Mystical species

A mod that makes most of the art by the artist mystical/mysticalpp/plantpenitrator into several species

all credit and source of the images are to mysticalpp/plantpenitrator

there's 6 different species

plants: 131
anthro: 118
humin: 126
gouls: 50
guard: 53
robot:212 (23 original images stretched with recolors)

and one mega species that had the placeholder name "plant" and now its gone too far and would be too much work to rename

plant: 509

i finally added that .mod file

Edited by something memorable
47 minutes ago, randomlast said:

Good job on the mod! Quick question. Where did you find the species creator mod? I keep finding the reddit post but there's no download for it anywhere.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CWp4cG0DQzMjUZa-fxgPAng0gSDBBVb0/view

right here, but it seems to not have been updated in a while and i had to remake most of the files anyway and it only does species size up to 40, i manually expanded the species documents

2 hours ago, something memorable said:

did you try making the blank mod in the launcher first then putting the contents of the download in the folder it creates?

I didn't even know that was a thing? (just got into actively modding recently)

after figuring out how to do that it worked, thanks for the tip

19 hours ago, ShyFeline said:

the mod doesn't seem to be working for me :< it appears greyed out on the mod list
actually, it's not even appearing on my mod list

1) Check if you can add the mod into your mod list; Devs changed up the launch menu and how mods are set up into custom list you can make now.

2)If you added it to your mod list and it's greyed out then use the modding tool from the game launcher.

*NOTE*: At times the (name).mod file can have a text error in the form of (in my experience) the modder had just not adding the quotation at the end.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/2/2021 at 4:14 PM, justhere2look said:

downloaded check

unbacked and placed in mod folder check

made new mod playlist and activated it check 

start game, go empire creator and its not there

now what

ok so you made a blank mod in the launcher and then put the contents into the folder in the blank mod right
(if you even need help anymore)

stepone.png

steptwo.png

18 hours ago, justhere2look said:

descripter is flawed so copying it in to a new folder won't work 

2nd you have upload it to either prardox or steam not a good idea. 

not gonna happen.png

it shoulndt need a descriptor because one is made when you make the blank mod
you dont get rid of it when you put the other mod in

i havent uploaded anything to steam, is it on there?

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/12/2023 at 7:32 PM, something memorable said:

does it not work for you?, it should work out of box now, all that nonsense was from before i added the .mod file and he didn't follow the directions.  now it should just be drag the folder and .mod file into your mod folder like any other mod from here

"the path in this mod's descriptor file is invalid or does not exist"

• 2 weeks later...

@BlazingBraixen@ConcernedOneTo get it working you have to delete the old mod files first, then create a new mod file. First press "upload mod" then press "create mod", after you have done that you just have to give it a name, directory and make sure to select species and graphics, then press create.   Now you have to go to documents\Paradox Interactive\Stellaris\mod and select the mod you just created. If you have done it right there should only be a descriptor.mod in there. Now you have to open the the mod you downloaded from loverslab and drag in common, gfx and localisation. Once this is done you can start stellaris again with the mod enabled.

(Btw you do not have to upload it to steam or paradox just close that tab.)

image.png.e0399b1853528220b5a14ac1fc035e54.png image.png.3ac4b76d94d517d459bdbae5c25789c3.pngimage.png.30feee2a7dae7fcbcbe7e9425b961103.png

Edited by Adekeno
  • 6 months later...

a quick fix for anyone who still has the invalid path problem, this solution is quicker & easier (at least for me) than the one above.

All you need to do is navigate to "C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Stellaris\mod", where you installed the mod manually. Open up the file "mystical.mod" in any text editor and simply change username onn the path= line from "C:/Users/SOMEONEELSEUSERNAME/" to "C:/Users/YOURUSERNAME/" so that it looks something like "C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Stellaris\mod\mystical"

Alternatively, you could just delete everything inside of "" behind "mod/mystical" and it should work fine, so the line looks like: path="mod/mystical"

• 3 months later...

Anyone else using this run into an issue where random Empires that spawn with this portrait set and only this set will rarely crash the game when you click on any systems they own aside from their capital?

Edited by SOMEGUY7839