Help with SexLab + Aroused Redux + Flower Girls + Immersive Wenches + Amorous Adventures

I'm not really sure what is going on. I suspect it is a load order and/or a patch issue, but I've banged my head against it for a while. Here is what is happening:

• Flower Girl scenes are fine when triggered from the I heard you offer other services menu choice. Animation plays, scene ends.
    • BUT, that sex does not count against Aroused--that is, it doesn't help reset that counter and the negative impacts of Aroused remain. OK, fine, maybe the mods just don't play together, I can deal with that easily.
  • I have 2 other menu options related to initiating sex. One is Hello, the other is Excuse Me. I don't know which mod spawns which.
  • One of them leads to a series of purchase options, one of which is for 69 septims, and would seem to lead to sex. When I get to that option, the screen goes black, there is a thunderish sound, and then the screen returns. No animation, and nothing shows up in Aroused indicating I've had sex.
  • I cannot seem to have sex in a way that registers with Aroused, at all.

The relevant bit of my load order goes

FG 3.0.2

FG Adventures 1.8

SL Framework 163 8.7

Amorous Adventures 3.4

FG SE/AA 3.4.1

Immersive Wenches 1.60

FG IW Patch 1.3

FG Caesia Patch 1.2

SL SepOrgasm 1.6.7

betterblowjobs 101

SL Anim Loader 1.0.0

SL Advanced Cum Stages 0.3

Aroused Redux Flower Girls 1.0.0

I'm fine with losing a couple of the larger mods if they are just flat out incompatible.

Full mod order attached as well.

Also, I have yet to see ejaculate, either male or female. So something is messed up there. But my real concern is how to initiate sex that meets the Aroused criterion.

Any help appreciated.

ModOrder.txt

I could be wrong, but Flower Girls is (afaik) uncoupled from arousal state. In fact, far as I know, it's basically uncoupled from SL beta 8, aside from using some common animations (Leito afaik). 

The only standard options I know of from Flower girls are

1. (Kiss her/him) - after the third tithing to them. (friend or confidant, not sure which one makes this available) 
  2. "My darling, care for some (something or another)?" - which branches into options for a sex scene once the lover-status NPC/follower responds. (PS, that's lover status as far as Flower Girls is concerned. Somehow I think it's different than just having lover status flagged. There must be some other flag involved...afaik, because only relationships initiated through FG result in the ability to kiss or initiate FG sex scenes)

Although I guess there's some sort of BSDM addon of which I know nothing more than it apparently exists, which may or may not have some linkage to SL Aroused

"Hello" and "excuse me" are, afaik associated with the Immersive wenches mods. and afaik they only apply to wench exchanges

SL Eager NPCs initiates "standard" SL beta 8 animations, and therefore can indirectly affect arousal state (your options are also in part dependent on arousal states of targeted NPC/Followers). You don't appear to have this, just adding it as a hint (afaik, SLEN interactions are marked as such in the dialog >> "(SLEN) some dialog"

Amorous Adventures (SL version) can also initiate SL beta 8 scenes and therefore indirectly affect arousal state (same. I don't see this in your list but it's something to consider. also has some half decent radiant quests tied into the content)

See the conversions thread on the main Skyrim SE page for a listing of SL related content. There are other mods that can affect and be affected by arousal.

Much appreciated, anjenthedog.

So, it looks like there are 2 issues:

• My IW choices (Hello, Excuse Me) don't trigger animated scenes.
  • No matter how sex happens, Aroused seems unaware of it.

Given the isolation of these, I think my next move is to totally remove Aroused and see if I can get the scenes to play, then to re-add it. I'll add SLEN as well to see if that flies.

OK, progress. It turns out my MCM has both Aroused Redux and SexLab Aroused. I would assume I only want one of these, but I'm having a hard time figuring out what installed SexLab Aroused.

Or, if both are needed, I would bet my config options are in conflict. Any help?

Found it. I had 2 versions of aroused--the one specifically for FG, and the "original." I removed the FG specific one, am now getting a different set of interactions with FGs. This means I may be able to re-add IW at some point, but first, another issue is here.

My character is intentionally short. I have the option to scale height selected everywhere I can find it (it's in aroused, it also somewhere else). Yet my character remains short, which means kissing is sort of nuzzling the top of my head. And the less said about other actions, the better. Any advice on how to get scaling to work?

You have to accept the MCM options for rescaling to get kissing to work properly (SL beta 8 has one in animmation settings, and afaik Flower girls has one too although I can't recall the submenu where it's located).

