[WIP] The Ningheim Race - Video and images inside!

Seren

Thank you for being so understanding, pyrosushi and some others. By putting pressure on myself I was indeed going to rush the release. Right now the followers are giving me the necsarry trouble. Aside from me needing to find the ideal stats for them, I also come across problems like warpaint/dirt not showing up properly and I need to make clear images for the installer.

I'm doing this next to my study, so yeah I can't really go fast with it since I don't have a lot of time. I overestimated my chances with the release. The CK was built to work against the modder, it seems. :P

Current release date: Whenever it is properly finished instead of rushed. It'll only save you, the user, updating the race more often and prevents bugs.

Thank you for being so understanding, pyrosushi and some others. By putting pressure on myself I was indeed going to rush the release. Right now the followers are giving me the necsarry trouble. Aside from me needing to find the ideal stats for them, I also come across problems like warpaint/dirt not showing up properly and I need to make clear images for the installer.

I'm doing this next to my study, so yeah I can't really go fast with it since I don't have a lot of time. I overestimated my chances with the release. The CK was built to work against the modder, it seems. :P

Current release date: Whenever it is properly finished instead of rushed. It'll only save you, the user, updating the race more often and prevents bugs.

Ok. No problem. Just don't take too much pressure. Keep up the good work.  :)

No problem for me other games are lining on my shelves, and also work ^^"

I think giving a release date was your biggest error. People are becoming a bit too eager after that...

Skyrim can wait so you can take your time.

I guess the CK is a necessary evil, but it is a lot more than what we get for other games so we should be grateful.

Do not botch what you are doing, and the wait will worth it.

Thanks. :) @Remois, you're totally right. With a project of this size it's hard to give a sure release date. So far the only things I've been encountering are bumps along the way. For instance now my custom warpaint isn't showing up on the followers... Really annoying, and finding a solution takes time.

I totally agree giving a release date wasn't a good idea. Cause it was setting people up for disappointment when it didn't happen due to inevitable kinks and twists that come with any mod but especially custom race mods. Gotta admit I was one of those people getting a bit annoyed with the false starts but there are way bigger things going on in the world than video games lol. So keep up the great work. Working out all the wrinkles now will definitely save you alot of time later.

@Seren, NEVER rush a work of art, take your time and release it when YOU are happy and satisfied with the result, everyone else can wait and be patient for when you finally do release it it will be amazing not only in your eyes but everyone else here who have been waiting for it to come out, i personaly have not played skyrim in a long time for i have been waiting for this to come out before jumping back in to it. so PLESE TAKE YOUR TIME, im serious, dont rush things when there is no nead to rush it. keep up the great work :D

Just a suggestion...if the followers giving you troubles currently, maybe just release the followers on separate package?

That way, maybe you can work on the bugs separately, For some reasons, all custom races that i've known,that included followers, are always plagued by bugs..

Just a suggestion...if the followers giving you troubles currently, maybe just release the followers on separate package?

That way, maybe you can work on the bugs separately, For some reasons, all custom races that i've known,that included followers, are always plagued by bugs..

I'd also suggest copying and then editing an existing custom race follower pack.

Keep the main mod file of of Ningheim as the primary esp, but also load a custom race and its followers and go from there.

I'm learning the CK solely from looking at existing mods. No need to bang your head against a wall when others have already made holes in the wall.

Besides, the next elder scrolls game wont be coming out anytime soon. Not this year either. :P Make the best race with all your hard work. Of course, concentrate on your studies since making a great mod won't help your future like education would. xD. Well, may increase your reputation though. 

Good luck! :) I check this everyday anyways ^^ No pressure.

I am in the camp of VERY rough estimates so people have a general idea when things are planed to be released but never a specific time period.

Take your time Seren, Quality is more important than speed in the long run. Do not feel bad for making people wait IMO.

If you are still having trouble with the warpaints, there are two methods I'm aware of that may help you.

First, try scaling the warpaints down to 256X256 temporarily while loading the mod in the ck for your edits. For some reason the ck can't render warpaint textures anything on a higher scale. 

Also, you can try using the NPC editor linked below. Problem with that is, it seems to normally have trouble loading the data for custom races and it can only make separate .esp files for that npc that I know of, could be wrong though. 

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/4554

As the others say, take your time and I hope you can resolve the issues.

Agreed.

Will the followers be optional even if you don't do this? I don't care for followers in general so wouldn't want them taking up extra space.

I don't know if it would be extra work for you Seren, but i totally agree with that. Splitting a big project like this one in several little modules seems like a good plan. This way you would be less discouraged and you could progress step by step without any pressure at all.

Furthermore, working on modules is easier if you want people to help you and for maintenance and upgrades.

Anyway keep up the good work, i'm sure this is gonna be a legendary mod.

damn seems every where I look UNP/B and CBBE are the only used body types >.<.. seriously need to decide if I want to change to CBBE or stay ADEC ; ;

UNP/B & CBBE are the most used because there are a hell of a lot more clothing options for those two body types.

yeah I am starting to see this.. :/ I think I just might cave and go with CBBE.. only wish there was a program for CBBE like there is for UNP that auto fits all the armor for unp last I knew it only worked for unp.

damn seems every where I look UNP/B and CBBE are the only used body types >.<.. seriously need to decide if I want to change to CBBE or stay ADEC ; ;

UNP/B & CBBE are the most used because there are a hell of a lot more clothing options for those two body types.

yeah I am starting to see this.. :/ I think I just might cave and go with CBBE.. only wish there was a program for CBBE like there is for UNP that auto fits all the armor for unp last I knew it only worked for unp.

auto fit armor to unp!?  Oh Oh leave a link please!

Archived