the job done.  If FCOM is what you really want to do, then do it.  Just install the lovers mods and then FCOM.  Remember to make sure nothing overwrites the LAPF humanoid skeleton.  Then see what you have to work with. Worst case you may have a couple of creatures that you have to either modify to add dicks, do without a dick or switch back to the LC creature to work.

Keep in mind, normal creatures you find in the game do not have dicks.  Only creatures you summon with the LC spell.  You can add dicks to the creatures, and their are mods that do that around here somewhere.  So it may not be all that bad.  MO makes having two setups pretty easy.

Okay, thanks. Having no dicks is a better alternative, to having bland vanilla creatures and creatures with mismatched textures. What about the female creature models? Can I get those to work? And last question; can Wrye, OBMM and MO work together?

The skeleton is never part of the body mesh.

In every cratures folder is a skeleton.nif.  The creatures Body and head nif have skeleton bones so the nif works with the skeleton.nif.

With LoversCreatures2 ( not 2.5) you can use my Cretures replacer with dicks,that add dicks to the normal creatures / the vanilla Oblivion creatures. But the always have erect dicks.

1 hour ago, Clefr said:

Okay, thanks. Having no dicks is a better alternative, to having bland vanilla creatures and creatures with mismatched textures. What about the female creature models? Can I get those to work? And last question; can Wrye, OBMM and MO work together?

While fejenna is correct, the skeleton is not part of the mesh, the mesh IS linked to the skeleton and won't work right unless the skeleton is compatible.  You won't know until you try it.  Also, the animations for that creature is tied directly to the skeleton.  If the new creature uses a compatible skeleton to LC, then the animation will work just fine.  Again, you won't know until you try it most likely.

Female creatures should work just fine.  MMM most likely won't mess with them, unless it has female creatures as well.  

I don't think Wyre or OBMM will work with MO.  Wrye and OBMM expect mods to be in the game folder.  MO does a virtual folder.  Besides, you don't need Wrye or OBMM as MO can do everything they can.  Your call.

On 11/25/2020 at 7:28 PM, gregathit said:

While fejenna is correct, the skeleton is not part of the mesh, the mesh IS linked to the skeleton and won't work right unless the skeleton is compatible.  You won't know until you try it.  Also, the animations for that creature is tied directly to the skeleton.  If the new creature uses a compatible skeleton to LC, then the animation will work just fine.  Again, you won't know until you try it most likely.

Female creatures should work just fine.  MMM most likely won't mess with them, unless it has female creatures as well.  

I don't think Wyre or OBMM will work with MO.  Wrye and OBMM expect mods to be in the game folder.  MO does a virtual folder.  Besides, you don't need Wrye or OBMM as MO can do everything they can.  Your call.

Thanks. I also plan on studying game design later this year, so all of this is good info on how the game handls animations and stuff. Managed to get OCOv2 work as well today - i've had a lot of issues with mismatched textures on orcs, but it turns out they were using mixed textures, because of the .bsa timestamps overwriting each other. The way this game works is just ... it just works, like Todd said.

Hmm, MO seems way superior to them, then. But I miss the ability to do a bashed patch.