I added these two menu locations necessary for autoscaling in FG and SL respectively

Spoiler

autoscale_Flower_girls.jpg.2b4e2ff34a10aa5aeffb48be6b2d0269.jpg

PS> for SL, note that I outlined two options, they need to be set as shown. Afaik, if the disabled one is enabled by default, you'll need to disable it before the other can be set.

autoscale_SL_beta8.jpg.f49f81f2f03851a463159b2ffdec5e75.jpg

It'd be really cool if someone figured out how to link mouth nodes and animations so that wasn't necessary, but aside from "imaginating" it, I have no idea how it can/could be done. (although such a change could revolutionize the whole shebang...) Until then if you leave autoscaling off, you're going to encounter that. 

Even then, (with autoscaling on) if you happen to routinely kiss followers (ie some sort of companions who are going to be around for a while), it might be advantageous for you to install The Manipulator (or any similar mod that provides a racemenu link to NPC/followers) so you can adjust head position using its targeted NPC racemenu feature, as mouths still may miss (ie, lips hit chin or nose and either clip face or are an inch apart) depending on follower neck length (head height I believe)  and head forward position. <<< I've found that about 5-10 clicks in height (up or down depending on the NPC/follower) solves the former and ~3-6 the latter. This won't make sense until you can see the entries in racemenu. If I play later on tonight I'll take a few snapshots to show what I mean and post back

a screenshot of racemenu when opening an NPC (random in this case)showing the two adjustments for NPC head position

Spoiler

Initial_racemenu_display_when_opening_an_NPC_using_The_Manipulator.jpg.e88600bd1bad42779e214471307813ed.jpg

Note that you won't be able to adjust the head positon while in a flower girls kissing scene, go to third person swing around and check to see the alignment. lips on chin is ~10 clicks. the other you'll have to guesstimate by tweaking it as above, then kissing again, then tweaking it again and kissing again til you get it right. I'd recommend doing it on others rather than trying to fix yourself or you'll be fixing yourself forever... 

re: 

• My IW choices (Hello, Excuse Me) don't trigger animated scenes.

It's possible that you need to build a "reputation" in order for any "are you available" << initiate sex via payment)) messages to post to your dialog choices. Usually, what I get out of hello and excuse me are options to tip or buy something, although I haven't paid too much attention, as I have several followers with lover status, so wenches are around more for filling empty space and providing wench rescue quests than anything.  (but they do provide nice buffs as well, both from certain dialog choices after rescue and in general dialog). 

I'd recommend installing Sex Lab Eager NPCs. This mod provides a social reputation subsystem that can benefit these sorts of things. Again, check the conversions thread from the main Skyrim Special Edition page

Yeah I vaguely recall trying to install FG aroused and it didn't work for me and got uninstalled. 

edited for stuff... hope it helps

OK. Serious progress. SLEN is installed, and its menus appear. And my faithful housecarl was persuaded to engage in carnal behavior. So, great. AND, that act registered in the SLEN and the SL stats pages.

BUT ...

• Sexlab Aroused is unaware we just banged. In fact, and this seems problematic, the message Sexlab Aroused Is Ready for use keeps appearing in the upper left. Over. And. Over. And Over.
  • Still no ejaculation.
  • Still no scaling--and I triple checked those setting.

But it's getting closer, and I really appreciate the help.

ejaculation will only appear if you have the correct mods installed. See the conversions thread. there's an addon for Flower girls and another general mod (cumshot)

the fact that SLA continues to act as if it's not installed is concerning. 

Unless you keep opening the same save file and you're just seeing it being installed "for the first time" because you're using the same save that didn't have it before...

If not...

I'd advise you to reinstall, except that I think it's a foundational mod (dependency) for some other mods (liek SL beta 8 if I'm not mistaken, and it may break your game if not reinstalled correctly...idk...

It may have been glitched because of the other one you had installed, not sure.

Also check the version. I'm running (SLA) SexLab Aroused SSE Loose 29.7. Does that match yours? If so, at least that's the right one (afaik)

Depending on the mod manager you use, you might be able to perform a "reinstall" to fix the issue. (Vortex, for instance) will allow that. 

OR... you may need to uninstall all the SL stuff IN REVERSE ORDER OF INSTALLATION, then uninstall SLA, open the game again, make a new save, close, clean the game save with Fallrim tools, then reinstall SLA, etc. 

As to scaling... that should work. idk how small your character is, but if close to normal (ie, 0.9 or something like that, as opposed to truly diminutive ie tiny.. like scale 0.05) it should automatically rescale  when the animation is set up.

