PJ - Darker Skin for Dark Elfs & RedGuards

PJ - Darker Skin for Dark Elfs & RedGuards

View File

-The mod is now Stable! Feel Free to download now!-

This is a simple mod that makes Both The Dark Elf and Redguard use a Darker texture, since the ones i use and others before tend to be a bit pale, it does fit nice for the Other races but, for the redguards they always end being kinda pale and as far as i know Dark elfs are suppoused to be Dark...? right? is like making a race and calling it Pale ones and they're Dark green... It just doesn't make sense you know...?

-INSTALLATION-

Just grab the Data folder from the .rar file and drop it in your Skyrim directory, or use your mod manager.

If it asks you to replace something it means that is going to replace the FaceData from the Vanilla Dark elfs and Redguards,

if you have mods that change NPC's from both races it might restore them to Vanilla, check NEWS to see what i have to say about NPC from mods or mods that edit NPC's Looks.

-NEWS-

The mod is Now Stable, after hours of Fixing and Testing, i encounter no further issues,

The mod is currently compatible with Vanilla NPC's, im currently working on the other DLC's,

I won't be doing Npc from other mods, but in the next update i will add a tutorial to show ya how to make

Redguards and Dark Elfs from mods compatible with my mod, even mods that replace/edit NPC's faces..

-For the love of god read this Cause you're gonna have to do more than just installing the .ESP-

Read carefully, this mod is not done by itself, you need to do something too, if there was only one Female Texture i would upload the textures with this mod, but this is about you using a darker version of the texture of your choice, so you're going to make the textures, which is pretty simple.

1- You'll need GIMP or Software that can open and manipulate .dds files-

2- Go to "Skyrim\Data\textures\actors\character\female" and open the Diffuse textures of the female that you use (Face, Hands, And Body)-

3- Change the brightness to whatever you like, don't go to far or they will become a black void! If you use GIMP I recommend to going to "Colors > Hue-Saturation" And set the "Lightness" to -80 But since not all textures are the same "Brightness" you should test it and set it how you want it!-

4- After you're done, Export the texture and name them it like this: "Dark_femalebody_1.dds" , "Dark_femalehands_1.dds" and "Dark_femalehead.dds", without the quotes of course, and save them in the same File path you took the original Textures from-

5- Play the game and check if the textures are to your liking!-

If you encounter any issues during the making of the textures let me know and i'll see if i can help.

Of course, This (As far as i know) is compatible with any body, Vanilla, UUNP, CBBE, etc!

and i won't share any textures here, but if you made one for a specific body texture and want to share it in the comments, feel free to do so, but please, if you do i beg you to leave a link to the original Body texture with your new Darker version of the texture.

If you find any issues let me know!

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    10/29/2020
  • Category
  • Requires
    GIMP or software that can open and manipulate .DDS Files
  • Special Edition Compatible
    Not Applicable

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/9/2021 at 3:45 PM, whatsoldier said:

How can I make this work for a skin that has its own esp? Besides femalebody_1.dds  I have another texture called femalebody_3.dds. Normalmaps also change according to the weight. Your mod only works for me when I disable the skin esp.

Can you link me to your mod?

cuz tbh i've never seen a mod that changes normals depending on the weight.

On 1/29/2021 at 2:50 AM, Pickle_Juice said:

Can you link me to your mod?

cuz tbh i've never seen a mod that changes normals depending on the weight.

I use a modified version of this skin:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/97095

You can see the normalmap change in one of the pics. The esp file also changes diffuse maps so first I thought this might be the issue. I replaced the esp with the esp from this mod (GUK UNP.7z in downloads):

This esp changes the normalmaps only (without diffuse) but with more variation. When I use it alongside with your esp only the head and hands change to the darker textures. Btw is the data folder from your mod really necessary? For me it works fine without it, as long as I dont use the normalmap changer at the same time.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/30/2021 at 11:57 AM, whatsoldier said:

I use a modified version of this skin:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/97095

You can see the normalmap change in one of the pics. The esp file also changes diffuse maps so first I thought this might be the issue. I replaced the esp with the esp from this mod (GUK UNP.7z in downloads):

This esp changes the normalmaps only (without diffuse) but with more variation. When I use it alongside with your esp only the head and hands change to the darker textures. Btw is the data folder from your mod really necessary? For me it works fine without it, as long as I dont use the normalmap changer at the same time.

Hello! sorry for the long reply, now, i see what's the problem here, so let me see if i can explain it.

Every body weight in this mod, uses a different texture, and every texture in this mod uses a script to work, the problem here is that i would need to make and alter every script, every texture to have a darker Redguard and Dark elf, which would take time to do, so the reason this mod is incompatible with my mod.

Is because this mod uses different textures for one character, while my mod only uses one texture for one character.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/1/2021 at 3:29 AM, hornykarl said:

Would love to see this. I have a lot of face textures not matching bodies. I'm not sure if it's from High Poly HeadHigh Poly NPCs, or The Ordinary Women, but those are the mods that have conflicting files with this one.

Hello! i haven't been on skyrim much lately but my interest came back, if it remains i will start to update all the mods i still need to update, this one is on the list, for npc's for the other dlc's and the tutorial, but lemme settle in and remember how to do it >.< cuz i forgot!

• 4 months later...

@Pickle_Juice and others, I'm very interested in this mod. Getting darker skin tons for Dunmer and Redguards is a long-term back burner item on my modding plan. Of course, I have a lot of mods in my setup so I expect I'll need to manually regenerate a lot of facegen. The mod page seems to imply that there's more to it than just going control-F4 in the CK, so I'm guessing the alternate skin texture isn't getting picked up by the CK?

I know the full tutorial is coming eventually, but in the meanwhile can you give a TL;DR version to get me moving in the right direction? I can probably figure out the details if you can help me understand the broad strokes of the procedure.

