Hotkey Weirdness

I decided to take a Sims break and haven't played in about 3 weeks so I fired up the game today. It hasn't been updated with the latest Snowy Escape patches as I've kept the game in off-line mode. Everything is exactly the same as when I stopped playing. For some strange reason, the hotkey function is not working.

I've deleted the localthumbcache. I've done a WW save clean. I have Experimental Mode turned on. I even tried resetting WW back to stock default settings. Nothing is working. It's not just on one save either. It's happening with all of them regardless of what WW settings I have enabled.

This is really frustrating as I can't seem to pinpoint the problem. Any clues as to how I can solve this? It was working just fine before I took a break.

I have the same problem but have been unable to find a solution. All the same symptoms as you're seeing. I've deleted the localthumbcache. A clean save, Experimental Mode turned on, reset WW to stock default settings...nothing works.  I've done a lot of searching and I see some folks claim it's a bug from the game itself but that doesn't seem to make sense to me. It's been playing for quite a long time and the progression hotkey has always worked for me.  Now, it just suddenly stopped working.  A bit frustrating because I used it a lot.

Thanks. I realize the issue probably isn't with WW and, therefore, Turbodriver probably shouldn't waste time trying to figure it out. It's just one of those things that bothers me... It's worked on my Windows-based machine for a very long time. Then just suddenly stopped. I didn't update the game, I didn't update to a new WW version. So seemingly, under the same environment, it just stopped working. I've since updated to newer version of the game and WW in hopes that it would fix it, but it hasn't. I'll just do more testing and if I come across anything productive I'll let folks know.

19 hours ago, MAH1358 said:

Thanks. I realize the issue probably isn't with WW and, therefore, Turbodriver probably shouldn't waste time trying to figure it out. It's just one of those things that bothers me... It's worked on my Windows-based machine for a very long time. Then just suddenly stopped. I didn't update the game, I didn't update to a new WW version. So seemingly, under the same environment, it just stopped working. I've since updated to newer version of the game and WW in hopes that it would fix it, but it hasn't. I'll just do more testing and if I come across anything productive I'll let folks know.

Our situation is exactly the same and I still haven't found anything to fix it. It's really strange because absolutely nothing in my game or my system has been changed since the last time I played and everything was working perfectly then.

At least all my other WW settings are fine. It's just the hotkey issue. Oh well, I guess I'll just go without.

Not sure how helpful this will be to anyone but....I patched my game from the Nov 10 patch to the latest Nov 17 patch (1.68.156.1020) and I updated my MCCC from 7.5.2 to 7.5.3 and now my WW hotkey works again. I'm not sure why that would make a difference though because my hotkey stopped working before I updated to the Nov 10 patch.

On 11/23/2020 at 11:01 PM, MAH1358 said:

Not sure how helpful this will be to anyone but....I patched my game from the Nov 10 patch to the latest Nov 17 patch (1.68.156.1020) and I updated my MCCC from 7.5.2 to 7.5.3 and now my WW hotkey works again. I'm not sure why that would make a difference though because my hotkey stopped working before I updated to the Nov 10 patch.

Well, I broke down and updated and everything is working fine again. I don't understand it as EA didn't have access to my computer to change anything before because I kept it offline. I wanted to make sure all my mods were updated before patching my game. Anyway, patching it fixed the issue.