Yeah, same version.

image.png.30155eb794c9d25172150f730d346012.png

Hmmm. Trying the reinstall. Because the rest sounds very risky, and I would really hate to lose the save. Especially when it feels like I might be on the verge of a Lydia / Caesia sandwish ...

OK, after a brief panic solved by installing the 64 bit version of Java, it seems like it's working. Quickie with Skyla and the SexLab stats reset. Still no cum, but that's a mod issue that can be chased down, the core frameworks seem good now. THANK YOU. I will update with the final working mod list, in case it helps others.

10 hours ago, mknn said:

Wow. Cleaning the save is not encouraging:

image.png.ba1b3bdf7248393cba48ee1486787bb2.png

OK ... off to learn how to deal with all that ...

FTR, those first two are large but often occur when mods are uninstalled, especially when mods with large numbers of included scripts and references are uninstalled. In addition, some mods like Flora Respawn seem to generate quite a few even during normal play. Not sure why. Maybe as a result of updated mods.  (i'm not an expert on any of this, just a player hack who's encountered things along the way)

example_fallrim_report.jpg.fff35ea2718507def18aeabedb95e6d6.jpg

I have yet to see any major problems when clearing them.

In general, the cleaning from Fallrim TOols "resaver" is performed as follows

Open resaver

Open a save file

1) from menu, choose Clean

2) select Show unattached instances (to review if you want. it's instructive to see where the junk is coming from)

3) from menu, choose Clean

4) select Remove unattached instances (this clears them)

5) from menu, choose Clean

6) select Show unattached instances (to un select)

now do the same for undefined elements

when done, Save As to a new file. name it something like "Cleaned_player-name_player-level", so that you leave the source game save intact in case something goes wonky or you otherwise want to revisit the original game save

At that point you can try opening the game again (using the now cleaned save file) 

-----

however, I never encountered that last one, although based on the referred file, it sounds like it might be associated with a "Birds of Skyrim" type mod, which as I recall, has a ton of scripts and can really bog down the game (or did on mine early on). 

I'm curious where that report came from. It doesn't look like mine

----

regarding your continued issues with "finishing" ;) Check out those two mods I noted in my last reply. Also review the conversions thread for related resources. there are other things that can augment that stuff.

Alright. Just because, I tried the current combo with Immersive Wenches, and scenes happen, just no animation plays. No worries, especially with Eager NPCs installed, along with the number of follower/companion types I'm running, there are plenty of plenty of options. Otherwise, all seems solid, other than one issue detailed below. I'm sharing the load order, in case it helps anyone else down the road.

Sexlab Framework 163

OSA - Skyrim Ascendancy Engine 2.023

OSA - Skylife 1.0

Osex 2.02

Flower Girls SE 3.0.2

FG Adventures 1.8

Amorous Adventures 3.4

FG & AA Patch 3.4.1

Cumshot 2.3

FGCumEffectHeavy 1.1.0

FG Caesia Patch 1.2

OSex BadBoys 2.02

OSex BadGirls 2.02

OSex DualWiled 2.02

OStim 1.8 (* SEE BELOW *)

Cumshot Improvements 1.1.0

Separate Orgasms 1.6.7

betterblowjobs 101

SL Privacy 201216

SL EagerNPC 2.7

SL Aroused 29.7

SL Squirt

I also downloaded FNIS XXL and about 8 animation packs. All seems solid. I uninstalled any pack that FNIS reported as incompatible with SSE--I know some of them still work, but I'm being a little cautious.

SO ... This combination in this order works. So far. THANKS.

The one issue is that OStim used to have a menu option along the lines of Let's see what develops (OStim) as a way to use the menu to trigger in OStim scene within the context of the other mods. That menu item has disappeared, but the manual OStim keystroke to start a scene still works.

So, I'll see if I can get that working, and will report back if so; if not, I'll probably just remove OStim.

To take advantage of those SL animation packs, you'll also need SL Animation loader (SLAL), and once installed, in SLAL you'll need to pick the animations you want to add and register them.

EDIT: BTW> As far as I know, SLAL needs to be installed *before* you install the animation packs.

PS. when downloading the animation packs (or any other, make sure you check the mod description to ensure it's SSE compatible. In addition to screens like the one below, if there are multiple downloads available once you're at the download screen, make sure they have a, SE in the name. (for those mods that include both SE and LE versions)

abcdef.jpg.5541875c70a091a750911705f5db051b.jpg

Note: the screen above shows one way it will be noted, Could also say something like Special Edition compatible : Yes, in which case it may contain both LE (Regular version) and SE versions

Also, in the conversions thread those animation packs that are compatible will be colored green. Afaik purple colored are LE only

Alright. Just because, I tried the current combo with Immersive Wenches, and scenes happen, just no animation plays. No worries, especially with Eager NPCs installed, along with the number of follower/companion types I'm running, there are plenty of plenty of options. Otherwise, all seems solid, other than one issue detailed below. I'm sharing the load order, in case it helps anyone else down the road.

