Current GPU is a 1060 8 GB. Fallout runs like garbage. Why?

I've tried optimizing the game many times over. I only once achieved a stable 60 fps with ENB but my system can't do it anymore. Can anyone explain if it's possible to achieve this again? Is there a proper guide as well as advice on what I should avoid to do this? 

I can run Skyrim SSE near flawlessly with tons of textures/hdt/enb all running. But for some reason my return to Fallout has been gimped....
(I am going to upgrade to a 3080 though, I just need to find one....) 

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me figure this out for now.

54 minutes ago, DremoraDream said:

So then there's no way I'm going to get much better than the performance I have no? I don't really know how I was able to achieve a game that didn't stutter as much as it does now.

It comes down to what mods you are running, what settings you have for the game and what your other components are in your computer (other potential bottlenecks). 

As for having 60fps or better with the 1060, it certainly can be done:

Spoiler

9 hours ago, DremoraDream said:

So then there's no way I'm going to get much better than the performance I have no? I don't really know how I was able to achieve a game that didn't stutter as much as it does now.

I have 1660 ti and i7 4770 and 12 gb ram and still cant achieve stable 60 even on medium settings, 0.1% low always around 30-40 fps in action, I dont use enb. But many other mods, you can try run game without enb to increase fps, I prefer use enb only in game where original colors look bad like GTA 4 or fallout 3, dont know why people use enb in f4 with bad performance

Not that it makes much difference...

But i was wrong. My setup currently has a 1070. not sure if that actually matters but...I found that reducing skin textures down a bit and also reducing npc adding mods makes a massive difference. With ENB I can maintain 60 at lock but in deeper cities I drop to 40

make sure to keep in mind mods that break previs and precombines this will seriously kill any game performance no matter what type of beast computer you have. Previs is pretty easy to spot if you walk true some angles your screen will look really weird, and precombines well lets just say you will get a very good noticable when your fps becomes unstable instead of a steady 60 + FPS. Also you with precombines your performance suffers allot and your harddrive will work overtime.

6 hours ago, D_ManXX2 said:

make sure to keep in mind mods that break previs and precombines this will seriously kill any game performance no matter what type of beast computer you have. Previs is pretty easy to spot if you walk true some angles your screen will look really weird, and precombines well lets just say you will get a very good noticable when your fps becomes unstable instead of a steady 60 + FPS. Also you with precombines your performance suffers allot and your harddrive will work overtime.

I have been trying to avoid broken precombines for a while. I have noticed some really terrible performance with some mods that do that.

I actually am going to try Unique Player CBBE with customs textures... because using custom textures on multiple NPCs (and adding more NPCs overall) happen to slow my game down. But I don't think that is a computer issue, I am thinking that is more of a game engine issue....