April+May, 2 very basic Sexout-ified companions

View File

This mod adds 2 very basic companions, April and May, young blonde caucasians, to the Goodsprings Prospector Saloon. They can be hired for free, with no karma or other requirements. They will follow you and fight on your side. They both sneak, and April has unarmed.

They have some dialog topics with which you can induce them to have sex with themselves, each other, and you, individually and collectively. In the latest version, they can be instructed to have sex with Arcade, Boone, Cass, and Veronica.

They look the same, so you can pretend they are twins, if that is your thing, but they do not talk about it, so you can imagine it's a coincidence, if you'd prefer.

Consider this an alpha, more a proof of concept than anything. There is no story. I have not spent much effort to make their dialog sexy, or really to flesh them out in any way.

Requires Sexout and Mikoto Beauty. (http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/35878)

Not much to this yet, but I like what it lays down.  Lots of potential here.

For potential kink expansion, maybe add a dog (or any other creature with Sexout anims that could make a for a pet) that either stays at home or can travel with the player?  Just as a side option, of course.  I'm a big fan of options.

In any case, I think I'll keep an eye on this one.

Well, I guess it's worth getting this out right away: I'm fairly vanilla. I'm not gonna have beasts in this mod.

While writing this comment, I had this random idea that Lily might develop a crush on one of them. That might be funny.

• 2 weeks later...

D'oh! Good catch, thanks. I had that in my original topic, but forgot it here.

While I'm here, I wonder if anyone can clue me in to what's happening with this issue.

For sex with other companions, I am using scripts like this:

short roll
ref actor
ref who

set actor to RoseofSharonCassidyREF
set who to this
set roll to getRandomPercent

if roll < 50
	set SexoutNG.actorB to who
	set SexoutNG.actorA to actor
else
	set SexoutNG.actorA to who
	set SexoutNG.actorB to actor
endif

actor.CIOS SexoutBegin

After having sex, my followers stopped working, and the cause turned out to be that their hired variable, which is in a script attached to April, was changed from 1 before sex to 56 after. I assume that means I am doing it wrong?

(I ended up changing all their conditions to if hired >= 1, which seems to be working.)

Not a problem. My game crashed after loading your mod. I wondered what when wrong. When checking the load order to make sure something didn't move I noticed the requirement. Many new gamers that come here get overwhelmed and don't know to check these things or even how to check it. Just wanted to help out with a nice start of a mod.

I hope you didn't mind me posting the issue instead of messaging you on this. I didn't know how active you were with this mod and with the holidays etc when you would return if you were on break. I thought this would be better because at least anyone that would come here for support would see that there was something that might need to be done.

I would like to see where you take this mod. It is an interesting start. Reading wise haven't played it because I don't have the body requirement. Might in the future.

I hope you didn't mind me posting the issue instead of messaging you on this. I didn't know how active you were with this mod and with the holidays etc when you would return if you were on break. I thought this would be better because at least anyone that would come here for support would see that there was something that might need to be done.

I would like to see where you take this mod. It is an interesting start. Reading wise haven't played it because I don't have the body requirement. Might in the future.

No, that's good. I haven't done any modding since early in FO3 days, so I am a little rusty as how to manage this sort of thing.

As for the future, at this point I am thinking I will make the two dead prospectors in Goodsprings cave their previous protectors, and give them ownership of the abandoned shack north of the monument.

I have two stories in mind right now, which will mainly differ by the content of a diary Nancy was keeping.

In the first, Nancy marries Sid, and Nancy is happy that her daughter May is getting along so well with Sid's daughter April.

In the second, Nancy describes how Sid came back a few months ago, totally strung out on jet, with these two teens in tow, rescued from the legion, he can't recall how exactly that happened. Their resemblance to each other had been spotted at age 8 and since then they'd been in training for sexual slavery. In this version, you'd have to be one of the biggest shitheels on the planet to continue to sexually exploit them. But it seems to me to be fairly Fallout-y.

As for the future, at this point I am thinking I will make the two dead prospectors in Goodsprings cave their previous protectors, and give them ownership of the abandoned shack north of the monument.

Be careful that shack might be used by other mods. It is something worth checking into before you start creating the needs. Can limit the individuals that use your mod. Somethies it might be better if you create a new location

Requires Mikoto Beauty

Well damn, that rules me out.  I have mods in my load list that require Lings, and AFAIK, Lings and Mikoto can't be used simultaneously.

They can be if you make a merged patch in FNVedit, which you should anyway to minimize conflicts between mods. I played for over a year with both Lings and Mikoto active. I recently took Mikoto out though because all I was using it for was my characters eyes and I found an almost identical set in Lings. It wouldn't be difficult to create a Lings version of the mod though. The most time spent would just be deciding which Lings hair and eyes to use in place of the Mikoto ones. Updating the mod to use those hair and eyes and then running a "clean masters" to remove the Mikoto dependency would take like 2 minutes.