Sexlab Framework 163

OSA - Skyrim Ascendancy Engine 2.023

OSA - Skylife 1.0

Osex 2.02

Flower Girls SE 3.0.2

FG Adventures 1.8

Amorous Adventures 3.4

FG & AA Patch 3.4.1

Cumshot 2.3

FGCumEffectHeavy 1.1.0

FG Caesia Patch 1.2

OSex BadBoys 2.02

OSex BadGirls 2.02

OSex DualWiled 2.02

OStim 1.8 (* SEE BELOW *)

Cumshot Improvements 1.1.0

Separate Orgasms 1.6.7

betterblowjobs 101

SL Privacy 201216

SL EagerNPC 2.7

SL Aroused 29.7

SL Squirt

I also downloaded FNIS XXL and about 8 animation packs. All seems solid. I uninstalled any pack that FNIS reported as incompatible with SSE--I know some of them still work, but I'm being a little cautious.

SO ... This combination in this order works. So far. THANKS.

The one issue is that OStim used to have a menu option along the lines of Let's see what develops (OStim) as a way to use the menu to trigger in OStim scene within the context of the other mods. That menu item has disappeared, but the manual OStim keystroke to start a scene still works.

So, I'll see if I can get that working, and will report back if so; if not, I'll probably just remove OStim.

Meh, The above wasn't posted when I wrote it. Sorry for the "double post."

Lots of troubleshooting today, save cleaning, etc. Back to a stable situation. I'm really just trying to document the process, with a hope that other n00b's to all this might benefit. OStim is gone at this point. There are still some oddities to chase down

• Under FG > MOD OPTIONS, on the right hand side, Amorous Adventures and Papyrus are seen as installed, but it says FALSE next to OSA/OSex Installed. So, somehow FG is not "seeing" OSex.
    • OSex loads before FG and after SL in the load order. Which seems correct. So I'm not sure what's up here, or if it even matters.
  • There is an issue with SOS, so I am reinstalling that.
  • Here's the more important one. We're back to trying to figure out what kind of sex "works" for the Aroused system. Here's what I've seen so far
    • Aroused is telling me I can barely focus. When I check magic effects, there are negative effects coming from not having sex.
    • If I initiate sex via SLENPC, sex happens, but it doesn't alleviate the Aroused effects.
    • I can't figure out how to initiate sex in a way that Aroused "counts" it and reduces the impact.

Doing more testing tonight. Getting there.

Barely focused means that your arousal state is above a certain threshold. for my female player, that's around 50 (0-100). For my male player I can't recall offhand but it's likely set up similarly. 

yes, you get debuffs from being "distracted, etc.

you have to configure SLEN (SL Eager NPCS) so that your player actually gets satisfied. As well as SL.

for SL, increasing the length of the animation can help, especially if player is female (multiple Os)

for SLEN, the settings I use are in here (in order I'm scrolling down through the sub menu). pay special attention the value I've circled in red. If it's above zero, you can end up being unable to sate the player. 

Spoiler

slen_config1.jpg.d2d70d73ae144cd45eea886342a26283.jpgslen_config2.jpg.b5aeba808513c803ed65d0f4fca09221.jpgslen_config3.jpg.31e377db93cc260ee0e407195b23c937.jpg

Oops. failed to circle indicated entry. that would be "SLA orgasm arousal loss (mod)". If set above zero, eventually you can't get rid of gains. . conversely, setting to zero means it's more difficult to get aroused. It ends up being a game of adjusting the value according to what you want to do. 

Yowzah. Thanks, man. I hadn't even thought of how SLSO was interacting with it all. I just went through and parallelized my settings with yours, with a few hopefully unimpactful differences. It seemed to work, but I think I need a longer session to really see the impact. Later.

Overall, holy fuck, there's a lot to manage in terms of the interaction of all these things. I get how some folks want to have a sex-crazed Dragonborn--and more power to them--but I gotta' say THANK YOU for pointing out the math behind the Arousal Loss setting.

I ended up turning Lover's Whatever off in Aroused, since I was unable to figure out how to have sex in a way it registered. I may try to troubleshoot that some more, but I'm fine without it for sure.

Now I think it's a matter of adding animation packs and fine tuning all these settings.