Or am I overthinking this? Can I just use a batch NIF editor to manually change the texture path on the existing Facegen to quickly retrofit other NPCs?

Edited by gregaaz
19 hours ago, gregaaz said:

@Pickle_Juice and others, I'm very interested in this mod. Getting darker skin tons for Dunmer and Redguards is a long-term back burner item on my modding plan. Of course, I have a lot of mods in my setup so I expect I'll need to manually regenerate a lot of facegen. The mod page seems to imply that there's more to it than just going control-F4 in the CK, so I'm guessing the alternate skin texture isn't getting picked up by the CK?

From my experience with a similar mod, you should only need to redo the facegen. The difference here is that this mod doesn't include the darker textures, instead giving you instructions on how to create your own by darkening your skin texture of choice.

3 hours ago, chaimhewast said:

From my experience with a similar mod, you should only need to redo the facegen. The difference here is that this mod doesn't include the darker textures, instead giving you instructions on how to create your own by darkening your skin texture of choice.

Yeah the reason why im not giving textures is because is about you using the texture of your own choice, since there's a lot of textures for both cbbe and unp, so i didn't want to limit users of this mod (thanks for the interest btw) to be forced on using only one texture, maybe you like better females textures? but how about this one being only based of demoniac textures? nah ah! you pick what you want!

23 hours ago, gregaaz said:

I know the full tutorial is coming eventually, but in the meanwhile can you give a TL;DR version to get me moving in the right direction? I can probably figure out the details if you can help me understand the broad strokes of the procedure.

Or am I overthinking this? Can I just use a batch NIF editor to manually change the texture path on the existing Facegen to quickly retrofit other NPCs?

Hehe, saldy i forgot how to do it, lemme try to free some time in the near future to see how to do it, but as far as i remember all you gotta do is

1-select the DLC or mods that contain the npc's that you want to modify with this mod.

2-select my mod, don't select any as active file (but if you don't want an extra .esp then just select my mod or the mod you want to modify as the active file)

3-look for the characters that you want to modify, select them all and then hit ctrl+f4

4-then save the new .esp and name it whatever you want (but if you didn't want an extra .esp, then just save the active file with those changes)

5-run the game and see if it worked.

if it did worked then, it's time to edit the body textures! which you can find in the mod's desc, but i'll paste them here if you want.

1- You'll need GIMP or Software that can open and manipulate .dds files-

2- Go to "Skyrim\Data\textures\actors\character\female" and open the Diffuse textures of the female that you use (Face, Hands, And Body)-

3- Change the brightness to whatever you like, don't go to far or they will become a black void! If you use GIMP I recommend to going to "Colors > Hue-Saturation" And set the "Lightness" to -80 But since not all textures are the same "Brightness" you should test it and set it how you want it!-

4- After you're done, Export the texture and name them it like this: "Dark_femalebody_1.dds" , "Dark_femalehands_1.dds" and "Dark_femalehead.dds", without the quotes of course, and save them in the same File path you took the original Textures from-

5- Play the game and check if the textures are to your liking!-

lemme know how it came out!

if you guys don't have or want to get GIMP feel free to drop me the textures here in the comments and i'll gladly darken them for ya! just remember to delete the textures you shared afterwards, out of respect for the mod authors, for me to see your darken texture request just post the textures here in the comments with the following pasted in said comment

-RE-TEXTURE THIS PLEASE-

Edited by Pickle_Juice
1 hour ago, gregaaz said:

Thanks @Pickle_Juice, this is really solid information. I have GIMP so that part isn't the problem, I was mostly just curious about the most efficient way to create the new facegen. Between your post and @chaimhewast's - as well as the discovery of this handy little script - I think I am ready to go in retrofitting the darker textures only my 1058 plugin setup!

No probs dude! i hope you finish it without any problems! if you do though, lemme know i might be able to help! i haven't tried that patcher, but hopefully it will make the proccess faster than already is! lemme know how it goes!

1 hour ago, Pickle_Juice said:

No probs dude! i hope you finish it without any problems! if you do though, lemme know i might be able to help! i haven't tried that patcher, but hopefully it will make the proccess faster than already is! lemme know how it goes!

I'll keep you posted on how it comes out. This is a bit of a dry run for some other face part changes I want to push out, such as different teeth for mer, so I'm excited to see how it turns out. 

3 hours ago, gregaaz said:

I'll keep you posted on how it comes out. This is a bit of a dry run for some other face part changes I want to push out, such as different teeth for mer, so I'm excited to see how it turns out. 

Good luck on the teeth part, i can't wait to see what you make from this!

3 hours ago, ungodlytomato said:

I'd recommend Paint.NET instead of GIMP. It can open and save .dds textures right out of the box and is much simpler to use. I did some simple hue, colour balance, gamma and other adjustments with it and it worked nicely.

?? Do you have some screens? i would love to see what you got!

9 hours ago, Pickle_Juice said:

?? Do you have some screens? i would love to see what you got!

Here is a before and after using the first vanilla skin colour option. I very slightly adjusted it further in racemenu. Looks pretty noice imo.

Pic is NSFW.

Spoiler

aaa.png.1d3b71c86a3be1dbf034ec3884c75ffb.png

CBBE, Bi Phenotypes, Community Overlays, Body of Plenty, Sexy Random Idles.

2 hours ago, ungodlytomato said:

Here is a before and after using the first vanilla skin colour option. I very slightly adjusted it further in racemenu. Looks pretty noice imo.

Pic is NSFW.

Hide contents

aaa.png.1d3b71c86a3be1dbf034ec3884c75ffb.png

CBBE, Bi Phenotypes, Community Overlays, Body of Plenty, Sexy Random Idles.

Very nice - thank you for the tip about Paint.net