Be careful that shack might be used by other mods. It is something worth checking into before you start creating the needs. Can limit the individuals that use your mod. Somethies it might be better if you create a new location

I will never finish if I have to do a lot of messing around in the object window in the GECK. I invariably end up feeling frustrated. 

Requires Mikoto Beauty

Well damn, that rules me out.  I have mods in my load list that require Lings, and AFAIK, Lings and Mikoto can't be used simultaneously.

Huh. I guess I should have expected this. What are most people using? I see a lot more downloads than requests. I used to use Desert Succubus and I do not offhand recall why I switched to Mikoto.

I guess this is a perfect example of the fragmentation of users that is more or less inevitable in a vigorous mod community.

I will never finish if I have to do a lot of messing around in the object window in the GECK. I invariably end up feeling frustrated. 

Requires Mikoto Beauty

Huh. I guess I should have expected this. What are most people using? I see a lot more downloads than requests. I used to use Desert Succubus and I do not offhand recall why I switched to Mikoto.

I guess this is a perfect example of the fragmentation of users that is more or less inevitable in a vigorous mod community.

You will get there have patience. Make the mod that you want to have. In the end you have to be satisfied with what you have. The users of the mod will just have to make choices if they wish to try your mod out. Only reason I mentioned about that shack is it is mentioned on several other post on other forums as used by other mods. If you make something yourself off and away from Good Springs it will be less likely to cause issues opening the opportunity for many more users to try your mod. If the object window is causing you frustration perhaps someone else here will be willing to create a shack or something quickly that will fit your needs without changing the story etc. Like a shack on the hill above the cave that you plan to use.

Next time I load a new game and decide to use Mikoto I will give your mod a try even if it in Alpha.

While I'm here, I wonder if anyone can clue me in to what's happening with this issue.

For sex with other companions, I am using scripts like this:

short roll
ref actor
ref who

set actor to RoseofSharonCassidyREF
set who to this
set roll to getRandomPercent

if roll < 50
	set SexoutNG.actorB to who
	set SexoutNG.actorA to actor
else
	set SexoutNG.actorA to who
	set SexoutNG.actorB to actor
endif

actor.CIOS SexoutBegin

After having sex, my followers stopped working, and the cause turned out to be that their hired variable, which is in a script attached to April, was changed from 1 before sex to 56 after. I assume that means I am doing it wrong?

(I ended up changing all their conditions to if hired >= 1, which seems to be working.)

If this was in a dialogue then the explanation is one I've talked about before. If at all possible, never use local variables in a dialogue script when dealing with an NPC that has an attached script like Cass does. What ends up happening is that your first local variable accidentally overwrites the first local variable in the attached script. In this case GetRandomPercent probably came up with a float value somewhere between 56.0 and 56.99999 which was then placed in the variable roll and cast to short and then became 56. Since roll is the first local in your dialogue it replaced the first local in Cass' attached script which is the hired variable. You should refactor this process so that it isn't in a dialogue... say a CIOS'd spell or a quest script . You could also check the Fallout New Vegas Scripting Help 101 thread where I discussed this same topic.

What ends up happening is that your first local variable accidentally overwrites the first local variable in the attached script. 

Oh wow, thanks for explaining. I would never have guessed that my locals could step on unrelated scripts.

New version has the script moved to the quest - seems to be less random.

For building locations, I usually replace a ruin somewhere with a house. You can still do this in Goodsprings if you pick the right ruin. As far as interior goes, I usually pick which exterior I want for the house, then check its use info for existing cells already made for that house and duplicate the one that fits my needs. Fix some ownership issues, clean it up a bit, rearrange the furniture to personalize it and voila! New house. You can find examples of my interiors in Sexout Affairs (Inga's room) and Kristina's Closet (Kris' House). If you want me to make you one PM me.

See as I mentioned before on LL many people are more than willing to help someone along in areas that they are short if they are willing to put some effort in and show a great plan for a mod. You should check out KainsChylde's work on those houses/rooms. They are good. I believe he could easily create the building that you desire.

On a separate note, I have tried this mod and found it quite nice. It is a little raw and undeveloped but that is to be expected at the current state is in. I see that this can become a very fine mod if the work is done to give some back story, varied some conversation and interaction and maybe some more idle animations while they wait as companions. All things that would be naturally done as this mod is further developed.

• 3 weeks later...

I've noticed that the girls' body skin tones and facial skin tones aren't matching up, and I've already got everything set up properly, so it's not the usual body tone issue.  As it stands, both girls look like they've got pale bodies and sunburned faces and necks.

Nice and simple. Girls are cute. As for me the twins idea is worthy of development, not necessarily sexually...could be rather intresting.

Agreed, should be entertaining regardless of whether or not it's developed sexually.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi there. In case you're still maintaining this mod, I just wanted to let you know that their mouths stay open after they finish any sexout animations.

I've heard this can be fixed by giving them a voice package. The face/mouth resets as soon as you talk to them again, assuming they have a voice.

• 1 year later...