My goal is a Skyrim that is still focused on the questlines (I'm a total n00b and while I've had a couple false starts, just hit level 30 for the first time a few days ago), but also allows sexcapades in a way that enhances the story and sometimes spills over into silly orgies breaking out in tavern basements. You know, as you do.

Again, thanks. I wouldn't have gotten this far without some of the guidance from you in this thread.

NP. It's exhausting figuring out how to configure all of it so that it doesn't become a job. Pay forward and all that.

Yeah, it's on right now, (lover's comfort)  but I routinely go back in and turn it off.  same with that one setting I was talking about (was supposed to be circled in red in my previous post) that's set to 1 right now. Quite often I just set it to zero.  Sometimes I set it to 5. Meh...

another thing to consider is avoiding setting arousal rates too high. It's one thing when you're trying to get things sorted out and testing animations and other "sl-related" settings, but anything more than about 2.0 - 2.5 can lead to demanding followers constantly interrupting normal game play.  You can also force a state using SLA and then lock a follower out of changes (block something something in the MCM settings) 

Note, SLA is the only place you can directly set an arousal state, but both SLA and SLEN allows adjusting rates and lockout (blocking) (the SLEN case can be useful when for whatever reason you can't directly target the NPC/follower)

I have talked to some folks about how there are really 2 games here; the first (installing, config, mods) is a massive minigame that must be conquered before you are able to proceed to Skyrim itself.

I am still figuring out the impact of low arousal: I think it is the cause of unavailable menu options--that is, I get a response when they aren't up for it, but I think the menu options just don't happen when I'm not up for it. Does that make sense?

I had a huge realization last night: I don't think I need either oSex or OSA (I already uninstalled oStim). I uninstalled and moved around a little, and all seemed fine. I know they can run together, but my understanding is that nothing is lost with FG or the SLxxx things I'm running. If nothing else, it frees up more slots for followers!

I've found the sticky thread on getting started very useful, and am slowly working through replacing some of my mods with the ones recommended there. Trying to stay cautious, use resaver, etc.

I have 2 outstanding issues, but those are probably best handled in a new thread (a neck seam and a darkface bug). I'll post back here after a few days with the final LL related bit of the load order, just in case it does help anyone.

2 hours ago, mknn said:

1) I have talked to some folks about how there are really 2 games here; the first (installing, config, mods) is a massive minigame that must be conquered before you are able to proceed to Skyrim itself.

2) I am still figuring out the impact of low arousal: I think it is the cause of unavailable menu options--that is, I get a response when they aren't up for it, but I think the menu options just don't happen when I'm not up for it. Does that make sense?

3) I had a huge realization last night: I don't think I need either oSex or OSA (I already uninstalled oStim). I uninstalled and moved around a little, and all seemed fine. I know they can run together, but my understanding is that nothing is lost with FG or the SLxxx things I'm running. If nothing else, it frees up more slots for followers!

I've found the sticky thread on getting started very useful, and am slowly working through replacing some of my mods with the ones recommended there. Trying to stay cautious, use resaver, etc.

4) I have 2 outstanding issues, but those are probably best handled in a new thread (a neck seam and a darkface bug). I'll post back here after a few days with the final LL related bit of the load order, just in case it does help anyone.

1) Heh... yes... Indubitably. the first part, imo is an annoying "game". For all the features this game brings, it can be an incredible chore to figure out how to do things, from proper installation to setup to balancing one mod's configuration over another.  Sometimes someone helps avoid some of it but experience is the part that makes you "expert" at your own setup. After a while it's a bit like riding a bike  . You don't really "think about it" you just do what needs done. 

2) Makes perfect sense. If you're not aroused, you're probably not going to be up for doing the nasty. For guys, at least younger guys (puberty-~35ish), it would probably make little sense, since we're "always" up for it (and we think that's how it'll always be). As we age that equation changes for most of us. And for women, well, I can't speak for them but it seem to me from life's experiences that while some are ... vigorous, many have a less robust "needs" schedule.

3) Personally, I found OSA/OSEX more of a hassle than a boon. each to his her own though. OSEX is complicated to use and for me, distracting. It also introudced some odd errors to muy game when I had it installed. And yes, it's a separate framework from SL and SL related mods

4) neck, wrist, and ankle seams are usually fixed by adjusting player/npc/follower weight to either 100 or 0. And when building a body in bodyslide, my recommendation is to build the body first, then build the hands and feet without touching their (hands and feet)  . so body first, then hands and feet. always make sure to check build morphs so that racemenu "tri" files are generated (allows adjustments in racemenu later, should you want to refine your body features in game.

Darkface is a bit more complicated. I've avoided it myself. But I'm not sure why. There are a lot of threads on that subject....