"BSFaceGenNiNodeSkinned" CTD

Hi

I have the same bug that was mention in a thread lower (but i create a new post as the one under is marked solved and the solution here doesn't work for me).

I have lots of CTD mentioning "BSFaceGenNiNodeSkinned" and female brow in the crash report. It happens a few time already. And now it totaly blocks me: i can't move in Markath without crash and i want to do a forsworn roleplay, so huge problem haha

I try disable SOS it doesn't work, i also try every mfg fix version possible (all the solutions mentioned in earlier topic about this) but nothing seems to solve the problem.

Do some of you have an idea how i can cure this?

Crash_2020_10_22_20-11-31.txt

I have some questions that might help me to understand the problem better:

- What are those BS things precisely? NetFramework talk about "object" but that's really vague.

- Do you know what BS mean? Can it be relative to Beyond Skyrim or BodySlide? Do someone know what mod use them?

I try disabling mod one by one to try to find the culprit but no luck for now. What's also strange is that it start to crash only after a few days of play... I don't understand why. 

That's the first thing i try: disabling one by one all mods that modify eyebrow then every mod that add custom characters. Maybe i miss some but i don't think so. That why i ask for help: i have no idea what to try next except disabling one by one all the 140 mods...

I use MO2 and it doesn't light any depandancy problem. Also if it was a problem of that sort, wouldn't it appear a lot faster in my game?

On 10/27/2020 at 7:40 PM, Saryon8 said:

- Do you know what BS mean? Can it be relative to Beyond Skyrim or BodySlide? Do someone know what mod use them?

Those "BS" things are from actrors head mesh most likely. This can be found in <where skyrim is>\data\meshes\actors\character\FaceGenData\FaceGeom\<modname\*.nif

Its very possible, that one of the mods you have installed, added or changed an NPC and that change is broken.

NPC, something about "head" mesh, something about "female brows". Oh, and "mood anger".

Crash log doesn't say which NPC is a problem, only that it is a "human female" and "angry".

I think your only option is to disable all mods that do "pretty female". Mods that have stuff in data\meshes\actors\character\FaceGenData\FaceGeom\*.*. I'd start with "has been ported from LE". Many times, porting face from LE to SE is not so simple.

I have a trail i think. The problem seems to be link to a .tri file. Oldrim tri files are supposed to provoke CTD when player come in same zone, so i guess it can be the problem here and if we suppose the NPC appeared a little late in game because i launch some quest, it would also explain why the bug appear only after a few days of play. 

I think it start becoming buggy after i ask the barman of Markath if he saw some strange person. I think he talks then about a mage searching supplies if i remember right. Does someone know of a mod that include something like that?

Don't have much luck in trying to disable mod by mod also, so i pray that this intuition will link to a way to solve the problem. 

EDIT: I was right, this quest "find the strange woman" come from the mod Devious Lore and disabling the mod seems to stop the bug so problem solve.

• 2 months later...

I have this issue too.

Possible relevant objects (2)
{
  [   1]    BSDynamicTriShape(Name: `MaleEyesHumanLightGrey`)
  [   1]    BSFaceGenNiNode(Name: `BSFaceGenNiNodeSkinned`)

I also have Devious Lore 2.03 SE installed, but disabling it didn't help.

Do I understand right, that I can't tell by looking at the crash report which mod causing this crash? So my only possibility is to disable the mods with facegeom one by one and hope to find it?

Edit: It was OBIS Loot, I had to move it deeper in the load order.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Similar one, one day suddenly after a game maj (even if I've immediatly gone back to 1.5.97 after):

[   0]    BSTriShape(Name: `DelphineHeadHP`)
  [  45]    BSFaceGenNiNode(Name: `BSFaceGenNiNodeSkinned`)

And the cause is from Bijin mods. At least, it doesn't happen anymore without those (all of them, it happen with every npc of the mods, just here the exemple is with Delphine).

Can't find how to correct it. Tried to select only one of them, to bash patch, to dl other tools like Synthesis or Easy NPC (but couldn't make them work ^^'), so I can't fix it.

Will disable them and use Pandorable until someone find a solution :s

Edited by Nepher Shad