Conflicting meshes/textures

makotousaki

So far, I've been using NMM to install mods and only recently with the discovery of Loverslab have I been manually inputting mods. There is something I cannot find out how to fix and I've been trying to fix it for a while now. When I'm using a race like Lovergirls, Ashen, or I guess any custom race, I cannot access all of their eyes/noses/mouths on the sliders. For example, when I use "showracemenu" and I see that the eye/nose/mouth is defaulted to a high number like 40(example). And then when I try to change it, it immediately goes to a number like 20 or so, and the slider is now capped to that number. A lot of people have been telling me that it's a problem with the custom race itself, or it's a vanilla problem, but I am not sure how to fix them. I'm considering just doing a complete wipe of my Skyrim data and installing all the mods from scratch, but that is no guarantee that I will not mess up again. Is there a way to probably fix this?

I apologize for my English. I think it is very confusing when typed.

makotousaki, on 27 Mar 2013 - 21:24, said:
So far, I've been using NMM to install mods and only recently with the discovery of Loverslab have I been manually inputting mods. There is something I cannot find out how to fix and I've been trying to fix it for a while now. When I'm using a race like Lovergirls, Ashen, or I guess any custom race, I cannot access all of their eyes/noses/mouths on the sliders. For example, when I use "showracemenu" and I see that the eye/nose/mouth is defaulted to a high number like 40(example). And then when I try to change it, it immediately goes to a number like 20 or so, and the slider is now capped to that number. A lot of people have been telling me that it's a problem with the custom race itself, or it's a vanilla problem, but I am not sure how to fix them. I'm considering just doing a complete wipe of my Skyrim data and installing all the mods from scratch, but that is no guarantee that I will not mess up again. Is there a way to probably fix this?

I apologize for my English. I think it is very confusing when typed.

Probably is because some mods that add eyes/noses/mouths might not be compatible with the custom race that you are using so when you go to change them it jumps to the ones that work with the race.

Try to uninstall then reinstall your custom race after removing the stuff that you do not want as if anything overwrote your custom race you would have to do that so that your custom race overwrites anything that the other things added that overwrote your custom race. Having your custom race towards the bottom of the load order can also keep things from overwriting it when the game loads up. Because with load order first come first server goes first. So say if your custom race is at the top of the load order and game loads up. The custom race loads first but anything that loads after it can change things with the custom race and will overwrite what the custom race loaded up. So having it at the bottom of the load order the things that would overwrite it load first then the custom race loads up and overwrites them instead.

Sorry this is troubling, I can't seem to get it to work after your suggestion. I've disabled the mods that might've conflicted with and uninstalled and reinstalled the race, but the sliders still won't reach up to their intended amount. Furthermore,  when I did disable the mods (through NMM), I noticed that some of the eyes were still vanilla eyes, causing the character to have a zombie-like look where the pupils are always pointing up. I might just do a wipe of all my mods and reinstall Skyrim from scratch, but before I do, is might there be another way to maybe fix this?

Archived